JYJ's Controversy against Sasaeng Fans; What's your stand?

Guest lualm

Guest lualm

The online community is a-buzz with news that Dispatch, a Korean news outlet, have obtained hold of a file containing evidence of JYJ members assaulting and hurling severe verbal abuse towards fans. In the disturbing accompanying audio files JYJ member, Kim Jaejoong, is heard hitting and swearing at a girl, even telling her to come back when she attempts to flee. Other member, Park Yoochun is also heard swearing at another fan in the same audio file.

This audio file is stirring up interest as there had been allegations a month ago of Yoochun hitting a fan. There was found to be no basis to the claim and it was rubbished but these new files definitely show Yoochun using foul language with fans who allegedly were minors.

However, the reliability of Dispatch has been questioned in the past as they have been found to lying with regards to other Korean artists. Furthermore, they are seen more as paparazzi as opposed to real reporters and this is demonstrated through their sensationlist seeking news items. However, if the audio file is taken into consideration it does appear that they there is some authenticity to this claim. It also appears that this controversy is already under investigation and there are also rumors of a lawsuit underway.

However if one looks at it from the perspective of the two JYJ members it becomes clear that the times in which the members have demonstrated abuse towards fans has been times in which fans known as ‘stalker’ or ‘life fans’ have been incesantly stalking them. These fans are known to have no boundaries and have even managed on occasions to get hold of the social security numbers of idols. Although, one can understand the frustration the members must have been experiencing, there is no way violence can be condoned.

We have translated the Dispatch article:

The rumor of the idol group’s use of violence against fans has been proved true. The files that were found had intense language and inappropriate language, along with use of violence.

The members of JYJ Park and Kim were the ones that used verbal and physical violence. Kim’s file was the longest, recording up to 10 minutes of using foul language at the fans. Park’s file only has 10 seconds of using vile language while Joonsu’s has none. However, his voice seemed frustrated.

The case of using violence against fans became an issue after Park’s video of use of physical violence. At that time, JYJ said that Park did not use any form of physical violence and the case ended like that. However, the interviews proved wrong. After meeting 10 fans, Park and JaeJoong used physical and verbal violence at the fans continuously.

JaeJoong’s use of violent words and actions were especially dangerous. He hit and swore at the teenage fans. The file dated back to 2009, which was around the time when DBSK was on the brink of collapse. JaeJoong used words such as “pinkberry”, “Son of a pinkberry”, and “You Piece of mini cooper”

While he was swearing at the teenage fans, he could not control himself and used physical violence. In the recording, the fans’ voice being in pain could be heard. JaeJoong whet after the fans that was running away and repeated the violent acts. Just by hearing the record, one could have inferred that it was no fan meeting.

Of course, JaeJoong had something to say. He said that because of the “Life Fans” who invade privacies and track the idols down, he has no room to breathe. “Have you ever thought of the pressure we are under and the stress we get? I would rather go to prison. I would rather go to the army” JaeJoong said.

The fans called “Life” fans track down DBSK like bloodhounds. They use “Life Taxi” to follow the members from day to night. The reason for his use of violence also came from the anger towards the life fans. He could not bear the fact that they followed him all the way where he was drinking and used violence.

“We wait in front of the hotel they are sleeping in and when they get out, we take a taxi and close in” said one of the ex-life fans said. They said that they still pursued the idols while they knew that they may be under physical and verbal violence. “It felt good looking at them close up” the ex-fan said.

Even if these life fans track the idols down, it is hard to understand the behavior of JaeJoong and Park. “Idols can only exist with the love of fans. Even if the fans are in pursuit of the idols 24/7, using verbal and physical violence towards them is unacceptable” said of the person in the market of Idol Groups.

