7 Deadly Beauty Sins

toriii_miiin

This looked fun LOL.
1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?

2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get?

3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?

4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?

5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?

6. LUST: What product did you lust after before you bought it?

7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?

1. Most inexpensive: One of those Forever21 lipglosses for like $2.50.

Most expensive: M.A.C. 187 brush for $42 (worth it).

2. I have a love/hate relationship with red lipstick in general. It looks amazing when you do it right, but you have to put so much effort into making sure it's perfect and then keeping it that way haha. I've had the most trouble getting BB creams/Asian skincare products, since I've had to order them online.

3. My EOS lipbalms :D

4. Hmmm probably eyeshadow; I usually only use it if I have extra time in the morning.

5. Eyeliner! I can do without BB cream, eyeshadow, mascara, etc. but eyeliner completely influences how I look.

6. In all honesty, almost all of my beauty products. I usually don't buy things on a whim; I see something and can't get it out of my head until I get it LOL.

7. Anything from the Laneige White Plus Renew skincare line.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Most inexpensive? Probably my wet n' wild eyeshadow palette. Most expensive? My Chanel lip glosses (which I don't use ;A;)

2. My eyelash curler, sometimes it decides to work beautifully and curl right and other times it doesnt budge.

3. Rosebud Salve

4. I have to agree with eyeshadows, it requires me taking out brushes then the brushes fall then I drop the eyeshadow blehh

5. Probably my Illamasqua eyebrow powder, I have barely noticeable eyebrows so I need to fill them in!

6. (Im hoping I could say perfume) it would be Viktor Rolf's Flowerbomb *_*

7. Naked 2 Palette, any skincare set or perfume C:

Guest sickest_femme

1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?

Cheapest being Wet n Wild eye trios for $2.99 and most expensive being $24 lipstick from Nars and a $60 powder from smashbox.

2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get?

Lipstick is a hit or miss due to my skin tone but so many pretty colours I wish I could pull off. Asian skin care and beauty products only because its not widely available locally.

Étude house hand creams smell soooo good!

Probably all the My Beauty Diary mask I haven't used yet.

Eyeliner.

Expensive smashbox powder, Majolica Majorca products I got while I was in PI.

Gift cards to Sephora, I really don't like anyone buying makeup unless it's perfume.

hey, fun topic!!! :D

most inexpensive: probably my lipliner. it's from innisfree, costs about 2,500 won (around $2) but it comes with a little brush so i can add lip balm over it. i love it and i keep purchasing it again.

most expensive: this is terrible, but i recently purchased the chanel powder compact foundation and although i carry it around everyday, i have NEVER used it. i think it cost about 70,000 won. my mom told me if i wasn't going to use it, she would. lol. i might have to give it to her. the most expensive product that i actually use is probably my bobbi brown foundation. not super expensive.

hardest to get: i'm really into exploring new perfumes, but in korea, it's really difficult/impossible to find niche lines like l'artisan parfumeur, etat libre d'orange, etc. that makes me so, so sad.

my favorite perfume is angel la rose (it's a flanker to the original angel). to me, it smells fruity and rosy and like berries... i love it! i would drink it if i could!

i rarely wear eyeliner. i had a week where i just couldn't be bothered, but i actually got a lot of compliments that i looked better without. so i took a hint and pretty much stopped wearing it permanently :P

eyebrow powder. i really need it.

deborah lippmann's happy birthday nail polish (it was a birthday present and i have actually never worn it because i'm so afraid of using it up), and china glaze's party hearty, which is a red/green glitter polish for christmas!

perfumes, i think, because they're expensive enough that i won't buy one unless i'm really sure i can commit. anything else, if i want it, i'll just buy it.

Guest rachilde

I think most of my make-up products cost around 30 dollars. I'm just not attracted to super expensive beauty products. My most inexpensive beauty item would have to be my cleanser, which is just Olivia Care bar soap. I've been using the brand for about 4 years now and I'm never going to use another cleanser.

Well, my signature perfume has been discontinued so that's a total bummer (Imperial Fig by Royal Apothic). So now I'm in the process of finding another...

I like perfumes that smell like food (fruit, tea, honey, milk, and other sweet edibles like chocolate), so I guess that counts. My most delicious perfume was probably BPAL Pumpkin V 2009, which contained pumpkin, chocolate, coffee bean, vanilla bean, and hazelnut. Everyone wanted to eat me. But I eventually gave it up because it's too holiday-specific...

I never do anything with my hair.

Benefit Brow-zing. I never understand women who neglect their eyebrows. A good eyebrow pulls your entire face together.

I don't really know... I buy whatever item I need right off the bat and resist lusting over things that don't fit my lifestyle.

