So I tore a massive chunk of my eyelashes off...

Guest Flicksityy

Guest Flicksityy

I have no excuses, I had used a perming kit on my non-existent eyelashes. I had trouble removing the self adhesive curling rod, and as a result, I had torn a significant amount of eyelashes off of both my eyes. Now one part of it is truly non-existent :(

IMG_2177-1.jpgIMG_2170.jpg

Doesn't look as bad in photos (there is slight balding to the side above of my pupil), however I've realized that it looks very funny when I put makeup on. The eyelashes do a center-split-fringe-like-part as I put mascara on (as the mascara tends to allow respective sides to gather together and form a part), and there is an obvious white spot on my lash line. Any idea on what I could do in the meantime for it to look less obvious? And well, for the lashes to grow back a tad faster? Thanks. blush.gif

Some natural looking false eyelashes is all I can think of until they grow back, which is between 4 and 6 weeks so not too long. :) Oh and for helping them grow back take mulitvitamins geared towards hair growth, or fish oil supplements. Also i've heard that there are products to help lash growth and conditioners that help too but I don't know much about them.

Guest junjun-x

That's unfortunate. :C

I suggest getting false eyelashes (the most natural ones are the criss-cross ones), if mascara looks awkward right now.

Guest .basic.

How about not put mascara on for a bit until it grows out?

I unfortunately tore all my lashes out from one eye and it grew out fast. I didn't use false eyelashes.

Instead I put black eyeliner on the lash line.

If you want to use lashes than put it on both eyes, not just one because that would look even weirder.

Don't eye makeup for a while. The process of applying and washing off eye makeup will always put stress on that area. I accidentally pull off eyelashes while curling and removing mascara even if I believe I'm being very gentle. You eyelashes will grow back. They're probably growing back right now.

In the meantime, emphasize your lips or cheeks to keep attention at those areas instead?

Guest Flicksityy

You should have just went looking for a beauty salon with a qualified professional to do this... :sweatingbullets:

I couldn't find a professional close by my region that perms eyelashes (typical Australia). So I thought I might as well take it upon myself - bad idea. :tears:

You can either use full false lashes or try individual lashes to fill the spots :) I think putting extra virgin olive oil would help them grow faster, though I'm not 100% sure on this. Take fish oil tablets as well since its very good for hair, skin and nails.

Guest terima92

Hey girl,

I had this happen to me a couple of months ago in the Fall due to an eyelash curling accident. I lost my grip on the eyelash curler and it snagged a bunch of my eyelashes off. It looked pretty bad for the first couple of weeks, and honestly it didn't grow as fast as I would have wanted it to. But MONTHS later, they grew right back like it never happened. I would say just wait and let your body do its thing. As much as fake eyelashes would help your look temporarily, I don't think that it will make your eyelashes grow as fast as it could. I would recommend just leaving the eyelashes alone for a couple of weeks or so and eating healthy foods to stimulate growth.

It really will take some time.. Unless you buy those eyelash regrowth serums, but those can be quite costly. What I also did was just draw a bit of eyeliner so that it wouldn't be too obvious, but I didn't do this everyday. Trust me, just be patient and it will grow back. And a lot of my friends told me that if I never told them that I pulled out a bunch of my eyelashes, they would have never noticed it. Good luck!

Guest shina1430289965

I have no excuses, I had used a perming kit on my non-existent eyelashes. I had trouble removing the self adhesive curling rod, and as a result, I had torn a significant amount of eyelashes off of both my eyes. Now one part of it is truly non-existent :(

*quoted image* *quoted image*

Doesn't look as bad in photos (there is slight balding to the side above of my pupil), however I've realized that it looks very funny when I put makeup on. The eyelashes do a center-split-fringe-like-part as I put mascara on (as the mascara tends to allow respective sides to gather together and form a part), and there is an obvious white spot on my lash line. Any idea on what I could do in the meantime for it to look less obvious? And well, for the lashes to grow back a tad faster? Thanks.   blush.gif

Hi i am also suffer with same problem its really very difficult to grow natural eyelashes  but now i am using false eyelashes it seems same as that of natural. so you can also try that.

• 3 months later...
Guest alicehansen

try FYSIKO eyelash serum. I lost my lashes due to extensions. had bold spaces and eyelashes were sooo little can't see them. This serum saved me, I have such a huge lshes now I had never had before

Guest bonbons

Use natural lashes and lightly line the top of your lids (tight line) to make your lashes appear more full. and then just wait it out....there's no easy way around that lol. eat more foods that will help with hair growth I guess (like seaweed!)  Lashes grow for about 1-6 months and the cycle starts again. 

I trimmed a little part of my eyelashes accidentally whilst scissoring my front hair. Of course I was in panic mode at first, but a little research made me jump into a conclusion. Apply a minimal amount of vaseline and sleep it on. Repeat daily for atleast a week and your eyelashes will rapidly grow.

I agree with the false lashes too. I used wear them because I was too lazy to put on mascara, but now I am too lazy to even do that. If the false lashes are too long, trim them a little first, and you may have to buy the glue separate. I like tube with the pointed applicator because it's easier to apply to the lashes, and if the glue goes past the lash line and onto the lashes, wait for it to dry because then you can peel it right off and start over, it doesn't take too long. The brand available out here is called Ardell (or it may have been Ardelle, with an 'e' on the end, or it could have been Ardel, with one 'l'. Goodness it;s been a long time since I've bought thouse puppies. Anyway...) which I like, not too expensive either, something like $5 or $6 bucks, I cycled through a pair every 3 to 6 weeks. If you have a retail pharmacy near by, ask the pharmacist for a recommendation for your lashes, pharmicists are chalk full of information, and may have some useful advice for you. Good luck with growing your lashes back! 

This happened to me once. Used a bad eyelashes curler and it cutted my whole eyelashes. :/

I used castor oil daily (Just one drop is enough, apply it with an old mascara brush) before going to bed. My lashes were back in less than 2 weeks, even longer. :D Plus castor oil is 100% natural, that's great. <3 I keep using it everyday, it helps to prevent my lashes from falling.

Guest Lilith1430282444

For me, my eyelashes are not that visible to begin with xD 
I just put on some eyeliner and no one really notices my eyelashes~

Guest Tapi-Noodles

well im not sure if you can, but you can try the Physicians Formula Lash Boosting thing might help it grow faster? And im talking about the clear one not the eyeliner, cause for me i use the booster and o.o eyelashes that i never had in one spot starting to grow :) but definitely let your eyes heal up a bit before you start using it? just in case its still sensitive? And if you wanna use eyeliner, then just use the eyeliner version during the day and the clear booster at night? =)

Archived