I'm pretty sure I have the strangest, undefinable face shape...

Guest little-fawn

Guest little-fawn

I don't want to post pictures of myself straight on, because of this very reason...

But this girl has a very similar face shape:

http://www.beauty-bo...e/short/lip150/

I almost never find someone with a face shape similar enough, and even then this is not quite there. Forehead isn't as wide as my cheeks or jawline, cheeks a little wider than jawline, but then my face is kind of chubby.. I have all prominent cheeks (full), chin (in profile and pointy when smiling), and jawline (squared and seen in profile). My face is about as wide as it is long, but my forehead isn't short. I kind of have all of the face shapes in one except oval and long?

Any help? I've literally done ALL the research one could possibly do  about the traditional denominations of face shapes... and I've found I  don't fit into any of the definitively. I used to just sweep myself under round.. but square or rectangle eye frames look absolutely terrible while I find only round frames to look good on me. However I do not have prominent cheek bones (even though mine are high, I have a chubbier face despite being 90 pounds) and other square face shape advice does not jive.

Really blurry picture of how my face shape looks when smiling... it's  ridiculously strange because it looks nothing like this when my face is  relaxed. Also this is blurry and therefore kind of flattering as my cheeks are usually more prominent. I'm not smiling all the way though... then it starts looking really terrible. My chin goes \/ but it looks strange with my full cheeks and then I have dimples under my lips? @ ~ @

88112bef0881885e41667ac8f8089d35_large.png

I've never gotten my hair professionally cut. I've always done it myself, and I'm convinced a hair stylist can't really offer my that much further knowledge than the amount I've researched online for the price of about 60 dollars. Should I really spend that money? I mean, I've played around with all sorts of styles.

I'm honestly so insecure I'm hoping I can get jaw and cheek reshaping surgery... but first I might try botox in my masseter muscles and then buccal fat pad removal (I know it's not recommended but I doubt I'd miss the cheek fat in the future).

EDIT: Everyone seems to be mislead by my smiling pic! This is what my face is when relaxed and mouth slightly open... (also my face is super asymmetrical.. in my jaw line too which makes it even harder), shrunken because I look ghastly haha, sparing you of the details:

8042305f1ca3f7f893172f8ce65f7772_large.png

Took this especially for this thread. Hair pulled back straight on.. gah...I actually look a little better without bangs though, it lengthens out my face since I dont have a squared forehead?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ZoidbergMD

you have a heart shaped face, I know because I also have a heart shaped face. My mother also has a heart shaped face lol

I understand, my face looks pretty much oval/round when it's relaxed, however when I smile it's full on heart shaped with the pointed chin and square-ish jaw line. Reese witherspoon also has a heart shaped face for reference, although she has a more prominent chin.

Stick with the side bangs my friend, middle parts also look decent but I find that's only in real life, not so much for photos... also your picture scared the beejeesus out of me, resize please.

Guest hypeforlife91

So is that you in the avatar?

If so, I don't know why you would be so insecure because you are quite pretty.

I have a combination face shape as well. I have NEVER been able to put myself into one specific face shape. Mine is like a potato LOL. My boyfriend calls me Stewie Griffin (family guy) when I have my hair down cause it makes my head take on a wide-ish shape with my hair at the sides. This is because I've got 'em really chubby cheeks.

I've concluded that my face shape is on the round side because of my cheeks. BUT my face is still visibly longer than it is wide. Weird huh? Cause a true round face shape is nearly the same width and length. If I lost the fat on my face (when I get older?) then my face would be pretty oval/ slightly heart-shaped. However, my stylist has oddly said that I have an oval face already and the hairstyles she gave me was absolutely gorgeous. I would go back to her if I didn't move to a different state! UHHHHH.

And do not get buccal fat pad removal...it will make you age horribly cause they suck the fat out that actually keeps you looking younger. Your face will most likely slim down and lose that fat with age already! So you'll look rather gaunt when you get old with too little fat in that area.

