• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gAbbYrOckz

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool beans thanks for sharing!

but im soo sad... why did like a century?? have to pass for this next story T.T

so Korra is a girl? in a description i read a year ago it sed guy..... hmmm

WAAA!! I can't wait!! I lovedddd avatar the last airbender! I can't wait for this!!

Team AVATAR!

82545394.jpg

Mako and Bolin - the brothers.

15346666.jpg

Bolin

tumblrlp2s9mlpxn1qck3oz.jpg

Mako

80154504.jpg

tumblrlp2jcxeagy1qeh8c7.jpg

tumblrlp2s9mlpxn1qck3oz.jpg

The whole cast (including Tenzin- Aang's son)

85549602.jpg

Guest vulgar812

I'm so excited!

The setting kind of threw me off, however. It looks to... modern? I read that they were aiming for a "steampunk" look, but I don't really see the steampunk.

• 7 months later...

an epic series you don't want to miss!

Avatar-The-Legend-Of-Korra-1.jpg

The series premiered on Nickelodeon on April 14, 2012, and has been slated for 26 episodes.

New episodes air every Saturday at 11:00 am Pacific Time USA.

After the conclusion of The War, Aang and Zuko brought people from the four nations together and founded the United Republic, creating Republic City a large "metropolis powered by steam punk-type technology" such as cars and motorcycles. Aang and Katara had three children, the youngest of which is Tenzin, an airbender. Meanwhile, Toph Beifong traveled extensively to teach metalbending. After Aang's death, the next Avatar, Korra, was born in the Southern Water Tribe.

At the present time, seventy years after the end of the War, Korra is a rebellious seventeen year-old girl. As the Avatar, she has already mastered waterbending, earthbending, and firebending. At the beginning of the series, Korra travels to Republic  City and starts her airbending training with Tenzin. Tenzin himself is married to Pema He has two daughters, Jinora,  a "bookworm", and Ikki, a "motor-mouth", while Meelo, his youngest child, is currently his only son. Pema is currently pregnant with the couple's fourth child.

However, Republic  City is not what Korra imagined it to be. Anti-benders called “Equalists”, who oppose the arts of bending, utilize techniques such as chi blocking to further their goals of revolution, led by Amon. Korra must fight rampant crime and the anti-bender revolt, assisted by two brothers, Mako, a firebender, and Bolin, an earthbender. She is also joined by her animal guide, Naga, and the metalbending police force of Republic  City, who are led by Toph’s daughter, Lin Beifong.

Source: http://avatar.wikia....Legend_of_Korra

Characters:

character_large_332x363_korra.jpg?height=363&width=332&quality=0.91

Korra / Avatar

Korra couldn't have less in common with Aang, the previous Avatar. A 17-year-old girl from the Southern Water Tribe, she is as hot-headed and  eager as she is talented. When she runs away to Republic City, her stubbornness and impatience get in the way of her bending studies, but  it is clear from the start that she is destined for greatness. Korra discovers many new things in Republic City - some amazing and some terrifying. Whether its honing her bending skills in the Pro-bending  Arena, facing off with street thugs or facing an anti-bending rebellion, Korra learns that being the Avatar comes with many dangers and  responsibilities. As if being a teenager wasn't hard enough on its own!

character_large_332x363_mako.jpg?height=363&width=332&quality=0.91

Mako / Firebender

A Firebender with a serious side, the handsome and brooding Mako has always taken care of his little brother, Bolin. Growing up on the streets has given him a hard edge, but Mako loves his brother and will do anything to protect them both. Intensely focused on getting their team through the Pro-bending tournament and winning the jackpot, Mako's tightly controlled world gets a little more chaotic when Korra enters the picture.

character_large_332x363_bolin.jpg?height=363&width=332&quality=0.91

Bolin / Earthbender

No matter how intense things get around Republic City (and they do get  intense), Bolin is always good for a laugh. Mako's younger brother and  Pro-bending teammate, Bolin tends to be more laidback and likes to have a  good time. Despite their tough childhood, Bolin always has a smile on his face and a lady on his arm. In fact, it was Bolin who was  responsible for introducing Mako to Korra. But Bolin is no clown. When the time comes to buckle down and bend some earth, this tough contender can handle his business.

character_large_332x363_tenzin.jpg?height=363&width=332&quality=0.91

Tenzin / Airbender

Tenzin and his wife Pema raise their two daughters, Jinora and Ikki, and son Meelo, on Air Temple Island. As Avatar Aang's son and an Airbender, Tenzin carries a great responsibility on his shoulders to continue the  dream of his father to protect not only the next Avatar, but also Republic City. Generally very serious and calm, Tenzin's serene life on Air Temple Island is rocked when the impetuous Korra moves into his home to continue her airbending training. As Korra's teacher, Tenzin finds his patience tested time and again but he also realizes that while she  has a lot to learn from him, he also has something to learn from her.

character_large_332x363_lin_bei_fong.jpg?height=363&width=332&quality=0.91

Chief Lin Beifong

Her mother, Toph, taught Avatar Aang how to earthbend, but Chief Lin Beifong doesn't feel any special affection for the new Avatar. In fact, this metal and earthbending police chief sees Korra's arrival as the biggest threat Republic City has faced in recent times. Korra's reckless ways are constantly leaving Lin Beifong's streets in ruin, and this chief is determined to push the Avatar out of her city.

character_large_332x363_amon.jpg?height=363&width=332&quality=0.91

Amon

Little is known about the mysterious leader of the anti-bending revolution. He wears a mask to conceal his face. He is a nimble, stealthy fighter who shows no fear even against the highest-level bender. His ultimate goal  is to rid the world of bending.

