'Harry Potter' star Jamie Waylett jailed after London riots violence

sugarplum892

160x120_jamie_waylett.jpg

Jamie Waylett, best known for his role as Vincent Crabbe in the Harry Potter movies, has been sentenced to jail for his involvement in riot violence last summer.

Waylett was arrested for his activities with a gang of at least four others during the London riots in August 2011.

The actor was found guilty by a jury at the London Wood Green Crown Court for violent disorder and for handling stolen goods.

The 22-year-old actor has received separate two-year and 12-month sentences, to run concurrently. He will be eligible for possible parole in a year.

Judge Simon Carr said during the sentencing: "You were pictured on a number of occasions with a bottle full of petrol with a rag as a wick.

"I accept entirely the jury's verdict that you did not throw or have any intention of throwing it, but merely being in possession of it would have been terrifying to anyone who saw you."

It is not the first time Waylett has been in trouble with the law. In 2009, the actor was arrested on a drug possession charge, for which he served 120 hours of community service.

http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrity/news/a372207/harry-potter-star-jamie-waylett-jailed-after-london-riots-violence.html

Guest karrarice

I wonder where they will make him serve his prison sentence.

Azkaban, perhaps?

This totally made me laugh out loud. :)

HAHAHAHAHA.

Archived