I have complained about my fat cheeks too, but I guess I love them more now. Sure, I still wish I had a sharper, more chiseled face but I'll just have to wait. People think I'm 16-17 when I'm in my early 20s! That might suck now since I'm actually still young and in the phase where I want to look more mature. And I'm quite sure my real age vs. my facial age will be even more apparent in the future when I'm in my 30s and look 10 years younger LOL. That's when it will finally be a good thing to have chubby, round cheeks.

Edit: I just saw your huge pic. Honestly, I think you look like a doll (first thing that popped into my head). And your cheeks are like...no where as chubby as mine and your face shape is more angular than mine too. Lol so I don't really know why you hate your face shape because it is pretty nice to me. What face shape do you like anyway? :sweatingbullets:

Guest little-fawn

I would say you have a heart-shaped face :)

Trust me.. I definitely do not. I wish, that's my favorite shape! When I'm not smiling my jawline is almost completely flat, however I still happen to have a strong chin. It's so weird!

you have a heart shaped face, I know because I also have a heart shaped face. My mother also has a heart shaped face lol

I understand, my face looks pretty much oval/round when it's relaxed, however when I smile it's full on heart shaped with the pointed chin and square-ish jaw line. Reese witherspoon also has a heart shaped face for reference, although she has a more prominent chin.

Stick with the side bangs my friend, middle parts also look decent but I find that's only in real life, not so much for photos... also your picture scared the beejeesus out of me, resize please.

The only heart shaped characteristic I have is my chin though, and it's completely unnoticeable otherwise. Aren't heart shapes supposed to have narrow jawlines too, like a V? Mine is definitely flat.. like in the picture of the hair model I posted. My mother is really beautiful and was a model when she was younger (she's also a trophy wife to married into money lol), and she has an oval faced shape, but unfortunately me and my siblings all inherited my father's really, really strange face shape @ n @

Haha, sorry! I know. I tried resizing it in the post field a million times... but I guess that doesn't work in Firefox or something? I resized it via the picture itself.  

So is that you in the avatar?

If so, I don't know why you would be so insecure because you are quite pretty.

I have a combination face shape as well. I have NEVER been able to put myself into one specific face shape. Mine is like a potato LOL. My boyfriend calls me Stewie Griffin (family guy) when I have my hair down cause it makes my head take on a wide-ish shape with my hair at the sides. This is because I've got 'em really chubby cheeks.

I've concluded that my face shape is on the round side because of my cheeks. BUT my face is still visibly longer than it is wide. Weird huh? Cause a true round face shape is nearly the same width and length. If I lost the fat on my face (when I get older?) then my face would be pretty oval/ slightly heart-shaped. However, my stylist has oddly said that I have an oval face already and the hairstyles she gave me was absolutely gorgeous. I would go back to her if I didn't move to a different state! UHHHHH.

And do not get buccal fat pad removal...it will make you age horribly cause they suck the fat out that actually keeps you looking younger. Your face will most likely slim down and lose that fat with age already! So you'll look rather gaunt when you get old with too little fat in that area.

I have complained about my fat cheeks too, but I guess I love them more now. Sure, I still wish I had a sharper, more chiseled face but I'll just have to wait. People think I'm 16-17 when I'm in my early 20s! That might suck now since I'm actually still young and in the phase where I want to look more mature. And I'm quite sure my real age vs. my facial age will be even more apparent in the future when I'm in my 30s and look 10 years younger LOL. That's when it will finally be a good thing to have chubby, round cheeks.

Edit: I just saw your huge pic. Honestly, I think you look like a doll (first thing that popped into my head). And your cheeks are like...no where as chubby as mine and your face shape is more angular than mine too. Lol so I don't really know why you hate your face shape because it is pretty nice to me. What face shape do you like anyway?  :sweatingbullets:

Yeah! I have body dysmorphic disorder... but honestly, I just know by now how to take flattering pictures I think haha. I really don't feel like I look the same as I do in pictures than in real life, or pictures that aren't taken by me, contrary to what's said by my boyfriend (I imagine it's like a mother telling you you're the prettiest girl in the world..) But really, I've just built up a certain image of myself through pictures at angles and makeup and whatnot. I'm just fooling you :P

LOL, yeah mine is definitely worthy of the potato title. My hair looks absolutely terrible down. I have almost waist-length, thick straight hair and it definitely doesn't help with the potato situation... and yeah, I know all those warnings about the buccal fat removal.. but my sister is almost 30 and looks exactly the same. I'm pretty sure I can get away with it!

