DON'T THROW AWAY GUM WRAPPERS. -.-

Guest tinhieu

Guest tinhieu

tutorial~ 5Gum wrapper collage

1-P1050798.jpg

My assortment of gum wrappers... I'm missing pink (and more?) though -.-;;

...and I am still collecting them... trolololo

194070_115193521889966_100001979571278_112094_116554_o-1.jpg

From the many colours, you can make almost anything with these gum wrappers.

16-P1050821.jpg

Materials:

• Glue stick (liquid glue is not recommended, it takes long to dry and messy)
  • Scissors
  • Pencil and Eraser
  • 5Gum (yeah.... don't forget... lol)
    • 5Gum wrappers
    • 5gum pack (optional)

art3.jpg

Tutorial:

1. Draw your picture (this tutorial is simplified)
  2. Start to peel your gum wrapper (separate the foil sheet from the wax sheet)
    1. Hint: Try to "fatigue" the edge(s) until you can peel it off
    2. Hint: Try to peel the foil off in a straight, slow, even manner (don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfect)[*]
Place the wax sheet over your picture (sticky side up) and trace your picture[*]Put the foil back on the wax and gently press them together (I used the gum pack to do this)[*]Flip the wrapper over, now you should see your trace ^____^[*]Cut it out.
  1. Erase the picture gently, so that the pencil lines become faint (for anesthetic purposes)
[*]Glue the foil on top of your picture[*]Place any sheet of paper over your foil and press it down.... to smooth our any creases.
  1. If you don't put anything over top, the foil underneath might slide and the paper layer prevents creasing
[*]Viola!

Uses:

• Card Decorations
  • Art
  • More? hehe^^

I made another one (Hello Kitty) as a card for my friend's birthday. Forgot to take a pic though.

Give this a try. I'd like to see your creations!! ^_____^ 

Wow that's amazing. Lol, I've never thought about using 5gum wrappers for a collage or anything artsy even when I found them really pretty lololol. The zebra is so cool!

Guest songforlostlove

Too bad I don't chew gum anymore D: but I'm really loving the zebra! i can't tell you used gum wrappers at all. yay for creativity!

wow, the zebra is amazing! i was kind of confused by the thread because i scrolled right past the zebra and i thought you were showing us the last picture as the result... i thought you were showing us how to cut a squiggle shape out of a gum wrapper. but then i read the responses about the zebra, and the zebra is really cool!

kind of OT, but i once read a sweet short story about a boy who wants to cheer up his nanny, who's homesick for her old country. so he makes her a picture like she said she has at home, and he uses different materials to make it. this reminds me of that because he unwrapped a bunch of colorful foils off toffee candies to use in the picture.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sakumar

I used to do something similar to what you did in your tutorial.  Instead of cutting out the individual pieces, I would peel bits of foil off the wrapper and then stick them onto the surface of my gameboy (because back then I was just too cool to own a cellphone).  I like your method a lot better though, it takes less patience to get the shape you want ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest blingup1

WOW i m amazed by your collection, and yes with pink wrappers will make the whole collection even prettier!

What an unique idea of stacking your collection!

My assortment of gum wrappers... I'm missing pink (and more?) though -.-;;

...and I am still collecting them... trolololo

*quoted image*

From the many colours, you can make almost anything with these gum wrappers.

*quoted image*

Materials:

• Glue stick (liquid glue is not recommended, it takes long to dry and messy)
  • Scissors
  • Pencil and Eraser
  • 5Gum (yeah.... don't forget... lol)
    • 5Gum wrappers
    • 5gum pack (optional)

*quoted image*

Tutorial:

1. Draw your picture (this tutorial is simplified)
  2. Start to peel your gum wrapper (separate the foil sheet from the wax sheet)
    1. Hint: Try to "fatigue" the edge(s) until you can peel it off
    2. Hint: Try to peel the foil off in a straight, slow, even manner (don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfect)[*]
Place the wax sheet over your picture (sticky side up) and trace your picture[*]Put the foil back on the wax and gently press them together (I used the gum pack to do this)[*]Flip the wrapper over, now you should see your trace ^____^[*]Cut it out.
  1. Erase the picture gently, so that the pencil lines become faint (for anesthetic purposes)
[*]Glue the foil on top of your picture[*]Place any sheet of paper over your foil and press it down.... to smooth our any creases.
  1. If you don't put anything over top, the foil underneath might slide and the paper layer prevents creasing
[*]Viola!

Uses:

• Card Decorations
  • Art
  • More? hehe^^

I made another one (Hello Kitty) as a card for my friend's birthday. Forgot to take a pic though.

Give this a try. I'd like to see your creations!! ^_____^ 

Guest paintyourxtarget

very cool! I remember in middle school and even HS, EVERYONE covered their binders in that foil stuff lol. but I never buy wrigley's gum, and orbitz gum wrappers are just boring paper lol

Archived