Also, most of the life fans are teenagers in their middle school to high school years. “Life fan has the wrong view of what a fan is. But the idols have the duty to protect the fans. Even if they are life fans they are students and teenagers. The idols should not try to solve their problem with verbal and physical violence”

There are statements that say JaeJoong and Park’s actions generality. According to the interview, the use of physical and verbal violence was done by JaeJoong and Park. “The other members also have life fans. They do show the signs of anger, but they never used verbal or physical violence” said one life fan.

Idols and fans cannot be separated. Idols grow on fan’s interest. Fan clubs grow on the idols’ love. However, severe interest in the idols suffocates the idols. Also, a severe reaction against the interest can lead to cracks between the fans and the idols.

Idols’ patience and Life Fans’ introspection is needed. “I can understand the feeling of wanting to see the idols close up. However, the fans must allow some private space for the idols. As an idol, they must foster all kinds of fans even if the fans have a wrong view of being a fan. That is the destiny of a fan and the right attitude of being a fan.

source: hallyuuk.com

What's your take on this issue?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest smk85

If I had nut-jobs stalking me I'd probably hit/cuss at them too if given the chance, some people are a bit out there when it comes to being a "fan".....listen to the music, watch concerts....but for the love of God don't stalk and harass people, because you don't have a chance with them looking all crazy like that. :ph34r:

Guest nuhaa_isabelle

i'm not saying this because i like JYJ, but i'm sided with them.

my reasons :

- real fans don't do things their idols hate - stalking etc

- idols are human too. their privacy should be left alone

yeah they are harsh towards the so-called fans, but they did so because i don't think they could tolerate more sasaeng fans waiting outside their house because they want to see 'the side where other fans can't see'. at least there are some idols who take their own measure~ just saying

Guest me07a

please do read here>>>> http://jyj3.net/2012/03/06/trans-120306-release-of-video-and-audio-of-jyj-doing-violence-and-using-violence-language-to-saseng-fans-are-they-assailants/ ...... http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g9flec ........understand what saesang is before u say anything!!!

Guest mzpurple33

im in JYJ's side.. even the sasaeng fans said they're fine and ready with cussing and harassing. so why we have to make this as a bigger problem? okay they are idols, public figure.. so they have to hold and accept everything? no..

just take those mentally illness people to hospital please.. dont disturb jyj anymore.. please..enough the drama

Guest ita990

[MUST READ] [Translation] [Twitagora via @woolla1] Saseng fan is a controversial topic due to JYJ’s audio clips. So, I searched what saseng fans of TVXQ have done.

Click to see the original article and picture:

http://www.twitagora.com/issue/view.jsp?tano=16310

Credit: @woolla1

Top Star News Reporter Park Jihyuk

Translated by @dlwpdldhkdlwp

Note:

-Because this is a rough translation, there might be many grammatical and spelling mistakes.

-No infringement of copyright intended.

-Please DO NOT post and/or modify my translation on any TVXQ5, TVXQ2, COUPLE SHIPPER, ACGAE, and/or ONLY-ONE-MEMBER SUPPORTING sites.

-Have a nice day! :)

Saseng fan is a controversial topic due to JYJ’s audio clips. So, I searched what saseng fans of TVXQ have done.

1. Collected the blood of menstruation and gave to Junsu

2. Secretly broke into the dormitory of TVXQ and kissed on Jaejoong’s lips

3. Followed Junsu and caused car accidents.

4. Registered at PC room (Internet café) using the Social Security Number of Yoochun

5. Caused the incident of camera by Mickyoochun

6. Copied the key of the dormitory of TVXQ

7. Followed Changmin and caused fracture of his little finger

8. The girl who hit Changmin with the bag with a rock inside

9. Collected the blood of menstruation and gave as gifts to members

10. Found out all the Social Security Number of families of members and used at PC room.

11. Found out telephone numbers of families and called them

12. Stopped the phones of TVXQ, checked the call history, and checked each of them if they were women or not

13. Searched for TVXQ’ seal stamps at their dormitory hoping to register marriage with them

14. Sneaked into their dormitory and kissed on member’s face

15. Put underwear in the bag of member

16. Stole items of members

17. Sign up on sites using members’ Social Security Numbers

18. Hacked the hard drive of dormitory computer and checked which music they have listened and which sites they have visited