The wideness of my face tends to fluctuate though... my face is definitely more chubby than that picture a lot of the time.

Guest hypeforlife91

Trust me.. I definitely do not. I wish, that's my favorite shape! When I'm not smiling my jawline is almost completely flat, however I still happen to have a strong chin. It's so weird!

The only heart shaped characteristic I have is my chin though, and it's completely unnoticeable otherwise. Aren't heart shapes supposed to have narrow jawlines too, like a V? Mine is definitely flat.. like in the picture of the hair model I posted. My mother is really beautiful and was a model when she was younger (she's also a trophy wife to married into money lol), and she has an oval faced shape, but unfortunately me and my siblings all inherited my father's really, really strange face shape @ n @

Haha, sorry! I know. I tried resizing it in the post field a million times... but I guess that doesn't work in Firefox or something? I resized it via the picture itself.  

Yeah! I have body dysmorphic disorder... but honestly, I just know by now how to take flattering pictures I think haha. I really don't feel like I look the same as I do in pictures than in real life, or pictures that aren't taken by me, contrary to what's said by my boyfriend (I imagine it's like a mother telling you you're the prettiest girl in the world..) But really, I've just built up a certain image of myself through pictures at angles and makeup and whatnot. I'm just fooling you :P

LOL, yeah mine is definitely worthy of the potato title. My hair looks absolutely terrible down. I have almost waist-length, thick straight hair and it definitely doesn't help with the potato situation... and yeah, I know all those warnings about the buccal fat removal.. but my sister is almost 30 and looks exactly the same. I'm pretty sure I can get away with it!

The wideness of my face tends to fluctuate though... my face is definitely more chubby than that picture a lot of the time.

Sometimes my hair looks really good down and sometimes it looks bad. Really weird. But even if I thought my hair looked great down in the mirror...once I step out of the bathroom my boyfriend tells me I look like Stewie Griffin again. *LOL* Don't know if he is serious or just trying to get me mad, but he has told me many times that I look much better with my hair up and my family too. He says "you seriously look so good with your hair up, very sporty!" :crazy:

But seriously, don't get surgery. Removing the fat will cause you to age faster (dead serious lol). And the bone reshaping surgery or what-not has a long down time and you have pretty high chance for infection (permanent face disfigurement and pain). I heard this not only from my daily readings, but also from BeautyQQ in Youtube. She's awesome.

Guest little-fawn

Sometimes my hair looks really good down and sometimes it looks bad. Really weird. But even if I thought my hair looked great down in the mirror...once I step out of the bathroom my boyfriend tells me I look like Stewie Griffin again. *LOL* Don't know if he is serious or just trying to get me mad, but he has told me many times that I look much better with my hair up and my family too. He says "you seriously look so good with your hair up, very sporty!"  :crazy:

But seriously, don't get surgery. Removing the fat will cause you to age faster (dead serious lol). And the bone reshaping surgery or what-not has a long down time and you have pretty high chance for infection (permanent face disfigurement and pain). I heard this not only from my daily readings, but also from BeautyQQ in Youtube. She's awesome.

My mother always tells me to take out the hair out of my face, no bangs, and hair up. I always retaliated thinking I need to cover up my face as much as possible, especially the sides... Haha, I'm sure you don't look anything even close to Stewie, though, don't worry :P He's probably just trying to annoy you to get attention, I do that sometimes my poking my boyfriend's nose, ha!

Well, I have an overbite and I could well get jaw surgery for that that will also have aesthetic benefits.. but with the same healing time and pain. I don't know, I highly value natural beauty but I just don't think I have it. I also believe that if you can, and it will improve your life (that of which is only so long!), why not! But yeah.. I'm a complete wimp for pain. Maybe just botox in the jaw muscles for now... though that sounds pretty bad too, haha.

I think that you are really beautiful, you have an amazing face shape and bone structure. Please don't get surgery I think it will wreck your amazing looks. I don't quite know what else to say other than I think it's sad that someone so beautiful feels so insecure. Did something happen or someone say something to you in the past to make you feel this way?