Benefit Brow-zing. I'm almost out!

Benefit Chachatint. I'm almost out of Posietint...

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I'm almost out of serum too...

Basically, I stick to the same things over and over and love foody perfume :D

Guest lacey.

I have multiple inexpensive items. I like ELF cosmetics so usually whatever I buy from them it's pretty cheap (lipsticks, blushes, gel liner). Expensive would be my perfumes? Those can go up to like $70+. 

Can I pick two? Lipsticks and curling irons. Both were definitively not made for me. Lipsticks I have to constantly apply & my hair will not stay curled over an hour.

My EOS mint lip balm. So yummy!

Cleansers & face care products. I wish I had the spirit to have a "face routine" but I don't. If I decide to wear makeup that day I'll wash if off and that's it, nothing more. 

My BB cream. Just enough coverage to even out my skin tone, hide any imperfections, & give me a dewy glow that I love. 

Naked palette. It was always sold out whenever I wanted to buy it and I kept seeing all these reviews about it on YouTube and would be so jealous because I didn't have one yet!

Anything from Etude House would win me over but I'm really not picky when it comes to makeup & beauty products I love to try anything (if it doesn't have a bad rep).  

Inexpensive: I think my Milani eyeliner

Expensive: Chanel/Dior lipstick

but if we count perfume: my Chanel Mademoiselle eau de parfum

Bobbi Brown concealer

Eh... nothing.

Foundation? lol rather laziness, I find no need for it

Mascara! I love Fairydrops and Shu Uemura

Miss Dior Chérie L'eau or more mascara...

Mascara or perfume heh...

1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive

I think the most inexpensive item i've bought was a silver Rimmel eyeshadow I bought recently on sale for £1, and hmmmmmm most expensive.. I don't really buy expensive items, I think my most expensive is my Missha M BB cream.

I have a love hate relationship with concealers, I just can never find one just right for my skin :/  Hardest to get so far has been Revlon Customeyes palette, for some reason no shops near me had it.

Ive got a yummy smelling apple perfume, and chocolate body wash.

Hair things, my hair just will not style, or it takes forever, so I just don't bother usually

Hmmm, eyebrow powder/pencil, my eyebrows are super fair >.< and liquid eyeliner, I just couldn't choose between the two.

At the moment i'm totally lusting after revlon lip butters, they haven't been released here in the UK yet.

Urban Decay Naked palette, i'm too poor to afford it atm XD

Guest *.yl=-

1. Most inexpensive would be my Make Up Academy products. Most expensive would be my Urban Decay Naked Palette, however I did buy the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner with the brush. Totally expensive. Need to learn to say no to those sales assistants in Hong Kong.

2. Love/hate relationship, hmmm. Hardest to get are Asian products. Purchasing them online are more expensive as to what they are really worth and you can't test the colours.

3. My perfume, Nina Ricci - Ricci Ricci smells delish!

4. I guess foundation? Laziness and want to improve the condition of my skin. Only wear foundation for special occassions which isn't often.

5. Probably false eyelashes since I wear them everyday.

6. Loads. I'm currently lusting over the Revlon Lipbutters. Will definitely be purchasing them when they're out in the UK.

7. Don't think I have an item in mind at the moment. I like surprises.

Guest shortchic1616

Inexpensive: Face wash (aka, irish spring bar soap lol. anything else breaks me out >.<)   Expensive: BB creams... especially Skin79 Absolute Total....

HAIR PRODUCTS. My hair is a stubborn freak of nature. Japanese straightening didn't even completely tame it. Finally found a shampoo/conditioner that                 helped, hardest to obtain though. Shiseido Tsubaki Shining red bottle stuff. mainly because its japanese import -.-

Perfume. Victor&Rolf Flowerbomb, and BlackXS from France :3

eyeshadow. aldsgih;akldj.

Eyeliner. Can't go without <3

HAHAHA allofthem.

uh. almost anything from prettyandcute.com to be honest

Guest sakumar

1. The most inexpensive item I own is probably my elf liquid eye liner.  Its great for high school spirit days ;D As for my most expensive its probably my Missha perfect cover BB cream.   <br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">2. Any hair product... typically I get good results but they start failing on me within a week.  My Baviphat fruit gels.  I finally managed to convince my mother that gmarket was safe... now I wait for it to show up in the mail <br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">3. Definitely my lip gloss from bath and body works.  I forgot what its called but its the minty one.  It is SO refreshing on the lips.<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">4. Concealer in general.  It takes too much patience for me to work with the one I have.  The color doesn't satisfy me much either. <br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">5. My BB cream. I typically go for a very natural look and in the winter my face looks really... sickly to say the least.  Being an Indian I need the sun to make my skin vibrant.  In the winter my skin always seems really yellow compared to the rest of the year.  The BB cream helps so much because it adds color back to my face.  <br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">6.  Once again BB cream.  I came home every day and read/watched review after review about different brands. <br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">7. Probably Fairydrops mascara.  I really would like to try out the original formula sold in Japan.