19. Touched members’ bodies

20. Followed them to airport by searching the ticket for airplane using members’ social security numbers

21. Followed the van going to dormitory by taxi

22. Waited in front of the dormitory

23. Followed the short holiday (only around 10days per year) and found out with whom they went on vacation

24. Searched for the new telephone number when they change their phones and texted

25. Although they didn’t have much time to sleep, was being noisy (text messaging, calling, talk outside of dormitory)

26. The most basic: used money to get saseng taxi and followed them right after the performance (at least 20 saseng taxi per time)

27. Put taps on phones of TVXQ members and Park Yoohwan

28. Separated them with girlfriends

29. Jaejoong mentioned on TV show: he called Yoochun to tell him to come to Han River and received a text message right after saying “Why are you calling Yoochun oppa?”

30. Gave sanitary pad and underwear as gifts

1st pic: MaxChangmin crying due to saseng fans

Comments on this picture:

-Changmin acted crying saying he broke up with his girlfriend because of sasengs. But sasengs just laughed and took pictures. And that Chinese girl is Jaejoong’s fan hit Changmin because he blocked Jaejoong… They are disgusting.

-Sasengs of TVXQ and FTIsland are more vicious.

-There has been another incident at the reststop of Sokcho.

2nd pic: Sasengs and saseng taxi broadcasted on SBS’ current affairs program “That We Want to Know”

3rd pic: Pictures of the door of Yoochun’s house

4th pic: Used Park Yoochun’s Social Security Number because she had overdue payment

From these, we can see how horrible saseng fans are and understand why JYJ members used violent languages… I even think it is mercy that they have not become mad after their sufferings from TVXQ period. The media should not only criticize using the audio of JYJ members but also criticize what saseng fans have done.

What is Saseng? Clear View About Saseng (from SunniKr)

Sasaeng fans:

it seems that not everyone in the k-fandom completely understands what a “sasaeng fan” is. the extremely toned down version of a “sasaeng fan” is

stalker. but sasaeng fans are not infamous for stalking idols. they are infamous for far worse things, and there have been extremely many physical accounts between sasaengs and idols.

it basically begins with a group of people who come together. then they each take turns stalking out at various places, mostly the idols’ dorms, radio recording sites, offices, etc. and when they see the idols leaving an area, they will text the others and say “come to (insert area here) right now, they are leaving.”

and the others, from wherever they are, get to that place as soon as they can to wait for the members. idols and managers even know some groups of sasaeng fans by face and name, and these “fans” will

physically try to go and hold onto the idols, swear and insult at them, touch them inappropriately, HIT and bruise the idols, and follow them

around EVERYWHERE. they will knock on the manager’s vans to get them to

open the window, bruise the members’ faces to leave marks, pull out

their hair to “keep”, etc. therefore the managers must constantly

protect these idols from harm and molestation, and to many korean fans,

it is absolutely no wonder as to

'why idols and managers lose their temper with these “fans”.'

there are many fanaccounts and blogs that belong to sasaeng fans who

write things like, “i touched his butt! i grabbed his crotch! i slapped

his face and now he has a bruise made by me!” these fans also call the

idols and ask, “where are you? tell me where you are!” and try various

methods in tracking down the idols. also, as they wait outside

buildings, fans smoke and rudely throw burnt out cigarettes at the

buildings, scream in the middle of the night outside their dorms to get

the members’ attention, etc.

other sasaeng fans travel through taxi. basically, the fans have to

pay the taxi driver a large sum of money, and in return they follow the

specific idol(s) for twenty four hours. if the fan does not have enough

money to spend, she would offer to have sex with the driver.

these fans have also been known for sending nude pictures to idols,

breaking into their homes (and like one infamous incident: pee on their

towels and hang them up on a rack), sending “gifts” such as writing in

period blood or pads drenched in period blood, etc. they have physically

hurt idols, in such occasions that the managers have to beat back at

the fans to protect the members. they even sell the idols’ phone numbers

and social security numbers online.

it is all extremely and negatively hardcore, and this is

only a fourth of the many things sasaeng fans do to idols. to

underestimate these fans and simply label them off as “any other fan” is

insulting. many korean fans refuse to call them fans.

they have been known to harm idols, more than anything, and are exactly

what managers protect idols from. sasaeng fans are ultimately dangerous.