Guest Those_RainyDays

I'm not sure what's your face shape, but I have to say you're gorgeous! Cute and classy at the same time <3

Guest witchery

I don't understand. I REALLY like your bone structure. You've unique facial features and I think you should be feeling grateful for the beauty you were born with. My little sister even just came in and saw a glimpse of your picture, and said "she looks pretty". I think you're nitpicking at yourself way too much, because a lot of people would actually love to have a look like yours!

I'm not sure what's your face shape, but I have to say you're gorgeous! Cute and classy at the same time <3

lol i agree with you

who cares about face shape when you look pretty.. you look like a doll.

Guest iPhets

I would say oval.

But seriously though, I think you would look decent with your hair up. Its probably because you're not used to it that you think its weird. It used to happen to me, but now that I have to tie my hair up (no bangs in face, no hair on sides) I've gotten used to it.

Guest Karatemma

I don't want to post pictures of myself straight on, because of this very reason...

But this girl has a very similar face shape:

http://www.beauty-bo...e/short/lip150/

I almost never find someone with a face shape similar enough, and even then this is not quite there. Forehead isn't as wide as my cheeks or jawline, cheeks a little wider than jawline, but then my face is kind of chubby.. I have all prominent cheeks (full), chin (in profile and pointy when smiling), and jawline (squared and seen in profile). My face is about as wide as it is long, but my forehead isn't short. I kind of have all of the face shapes in one except oval and long?

Any help? I've literally done ALL the research one could possibly do  about the traditional denominations of face shapes... and I've found I  don't fit into any of the definitively. I used to just sweep myself under round.. but square or rectangle eye frames look absolutely terrible while I find only round frames to look good on me. However I do not have prominent cheek bones (even though mine are high, I have a chubbier face despite being 90 pounds) and other square face shape advice does not jive.

Really blurry picture of how my face shape looks when smiling... it's  ridiculously strange because it looks nothing like this when my face is  relaxed. Also this is blurry and therefore kind of flattering as my cheeks are usually more prominent. I'm not smiling all the way though... then it starts looking really terrible. My chin goes \/ but it looks strange with my full cheeks and then I have dimples under my lips? @ ~ @

*quoted image*

I've never gotten my hair professionally cut. I've always done it myself, and I'm convinced a hair stylist can't really offer my that much further knowledge than the amount I've researched online for the price of about 60 dollars. Should I really spend that money? I mean, I've played around with all sorts of styles.

I'm honestly so insecure I'm hoping I can get jaw and cheek reshaping surgery... but first I might try botox in my masseter muscles and then buccal fat pad removal (I know it's not recommended but I doubt I'd miss the cheek fat in the future).

EDIT: Everyone seems to be mislead by my smiling pic! This is what my face is when relaxed and mouth slightly open... (also my face is super asymmetrical.. in my jaw line too which makes it even harder), shrunken because I look ghastly haha, sparing you of the details:

*quoted image*

Took this especially for this thread. Hair pulled back straight on.. gah...I actually look a little better without bangs though, it lengthens out my face since I dont have a squared forehead?

OMG! I had to register an account! I chanced upon this thread when I was looking up on angry eyebrows on google because I kind of have them.

And then I saw your pictures. You are beautiful! Will you marry me? Hahaha. What's your race btw?

My mom's face shape is like this too, so I guess I never thought it was weird (since mom's face is the one I saw most often growing up, haha). I think you look really pretty with your hair pulled back! Actually I think this kind of face shape is good for modeling because it's very versatile and you can get a lot of different looks just with small angle/pose changes.

If you're worried about the overbite, maybe you could try Invisalign? I know it's only for mild cases, but it wouldn't hurt to ask...

Guest little-fawn

I think that you are really beautiful, you have an amazing face shape and bone structure. Please don't get surgery I think it will wreck your amazing looks. I don't quite know what else to say other than I think it's sad that someone so beautiful feels so insecure. Did something happen or someone say something to you in the past to make you feel this way?