Guest MeiHearts

ooo this is fun haha

most inexpensive.. probably most of my WnW and Elf stuff :)

expensive: The most I actually spent on a beauty product was probably the Shu Uemera Eyelash curler (19$)..in terms of full retail value probably the Stila Eyeshadow palette (retail 25..got for 15 ish XD)

Yeah I'm a super bargainer when it comes to makeup :ph34r:

Hm... probably lip products. They look nice when nicely applied...but never last!!><

My body butter for sure

Probably half of my stuff.. haha a lot of eyeshadows because I only use one pallette for everyday

I MUST fill in my eyebrows no matter what!

Hmm....probably the Olay prox cleansing thingy..finally succumbed and love it :)

Sephora GC fo sho *drool*

Guest -littlemochi

inexpensive: e.l.f concealer. expensive: laneige strawberry yogurt peeling gel

love/hate: clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion. hardest to get: my beauty diary facial mask

hmm my beauty diary mask

biore marshmallow facial foam wash and clinique mascara (forgot the name)

maybelline gel liner and the one by one mascara

my beauty diary mask

anything that is from skinfood, etude house, laneign, the face shop and missha

Guest darkmist

Since OP asked about "beauty products," I'm going to include both skincare and makeup since both fall under the beauty umbrella.

GREED

What is your most inexpensive beauty item?

Skincare: Baking Soda. It's dirt cheap at a little over $1 for a giant box. I use it for exfoliating (1 pump cleanser mixed with 1/2 tsp baking soda) and whitening my teeth. It's a great cheap micro-exfoliant but be careful not to scrub too hard as you can easily over exfoliate. It even gets rid of stubborn post-/active acne dry skin flakes!

Makeup: Mascara I guess? I pretty much only buy drugstore ones (I like Maybelline).

What is your most expensive?

Skincare: Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base at around $65 CDN including tax. Expensive but 1 jar lasts me over a year.

Makeup: My foundations. Currently using the Diorskin Nude which costed around $50 I think.

WRATH

What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?

Concealers. I'm very fair and cool toned and I have a terrible time finding a decent colour match and doesn't cling to and emphasize dry patches like mad.

What product has been the hardest to get?

Asian stuff - makeup or skincare. I hate having to buy online and not being able to test the colours and consistency first, especially since you usually can't return beauty products online. Not to mention the price hikes =/

GLUTTONY

What are your most delicious beauty products?

???? None? I don't eat any of my beauty products....but anything Chanel smells really nice?

SLOTH

What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?

I barely do my nails since it takes too long to apply and they chip fast since I do a lot of stuff around the house.

PRIDE

What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?

I have two - foundation/bb cream and eye liner. My bare skin isn't horrible but I like it to be more even and the blemishes to blend in a bit better. Eyeliner just makes my weird triple lidded eyes look nicer and more awake lol.

LUST

What product did you lust after before you bought it?

Most of my makeup - I'm not much of a makeup impulse buyer since most of the stuff I like and buy are high end and quite pricey.

ENVY

What items would you most like to receive as a gift?

I recently sampled the Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Treatment (for eyes) and it's great but way to expensive at $50 for 15 ml DD: If someone could also gift me the Chanel Topkapi quad too, I'd love them very very much XD

Thanks OP for the fun questions!

Guest sunny_dance

Most Inexpensive: e.l.f. Essential Concealer Brush - Very multi-purpose brush for cheap.

Most Expensive: Urban Decay Naked Palette - Good to have for when I need to wear any eyeshadow.

Love/Hate: Concealers - Difficult to find shades that can effectively cover what needs to be covered. Nude Lipsticks - Love the look of it, but it's difficult to find shades that won't wash me out. Eye Creams - I have yet to find an eye cream that promises to do what it says.

Hardest to Get: Chanel Skin Care and Makeup - Out of my price range of what I can normally afford. I can only sample so much! Lol.

MAC Lipsticks - The vanilla scent smells yummy!

Eyeshadow - Takes time to apply and seamlessly blend together, but a must for special occasions. Eyeliner - Love winged eyeliner, but again takes time since I like it to be perfect. Brow Powder - I have natural full brows, which makes me think I can do without it.