Sunnikr

Guest haydef

Although resorting into violence isn't the best option, I can't blame Jae & Yoochun for their actions (if it's even really them). Frankly, I would've done the same or probably worse if I were in their shoes. I'm not saying this because I'm biased, but it's common sense that every human being should understand (I doubt those sasaengs have any). I've also read that the sasaengs are willing to pay $400 for a taxi to follow them. What in the world?! Instead of stalking the boys everywhere they go & annoy them, they could've donated the money to those in need under the boys' names. I'm sure JYJ will appreciate that!

I've to disagree with the so-called person in the market of Idol Groups. In any ways I can never understand why are sasaengs also labelled as 'fans'. Fans are supposed to support the idols & respect them as human beings regardless their looks, fame & talents. Sasaengs on the other hand are a bunch of selfish, psychotic people who think only for their own benefit & not caring about the idols' rights & feelings at all. Basically, I'll forever refuse to acknowledge sasaengs are also fans.

Edit: Don't they've law against stalkers in S. Korea? O_o

Guest Mellie1430262736

I'm siding neither on this one. honestly I'm a huge JYJ/DBSK fan and have been following them since their early DBSK days and my initial reaction reading that was, not gonna lie I was disappointed. however I don't really blame them. the frustration must have been building up for years for them to resort to this. cursing, swearing, verbal abuse I can understand. they are human after all. and Jaejoong and Yoochun, Yoochun's especially, bouts of depression are not new to fans. but I still think physical violence is totally uncalled for. still, not taking sides. not gonna judge. we don't know the actual situation and what exactly took place for them to resort to such behavior. so.

[MUST READ] [Translation] [Twitagora via @woolla1] Saseng fan is a controversial topic due to JYJ’s audio clips. So, I searched what saseng fans of TVXQ have done.

Click to see the original article and picture:

http://www.twitagora.com/issue/view.jsp?tano=16310

Credit: @woolla1

Top Star News Reporter Park Jihyuk

Translated by @dlwpdldhkdlwp

Note:

-Because this is a rough translation, there might be many grammatical and spelling mistakes.

-No infringement of copyright intended.

-Please DO NOT post and/or modify my translation on any TVXQ5, TVXQ2, COUPLE SHIPPER, ACGAE, and/or ONLY-ONE-MEMBER SUPPORTING sites.

-Have a nice day! :)

Saseng fan is a controversial topic due to JYJ’s audio clips. So, I searched what saseng fans of TVXQ have done.

1. Collected the blood of menstruation and gave to Junsu

2. Secretly broke into the dormitory of TVXQ and kissed on Jaejoong’s lips

3. Followed Junsu and caused car accidents.

4. Registered at PC room (Internet café) using the Social Security Number of Yoochun

5. Caused the incident of camera by Mickyoochun

6. Copied the key of the dormitory of TVXQ

7. Followed Changmin and caused fracture of his little finger

8. The girl who hit Changmin with the bag with a rock inside

9. Collected the blood of menstruation and gave as gifts to members

10. Found out all the Social Security Number of families of members and used at PC room.

11. Found out telephone numbers of families and called them

12. Stopped the phones of TVXQ, checked the call history, and checked each of them if they were women or not

13. Searched for TVXQ’ seal stamps at their dormitory hoping to register marriage with them

14. Sneaked into their dormitory and kissed on member’s face

15. Put underwear in the bag of member

16. Stole items of members

17. Sign up on sites using members’ Social Security Numbers

18. Hacked the hard drive of dormitory computer and checked which music they have listened and which sites they have visited