Source: http://www.nick.com/...a?navid=showNav

~

I do apologize if there has already been a thread created for the series, because I couldn't find it in the listings. Please do let me know otherwise if that's the case, and I can tell a moderator to close this. :)

~

Guest itrayya

i haven't really kept up or watched the previous series, but i think my siblings and nephew would love it.

the voice of the avatar kid was really annoying to me.

if i had to pick, i'd be an air bender.

Guest courtleee

A few questions I had after ep. 1 and 2--

*How are Mako and Bolin brothers...if they both bend different elements (maybe their parents were a earthbender and firebender?)

*WHO IS THE FATHER OF TOPH'S CHILD?

*What happened to Zuko's mom ;_;

I really enjoy the new soundtrack...so beautiful (minus the weird bagpipes thing that comes up every now and then).  Korra will need to grow on me, because as of now, I'm not really liking her that much LOL.

There's also a lot of underlying *serious* social themes in this show, haha.  The whole benders/non-benders "conflict" that will inevitably arise, the corruption of Republic City, etc.  Haha.

I absolutely loveeee the music score thus far! :) Particularly this one: Main Theme. It's really epic with all the instrumentals, well, I usually get goosebumps listening to the Avatar OST in general.

To answer your questions, hellososhi, I believe someone at Comic Con had said something about once the Republic was built, there were more inter-bender (if that's even a term) couples, so people have said that Mako was inspired of course by Zuko and Bolin of Toph.

Yea, I was waiting to hear more about Zuko's mom too, which I am sure will be revealed throughout the series. I am so excited :w00t:

Guest bluebreads

A few questions I had after ep. 1 and 2--

*How are Mako and Bolin brothers...if they both bend different elements (maybe their parents were a earthbender and firebender?)

*WHO IS THE FATHER OF TOPH'S CHILD?

*What happened to Zuko's mom ;_;

I really enjoy the new soundtrack...so beautiful (minus the weird bagpipes thing that comes up every now and then).  Korra will need to grow on me, because as of now, I'm not really liking her that much LOL.

There's also a lot of underlying *serious* social themes in this show, haha.  The whole benders/non-benders "conflict" that will inevitably arise, the corruption of Republic City, etc.  Haha.

*Mako and Bolin have interbender parents (possibly their mom was a firebender and their dad was an earthbender). Kinda like how Aang is an airbender and Katara is a waterbender and of their three children only Tenzin is an airbender, Kya is a waterbender, and Bumi is a nonbender. Also in case you're wondering, Aang's special avatar status isn't genetic so it's not possible for him to pass on the other elements.

*That's never been revealed to us. LoK might delve into that but personally I don't think it will given that it's only 26 episodes total (for both seasons). Korra and her adventures will be the main focus of the show rather than nostalgic flashbacks.

*Again this is something the creators have held off telling us and I kinda don't think they will- even with LoK. There is the comic book series called "The Promise" which is supposed to be the bridge between Atla and Lok and supposedly Ursa's story will be tied up there...the comic book series is considered "official" as deemed by Nickolodeon but since the original creators didn't write the series, I'm personally gonna ignore the comics.

I really do hope they'll let us know what happened to Zuko's mother though, because it was kinda a tease for them to have Jinora ask Katara about Zuko's mother. Then only to have her begin to say something about it and be cut off. :( Maybe they will reveal it throughout the series like how they revealed certain key moments of the past in ATLA.

Guest UponARose

I've watched the first two eps and its really interesting and different from avatar: the last airbender. Maybe I'm rushing it, but i think the legend of Korra won't be as good as the last airbender. :S Just my opinion.

It's great to see you here, UponARose! (I was beginning to think I'm talking to myself in this forum:sweatingbullets:) Yea, I don't want to make any judgement since the series is still barely starting, given that it will be shorter than A:TLA. But it's good that the story is somewhat completely different.I do like the fact that Korra has already mastered all three elements. I know lots of people aren't too thrilled with that, given Aang had to learn the other three. But even though Korra may know those elements, she has yet to master and greatly lacks the knowledge of the spirit side. Which I think is good in that it'll be just as challenging for her to learn on top of airbending. I'm super excited and can't wait till Saturdays. :)

Anyways, I wanted to share one of my favorite moments from the second episode! :lol:(source: http://www.avatarspirit.net/index.php)

1249eh.jpg

Archived