Going to church just to talk/hit on girls..?

Crunchyrunchy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest strawberrynkiwi

Have your heart opened to God as much as it is opened to the girls and you are good to go.

Guest blnyc

Ha. I say go ahead and do it.

There are 2 types of girls at church. There are those who are genuinely Christian and are a bit conservative compared to your normal girl. The other girl is one that is Christian by family and name, but lives a pretty non-Christian lifestyle.

LOL I know a guy who used to do this all the time. He had surgery for an air bubble in his lung back in high school, and he would use that [among other tactics] to get sympathy/pity from girls that he went to church with. The funniest thing was that he was dating a Christian girl at the time, and she was the one who "converted" him. The irony of it all. Needless to say, his behavior was apparent and even though he got away with it for several years, it pretty much killed his social life. His g/f ended up cheating on him followed by breaking up with him. His original church subtly kicked him out. Finally, his original group of friends lost respect for him and separated.

Yea, no amount of choir girls are worth this lol

Guest converted

Go up to them, maybe even whilst they're kneeling on the pews, and say:

"You prayed?"

Make sure you have a confident smile and the window is to your back, so it looks like heavenly rays are shining down upon you.

Then tell me if it works.

Guest HERMIT

For me, I personally don't think it's a good idea.

I tried it one time, where I spotted this girl I liked and purposely sat next to her while working up the nerve to talk to her.

So I sat there in the back with her when during the priest's homily, I totally dozed off and unfortunately rested my head on her shoulder.  When I woke up half an hour later, she was gone and the mass was done.

A week later, vicious church rumors spread that I was caught "sleeping with a married woman" in the back of the church.

It was quite scandalous and in the end, so not worth the trouble.

Guest Flicksityy

If it gets to the point where the church is the only place where you could meet and hit on girls, then that is just sad.

Defeats the purpose of going to church.

lol well I don't know about you, but some Asian churches around here subtly use attractive girls as a selling point.

Happened to me twice, a Chinese woman and her 16 - 18 y.o niece were walking around our neighborhood inviting people to their church. The woman did all the talking, and the niece just stood there like she was just eye candy. I don't know, maybe I'm delving too much into it, but when I called a friend about it later, he said she came by to his place too and he felt the same implications :sweatingbullets:

If it gets to the point where the church is the only place where you could meet and hit on girls, then that is just sad.

Nope I go to school too so I do it there also.

^ soooo agreed. Honestly, there are sooooo many more ways to meet girls and friends in general. And besides, some people might take offence to that and it'll just backfire.

find offense to hitting on them? seriously?

Can't I just be subtle about it?

^ But it still happens. Heaps of guys/girls go to church to find someone to date. Happens a lot at mine..... and before you know it BAMMM. They're getting married and popping out babies.

Most recent was an 18 year old, marrying a 27 year old guy. Really gross imho.

lol well I don't know about you, but some Asian churches around here subtly use attractive girls as a selling point.

Happened to me twice, a Chinese woman and her 16 - 18 y.o niece were walking around our neighborhood inviting people to their church. The woman did all the talking, and the niece just stood there like she was just eye candy. I don't know, maybe I'm delving too much into it, but when I called a friend about it later, he said she came by to his place too and he felt the same implications  :sweatingbullets:

I know what you mean. A lot of Asians seem to think that going to church is purely a social event.

Of course some churches do that. It doesn't matter where you go. Humans are humans.

That doesn't mean it isn't deviating from the ideal standard.

The rhetoric question of whether something is acceptable because everyone else is doing it comes into mind.

The obvious answer is no.

Guest bellarose

I once met a guy like that...except it wasn't church...it was a campus ministry weekly worship meeting. And then he went on our Spring break trip and hit on all the girls. His excuse was that he was trying to be a better person and wanted someone (a reason) to walk the right path. Well, he was notorious for being a player and v-card collector. The whole bad boy turning good was just one of his tactics.

Guest Gofishus

The Primary purpose of church is to pray, be closer to God, and offer your worship to the Lord Jesus Christ. Going to hit on girls should not be your main reason for going to church. Any girl who is a passionate Christian and realizes this will not be going out with you, sorry to say. 

Guest HERMIT

The Primary purpose of church is to pray, be closer to God, and offer your worship to the Lord Jesus Christ. Going to hit on girls should not be your main reason for going to church. Any girl who is a passionate Christian and realizes this will not be going out with you, sorry to say. 

True. 

I suppose church is also the place to listen to God's word and to receive his love. 

So to try and interject your own love by hitting on a girl is to essentially c0ckblock God. 

And in his own house, no less.

But I'd imagine outside in the parking lot would be fair game at least.

Or wherever they hawk those stale donuts and bad coffee for after the services.

(On a side note, did anyone ever notice how far we've come and how it's gotten to this? 

Back then they'd have wine, bread, and fresh fish.

Now, it's a 3 day old glazed and a styrofoam cup full of hot water and dirt.  What gives, man.)

Archived