19. Touched members’ bodies

20. Followed them to airport by searching the ticket for airplane using members’ social security numbers

21. Followed the van going to dormitory by taxi

22. Waited in front of the dormitory

23. Followed the short holiday (only around 10days per year) and found out with whom they went on vacation

24. Searched for the new telephone number when they change their phones and texted

25. Although they didn’t have much time to sleep, was being noisy (text messaging, calling, talk outside of dormitory)

26. The most basic: used money to get saseng taxi and followed them right after the performance (at least 20 saseng taxi per time)

27. Put taps on phones of TVXQ members and Park Yoohwan

28. Separated them with girlfriends

29. Jaejoong mentioned on TV show: he called Yoochun to tell him to come to Han River and received a text message right after saying “Why are you calling Yoochun oppa?”

30. Gave sanitary pad and underwear as gifts

1st pic: MaxChangmin crying due to saseng fans

Comments on this picture:

-Changmin acted crying saying he broke up with his girlfriend because of sasengs. But sasengs just laughed and took pictures. And that Chinese girl is Jaejoong’s fan hit Changmin because he blocked Jaejoong… They are disgusting.

-Sasengs of TVXQ and FTIsland are more vicious.

-There has been another incident at the reststop of Sokcho.

2nd pic: Sasengs and saseng taxi broadcasted on SBS’ current affairs program “That We Want to Know”

3rd pic: Pictures of the door of Yoochun’s house

4th pic: Used Park Yoochun’s Social Security Number because she had overdue payment

From these, we can see how horrible saseng fans are and understand why JYJ members used violent languages… I even think it is mercy that they have not become mad after their sufferings from TVXQ period. The media should not only criticize using the audio of JYJ members but also criticize what saseng fans have done.

What is Saseng? Clear View About Saseng (from SunniKr)

Sasaeng fans:

it seems that not everyone in the k-fandom completely understands what a “sasaeng fan” is. the extremely toned down version of a “sasaeng fan” is

stalker. but sasaeng fans are not infamous for stalking idols. they are infamous for far worse things, and there have been extremely many physical accounts between sasaengs and idols.

it basically begins with a group of people who come together. then they each take turns stalking out at various places, mostly the idols’ dorms, radio recording sites, offices, etc. and when they see the idols leaving an area, they will text the others and say “come to (insert area here) right now, they are leaving.”

and the others, from wherever they are, get to that place as soon as they can to wait for the members. idols and managers even know some groups of sasaeng fans by face and name, and these “fans” will

physically try to go and hold onto the idols, swear and insult at them, touch them inappropriately, HIT and bruise the idols, and follow them

around EVERYWHERE. they will knock on the manager’s vans to get them to

open the window, bruise the members’ faces to leave marks, pull out

their hair to “keep”, etc. therefore the managers must constantly

protect these idols from harm and molestation, and to many korean fans,

it is absolutely no wonder as to

'why idols and managers lose their temper with these “fans”.'

there are many fanaccounts and blogs that belong to sasaeng fans who

write things like, “i touched his butt! i grabbed his crotch! i slapped

his face and now he has a bruise made by me!” these fans also call the

idols and ask, “where are you? tell me where you are!” and try various

methods in tracking down the idols. also, as they wait outside

buildings, fans smoke and rudely throw burnt out cigarettes at the

buildings, scream in the middle of the night outside their dorms to get

the members’ attention, etc.

other sasaeng fans travel through taxi. basically, the fans have to

pay the taxi driver a large sum of money, and in return they follow the

specific idol(s) for twenty four hours. if the fan does not have enough

money to spend, she would offer to have sex with the driver.