Aw, thank you. But I'm no more beautiful than any of you! No event in particular, I've always been painfully insecure. I've had a lot of issues in the past, and still do :P It must just come along with the depression or subsequently from other events. It almost feels like I've always had body dysmorphic disorder because I remember compulsively mirror checking since I can remember, very strange. But I can sincerely say I was definitely sore on the eyes in middle school and what not haha. It's all just self-critique mostly, no one has ever told me I have a weird face shape or anything of that nature.

And to everyone: Thank you so much, but again, I'm no more beautiful than any of you, honestly, haha. I feel as if when anyone says anything positive about me about physical features I've tricked and lied to them some how @__@ (which is true to an extent, makeup, and more flattering pictures...) I really appreciate the kind words, but I guess nothing can change how I feel about myself.

OMG! I had to register an account! I chanced upon this thread when I was looking up on angry eyebrows on google because I kind of have them.

And then I saw your pictures. You are beautiful! Will you marry me? Hahaha. What's your race btw?

You must be kidding lol @_@!!! Thank you for the flattering words, but I can't really agree, haha. I'm half Chinese (northern) and half Japanese.

Guest little-fawn

My mom's face shape is like this too, so I guess I never thought it was weird (since mom's face is the one I saw most often growing up, haha). I think you look really pretty with your hair pulled back! Actually I think this kind of face shape is good for modeling because it's very versatile and you can get a lot of different looks just with small angle/pose changes.

If you're worried about the overbite, maybe you could try Invisalign? I know it's only for mild cases, but it wouldn't hurt to ask...

Haha, well you're right in that I look completely different depending on which angle or type of lighting you see me in. Also I change with my hair quite easily. Really weird, another reason I think I look so different in real life than in pictures. But I think a major factor of that is because my face is so asymmetrical... but that is exactly why I would make the most terrible model.... I have a few friends who are photographers that wanted to use me as a model and that was the most terrible idea I could think of haha.

I had a headgear when I was younger along with braces, but I never wore it because no one explained to me exactly what it did and its effect on my future aesthtics, so I just thought it was stupid and pointless... and now I finally know why I should have :wacko: But my case is pretty significant, it's also why the lower part of my face is shorter, why my jaw is a little uneven, and why my chin is so prominent (you can fit your finger under the little nook created under my bottom lip and chin)

Aw, thank you. But I'm no more beautiful than any of you! No event in particular, I've always been painfully insecure. I've had a lot of issues in the past, and still do :P It must just come along with the depression or subsequently from other events. It almost feels like I've always had body dysmorphic disorder because I remember compulsively mirror checking since I can remember, very strange. But I can sincerely say I was definitely sore on the eyes in middle school and what not haha. It's all just self-critique mostly, no one has ever told me I have a weird face shape or anything of that nature.

I was insecure like you when I was younger, I used to literally stand in front of the mirror for hours criticizing myself ever since I was really young (I was definitely sore on the eyes too XD worthy of the ugly duckling to magnificent swan thread ) But I dunno I just grew out of it, i'm by no means perfect ( I have really bad overbite and a seriously wonky jaw) and now I look back and think of how unhappy I was and feel like it was a bit of a waste of life if you get what I mean, you only live once why spend all your time worrying about looks that you cant really change. I hope you can feel comfortable in your skin soon :)

Guest cookieapple

I don't see why you would want surgey, not everyone has a defined face shape that can be immediately labelled at oval or square or round etc. You have a unique face shape, embrace it :)

Either way I don't think it could be stranger than mine. Mine is generally oval shaped, then when I smile my chin gets really pointy, to the point where I think it resembles the rooves of houses that you draw as a kid.

You're a doll, so stay like that ^^

Guest nameless

I am guessing, possibly oblong. My face shape is similar to yours imo(from the front anyways) but without the high cheek bones. I have that "v-line" but along the sides of my face it seems so straight and flat >.> It is weird to me, and I personally don't like it and wish to change it(but I won't lol) and am quite insecure about it too, plus my nose bridge is like.. nonexistent D:

But really, from the photos you provided + your avatar, you are very pretty! I don't care if you say that it's just the angle or whatnot, you really are :)

Archived