Can you sing?

Guest tokiiox

Guest tokiiox

I'm not tone deaf, but neither am I one to fight for the karaoke mic. Can you learn how to sing and sing well? Or do you think it's something that's innate, a 'you have it or you don't' ability? Anybody here took voice lessons and noticed a considerable improvement? Share your thoughts!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chocolate_Gummy_Bear

I like to sing. I can carry a note but would love to take vocal lessons as well. I believe that vocal lessons can help those who truly desire to be singers but you do have to be able to at least carry a tune.<br>

Guest nobody knows

can I sing? yes

well? no

if given vocal lessons, I could probably improve (depending on how willing I am to improve, if I have no motivation ..)

singing in general isn't a you have it or don't kind of thing--

but being a singer and having all kinds of people attracted to your voice and presence is

my mom was .... v_v omg

I, who can sleep through bulldozers, was woken up when it was her turn to sing at karaoke LOL

she's taken karaoke singing lessons for the past 1~2 years, and she's improved a LOT

..thank god

hahah

Guest Rita1430281860

I can sing... I can sing anything. I just won't sound good. lol

I actually don't know. Some people say I sound good, others say I sound bad, or just need improvement (a lot of it).

However, I'm pretty good when it comes to using my head voice. I've been in choir for about 10 years, so I can keep a note.

I much rather sing opera than pop music.

Mix voice is not my thing. :\ I wish it was though.

Hahaha, I'm told I sound good, yet I'm told I sound bad from my sister (Duh, we all tell our siblings we each suck lol)

If I was given an option to take singing lesson, yes I would take it because I've always wanted to take lessons lol, just to Improve

In high school I wanted to learn how to sing better, so I just searched online haha. I self-taught myself to not sing from my throat PHEW, every time i did (before) i would have a sore throat for a few days, after a while, I got use to it, but I'm still learning slowly....

Guest Icka.dreamz

I love to sing and I even set up a little recording studio in my basement however I don't think I'm the best. I think the only way you can improve is if you record yourself and then listen to it. Trust me, it's completely different from when you just sing and you hear yourself. 

Guest PDURRR

LOL when i wanted to learn how to sing, i looked up those filipino "how to sing" or voice technique youtube videos

i can't really say i can sing but it's not like i can't sing either. i don't have much range hahaha.

Guest Saseumi

I used to perform in a borough choir and in some opera shows as a child, so I can still carry a tune and I enjoy singing. I just struggle to reach higher notes now I'm older. I'd probably be good if I had lessons, but as I am I'm in the "isn't bad but isn't overly impressive" zone. People hear me singing under my breath or humming and think I must have a good voice, so I won't ruin the illusion for them. I'm too shy to really honestly sing alone in front of people now anyway. x)

Guest dolcedor.

I can carry a tune but my range is kind of limited. My chest voice range is less than an octave. :( Despite this, I enjoy singing and karaoke is one of my favorite activities.

Guest MissLuvlee

I learned to sing and play piano at the same time, I never took any vocal lessons but I practiced by listening to my favorit artists.

I know some people who couldn't sing a tune right but learned. One of my friends are a professional artist today because she went to a vocal coach. So everything is possible if you practice everyday. If you have a piano you should use it and practice your range, it really works. Today you can get lessons online and some of them you're getting the basics for free. For everyone who loves karaoke, keep on doing it :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RelentlessMelody

I can sing. XD I'm a K-pop coverist on YouTube...sometimes people say my voice is similar to Park Bom's but I have to say, I totally don't agree. 

I've also taken voice lessons before, but only for a few months.

I've known people who've gone from pretty bad singers to decent with voice lessons.  You should give it a try!

Guest Mianhaeyo

Most of my friends say I can. But then again, friends sugarcoat stuff alot not to insult you.

I'd say I'm not that bad at singing, I'm just too nervous so my voice gets all cracky.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived