Lent 2012

Guest Hellolover

Guest Hellolover

Are you giving something up?
I'm not religious but every lent I always have the intention to give something up for 40 days and 40 nights.

I've never actually succeeded because I either forget or give in to temptation!

But this year rather than giving a single thing up I think I will try more of a resolution like 1 of my new year's resolutions which was to cut down on my sugar intake, eat healthier and lose some weight. I haven't been sticking to that so far, so for lent I'm going to see if I can try and put this resolution into action at least for the next 40 days and 40 nights (baby steps compared to a whole year!). So I'm going to limit myself to 1500 calories a day, I have a desk job and with such a sedentary lifestyle I only need about 1700/1800 calories a day so it's not like a dramatic cutback or anything, but I probably go over the 2000 cal mark on my munchy days. :sweatingbullets:

Anyway! Is anyone else gonne try to give something up for lent? Obviously it doesn't have to be food or weight loss related.

It could be something like quit/cut back on smoking, don't drink alcohol, don't swear, don't go on facebook for more than 1 hour a day, don't do your homework last minute, whatever comes to mind that may (or may not?) have a positive impact on your life!

Guest Hellolover

why would you give up love :o

wow this cutting out calories for lent is proving to be difficult! but persistence is key, I got too much cushion for the pushin right now

Guest SUMM3RxBABii

I'm not religious myself but I feel like for the last year, i've been doing more Christian "activities" than i have ever done since i was a child. Been to church a few times, joined KCCC and commit myself into lent.

Anyhow, I'm giving up Starbucks for lent. I know it's nothing compared to a lot of people but I live by a Starbucks..2, actually. There's one at school and one by the subway station to go home to...gah. I'm surrounded by them.

Archived