these fans have also been known for sending nude pictures to idols,

breaking into their homes (and like one infamous incident: pee on their

towels and hang them up on a rack), sending “gifts” such as writing in

period blood or pads drenched in period blood, etc. they have physically

hurt idols, in such occasions that the managers have to beat back at

the fans to protect the members. they even sell the idols’ phone numbers

and social security numbers online.

it is all extremely and negatively hardcore, and this is

only a fourth of the many things sasaeng fans do to idols. to

underestimate these fans and simply label them off as “any other fan” is

insulting. many korean fans refuse to call them fans.

they have been known to harm idols, more than anything, and are exactly

what managers protect idols from. sasaeng fans are ultimately dangerous.

Sunnikr

that's just horrible. i can't even. they're just too much! no one in this world deserves to be treated like this! even though they are celebrities, they also have private lives!

Guest Curly

"teenage fans", "middle school to high school"

What I wonder is, how can they stalk the artist so much when they are so young? Don't they have school? What do their parents say about this?

Also I wouldn't consider sasaeng's as the buying-the-merchandises-and-support-their-artist kind of "fans". It's not an obsession or admiration, it's insanity ><

Maybe the boys crossed the line in many people's opinion but maybe it was necessary for them to do so. It's not like they did it out of nowhere either...

Aish... I don't know

Guest HeLLAsian

For me i heard that these fans are really crazy as a point of hurting their "favorite singers" !

They should stop doing that ! Some of them are saying that they want to see something that other fan can't ! Of course they see that, they see JYJ's faces when they are angry and in a bad mood !

I could believe that JYJ had maybe beat some one day but wasnt enough for these girls to start again ?!

Is there any law against that ?

I hope they will do something about it !

No matter what i will stay a fan of HoMin/JYJ !

Guest ALiCEETEUKCiN

They must be really stressed.. if i were themi would be so stressed too. Sometimes when ur stresed u dont have time to control the words ur speaking… but i think this case those stalkers deserve it…

Guest lovelyKimchiB

collecting the blood of menstruation? these sasaeng called fans must be really nuts O.o

i think i'm taking JYJ's side :)

be strong JYJ! <3

Guest nerumu

Dispatch has quite a background on creating false reports, therefore considered more as a paparazzi instead of media reporters.

There are tons of factors we should consider:

1. Where did this audio file come from?

2. Who recorded it?

3. Where did it take place?

4. Is there any witnesses that can prove true to the accusations and evidence?

5. How reliable is the evidence? Edited or not? Is it staged?

So on and so forth.

In the audio file, Junsu was heard saying, "Hey! You guys are even filming this? Huh? Fine, do whatever you want then.. Live the way you want to.."

If all of these are true, why would Junsu let someone get away with an evidence that would prove true for the accusations? Junsu is not that careless.

Those 'so-called' fans are just so scary it's a wonder that TVXQ and other idols haven't gone crazy yet! These idols are also human beings and they have a breaking point too just like everybody else. Yes they are public figures but they deserve a little personal space too.

Guest iSimplicityy

I think the sasaeng fans are disgusting...

Why are they even called fans anyway?

I honestly think that these girls have mental issues ><.

Though I wouldn't say violence is the answer. I'd definitely say that they deserved every single bit of it.

I think Jaejoong & Yoochun let them off easy. It'd be nice to see them arrested because this is an invasion of privacy and stalking is illegal.

It would be great if their managers could do something about this. But sadly they can only do so much.

In the end, I'm always going to be on JYJ's side.

I'm afraid that they'll be affected negatively by this... I don't want the media and the public's perception of them to be negative. JYJ has been having such a tough time in the music industry, I don't know what something like this will do to their image. Hopefully nothing bad but I'm still scared.

I feel like after this, the sasaeng fans will only get worse... I just hope they'd leave them alone and let them have some privacy...

JYJ Hwaiting! It would be great if they could stay away from Korea and the sasaeng fans for like a month. Just so they could have their life back.. Himnaesaeyo oppadeul ):

Archived