how do i get smooth skin (face?)

Guest -=oopeteroo=-

Guest -=oopeteroo=-

iam a guy.

dont use anything except daily face wash on mornings

got very bad skin on the face =(

what should i do to get clean smooth milky sexy skin ?

will washing face with milk help ?:P

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest raiizs

Use clean pillows and blankets. Also, always wash your face around twice a day to get rid of excess oil. Keep your hair out of your face as well. Don't use too many products but it might be a good idea to try out something new. Depends on your face type, like do you have oily or dry skin? Blackheads or pimples? Redness?

You should definitely exfoliate, but I would opt for a chemical or enzyme exfoliator over a scrub. Also, I definitely would not recommend using it three times a week! Once a week or less. Don't forget to moisturize and use sunscreen.

Guest raburabu

Try an intensive mask once in a while.

I bought Lush's Mask of Magnaminty a couple days ago, and when I came out of the shower my roommate stared at me for 10s and then stroked my face wtflol. Intensive masks will purge every black/white head from your face (in time) and brighten discolorations and stuff.

Guest ZoidbergMD

Skincare for men this is seriously one of the best skin care sites I have ever stumbled upon, it offers great advice and unbiased reviews for everything from a to z. Whoever runs this site is awesome, they not only recommend great products but also educate you properly on what is good and bad for your skin.

Take some time to read a few articles on here, I've linked skin care 101 for you. I have learned a ton from this site and I would consider myself somewhat of a skincare junkie lol

Guest xue li

Skincare for men this is seriously one of the best skin care sites I have ever stumbled upon, it offers great advice and unbiased reviews for everything from a to z. Whoever runs this site is awesome, they not only recommend great products but also educate you properly on what is good and bad for your skin.

Take some time to read a few articles on here, I've linked skin care 101 for you. I have learned a ton from this site and I would consider myself somewhat of a skincare junkie lol

I second this website & I'm a girl, btw.

Milk might help as it contains alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that smooth the skin's surface from underneath. You can also try moisturizers with AHA (recommend the Alpha Hydrox line or you can get an even cheaper knock-off at Walgreens). I don't know your skin type but it stings at first & purges. You must absolutely wear sunscreen too, because it makes your skin more sensitive to the sunlight (but I guess it will go towards your milky skin goal).

The results are so worth it though. My skin tone is smoother, even, & smile lines are erased. Brown sugar also has AHA & makes a great exfoliator. If you can't tell by now, I'm addicted to alpha hydroxy. :lol:

i took bubzbeauty's advice and tried washing my face with oatmeal and a little bit a honey about 2-3 times a week and it has really calmed down my acne :]! it is also important to keep your skin clean and moisturized! your skin care items should be gentle but effective so your skin doesn't get discolored or super red. hope this helps!

AHAs (glycolic and lactic acids, for example) are definitely good chemical exfoliants but I would be careful. You don't want to go overboard because they can sensitize your skin. Personally I'd prefer doing a lactic acid treatment every 1-2 weeks during a facial instead of constantly using products w/ AHAs. You might want to start with an enzyme mask first since they essentially do the same thing but tend to be gentler, especially for your first time.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Eyeonmodel

Exercising regularly gives you a beautiful healthy glow, and can actually improve the condition of your skin. Drink lots of water, 8 cups a day, to help your skin to be healthy, and try to eat healthy, too. don't eat loads of fatty, greasy foods like fries .if you are going to wipe the sweat off of your face use a clean towel but never your hands because during working out your pores are opening up to sweat and putting your dirty hands on them is not a good idea after a good work out always wash your face or have a towel.

Guest xiaoru1747228

so naturally, a guys face will be more "thick" than a females. for example, a baby smooth silky skin vs the skin on the soles of your feet (sorry bad comparison) so don't expect anything to really get you back to the silky skin stage because hormonally you can't. but first what you should do is start taking care of your skin. if you look around anywhere like sephora or maybe a drugstore or even websites they will introduce you to the three step skincare routine: cleanse-tone-moisturize. so yes, thats good but not enough. i'd reccomend clean-tone-serum-light moisture and adding supplements to this depending on if its day or night.

here are some of the stuff you should be doing along with the steps mentioned above

1) exfoliate once a week. i use st ives

2) mask once a week (you should do more but i'm too lazy i personally only do it once a week and i think its fine sometimes i even skip a week....heh...)

3) sleeping mask once a week. i use laneige sleeping pack.  (same as above)

4) if you are going out and its real windy or cold or anything use a cream moisturizer if your skin is the dry/normal/combo type. if youre oily then use at ur own preference

if you want some reccomendations for the cleanse,tone,serum,light moisturizer you can look around and see whats your skin type and start from there.

• 2 years later...
Guest justin12

1. Drink plenty of water - hydration goes a long way with smooth skin!
2. Exfoliate a couple times a week - I use Yu-Be's Foaming Skin Polish because it's stronger than others I've tried without being too harsh.
3. Moisturize in the AM and PM! I use another product from Yu-Be, Moisturizing Skin Cream, and my skin has gotten way softer and smoother and more even.
4. Wear SPF all the time, even if it doesn't seem sunny out.

Guest rogerpamela

Sakare Rejuvenating Shower Scrub has done wonders for me. My skin now feels luxurious, smell delicious, and smooth and moisturized. It's gentle like any shower soap and makes my skin just as I want it. Also, now after using it for around a fortnight, my skin feels different. It feels fresher and more nourished.

• 1 year later...

1. Use green peeling oil / glycolic peel to get rid of acne marks.

2. Then, use moisturizer. For dry skin, isntead of the usual moisturizer, apply a mixture of Vitamin E + olive oil + essential oil (ex. lavender) at night. Smooth as a baby the next day.

3. Sugar + honey + lemon scrub 2x a week.

4. Apply 5% benzoyl peroxide gel to dry out newly formed acne.

5. Use a daily facial wash with salicylic acid. 

6. Use daily moisturizer with SPF

• 1 month later...

I just received my new facial scrub last Saturday see scrub and used is on Sunday. I applied it to my face and used my Monsia Sonic 3 facial cleanser (which has a timer so if I clean an area for too long it tells me to move!), normal speed. I was very happy with the result and to be honest if you have a good scrub and a good cleansing brush you should be able to achieve a smooth skin. I only use my scrub & cleansing brush once a week. Don't over scrub and always wash your brush after use. 

Archived