Hmm.. I'll have to cheat and say several beauty products. Moisturizer - My skin is dry, so hydration gives the illusion of healthy, dewy skin. Foundation - My skin isn't horrible, but I like an even canvas. Mascara, Eyelash Curler, Blush - I like to appear alive and awake, and these help to create that illusion. Lipstick - I feel naked without it.

Urban Decay Naked Palette - Didn't own any eyeshadows before this, but I gave in to all the hype. It was a good investment, considering it's all I need for a while. MAC brushes - Currently have four at the moment, and I plan to expand on what I need. I know there are more affordable brushes out there, but I always dreamed of owning MAC brushes.

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation, MAC Mineralized Charged Water Moisture Gel, MAC Mineralized Charged Water Eye Cream, Mally Beauty Perfect Prep Poreless Primer - Currently on my wish list of things too expensive to afford at the moment.

Guest witchery

Soo fun, I love these things!

most inexpensive: my mascara from a Mexican brand, it's only about $6 online!

most expensive: my Bobbi Brown foundation that was about $90. However it's lasted me two years already. My hair care products are worse because they get used up way more frequently. The conditioner costs about $60 and the shampoo $50.

I have a love/hate relationship with foundation. I really rely on them to cover up blemishes but at the same time I have gone through so many duds. Not only are they usually too cakey or too oily, but it's also a mission finding the right shade. Foundation is also the hardest product to get for me.

some of my Missha lipsticks smell so scrumptious!

I have so many skincare products such as toners, moisturisers, creams and especially masks that I've totally neglected >_<

Eyeliner.

probably my Anna Sui pressed powder compact. It was really more about the pretty packaging haha >_><

more of my shampoo and conditioner. I'm always going to use them and the ones I get are pretty expensive. Haircare is really important to me haha.

Guest fragment

most inexpensive: prolly an e.l.f. lippy or something

most expensive: a nars blush? i think.

eyeshadow of any type. i love the idea of it & how other people apply & use it, it just doesn't work on my eyes T_T

my perfume of choice (ralph) makes me wanna eat myself at most times. that, & the bodyshop's body butter in strawberry.

any lip product. it's always the last thing i think of to apply & always either 1) forget or; 2) choose not to use cos i'll end up eating it anyways.

bbcream. can't go out without it!

MAC's fluidline! though technically i didn't buy it i got it as a birthday present :D

there's nothing i really want at the moment but i guess getting the naked 2 palette would be pretty neat.

Guest chocolateai

1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get?<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">6. LUST: What product did you lust after before you bought it?<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?

1. most inexpensive is some makeup products i got for free from people.. lol. most expensive ones are lip gloss and compact powder cause i bought them XD

2. love hate relationship... my lip gloss. i bought the strawberry one and it smells and tastes like chemical i don't even dare to lick if off. but i like putting it on, at least it's the only lip gloss i have XD hardest to get... for me, it's the contact lens i'm using now

3. my eyeliner. don't ask how. XD

4. mascara. XDDDD and eyeshadows.

5. bb cream and compact powder... my skin is not good so i need something to cover it.. T.T and contact lens. i can't walk around looking confident with my thick-rimmed glasses on. 

6. LOL... for this, i have none yet... because i tend to not be able to afford this product i lust for. i lust for them and ended up forgetting/lost interest because i got no money. XD

7. a full set of skincare products. my skin really sucks since i hit my puberty, and i can't really afford these skincare products. my parents are too stingy. T.T

- Most in expensive item is my Milani eye liner and most expensive is my Lancôme Teint Miracle foundation.

- MAC Pro-Long Wear liquid foundation. BB Cream =(

- My perfume & body spray? LOL

- Face primer >_<

- Clinique Even Better foundation

- Clinique Even Better foundation

- BB Cream LOL

Guest lamlam

Inexpensive: Mac False Lashes at $8!

Expensive: La Mer's "The Concentrate" for $300. If you don't count skincare, then Cle De Peau Refining Fluid Foundation at $120.

BB cream! So many raves, but never works for me! I used to be a constant tanner when they were released, so maybe I need to try again now that I am pale as a ghost!

Wish I could tell you...I don't eat them. Smell-wise, Guerlain Meteorites! They don't really help with oil control or anything, but they smell like Violets!!!

Eye cream. I have some from La Mer, but I just never really feel I need it...so I skip it. Probably will hurt me in the future! Oh, and I never moisturize my neck...

At the moment, my Chanel Bronze Universelle! I use it to contour my cheeks and nose - I feel so fat and flat without it.

Guerlain's 24k Gold Primer, or whatever. Complete waste of money after I bought it! But it just seems so...luxurious!

Some of those cool high tech skincare items like the at-home hair removal laser...

Archived