How clean do you eat?

Guest katemon

Guest katemon

What is "balance" to you?
Hola!

More and more eating clean mottos/lifestyles are popping up everywhere. To some, they overlook it and continue to eat whatever they want. Others adjust part of their diet to make it cleaner, and some people do a 360 and change EVERYTHING.

Where do you fit in?

Me personally, I excercise at a minimum 4 days a week(sometimes 7) moderately to pretty intensely, and eat roughly 2/3 clean. I'll eat  clean main meals (Oatmeal/Greek Yogurt/fruit for breakfast, Broccoli/meat/cheese at lunch, and vegetables/whatever was made for dinner) and then snack on unhealthier "junk food":wub: (cereal/1/2 a cookie/spoonful of ice cream/1/3 of a doughtnut/roasted nuts)

I let the junk food take up roughly 400/500 calories a day - that's a lot ; I'm trying to keep cutting back. But I know I'm generally healthy, and I'm still cutting back on bad habits.

Obviously I may not be the healthiest person out there, but I think this balances out eating clean without having to not take part in nights out, family fun, etc.

What's your opinion? Agree/disagree? What do you do?

• 1 year later...
Guest eatfirmlove

I think eating clean takes a lot of dedication and strategy. If you don't plan, you plan to fail. I noticed that if I plan ahead such as preparing meals for the week, I eat clean 100% of the way. When I don't, I fail at clean eating... 60% clean, 40% processed.

Now that back to school is creeping up again, I have been figuring out and experimenting with clean recipes that are easy to make. I don't have a lot of time and don't have that much money to spare so the ingredients have to be at a minimum. LOL.

Now, I stop eating bread because it's extremely processed, and its the Squirrelly  Bread that is apparently the most "natural" and not to mention, it also breaks the bank account selling at $5 a loaf TT__TT. Instead, I make my own sandwich bread made out of a vegetable (cauliflower), coconut flour and eggs.

The biggest difference between clean eating and regular eating is that I don't bloat and have A LOT of energy. When I crave for junk food like a granola bar, I grab a Simply Bar instead and now experimenting on how to make an easy and clean version of banana bread.

• 4 months later...
Guest farandipenny

Well I'm trying to go Vegan, I'm vegetarian since 8 months because of a documentary a saw that opened my eyes, since thenI'm cutting most of processed foods and I don't eat any meat eggs or milk... but there is always a problem... mom doesn't supports meenough in my decision so... sometimes i just come from work so tired that I don't want to cook, even breath. So when I open the fridge there is some salad...with mayo... there are some lentil soup... with some cheese... that's why I'm not fully vegan. But my new year goal is being fully vegan365 days. 
I was a hardcore milk drinker, it was my soda (I quit soda 4 years ago)  and one of the biggest things that happened me in the middle of last year is that I broke an ankle dancing, and it never healed completly. I was having pain for months, then I stopped drinking milk... and boila... my ankle finally healed. I can daaaance again :)

Guest Skippergirl

I'm not as strict on eating like last year but I don't eat that clean anyways lol I think I was crazy, I did 3000- 7000 jumprope everyday and tried to eat only meat and vegetables and drank only water T.T I only went from 127 - 112 (5'5") LOL I gave up on it but I've been currently 120 lbs  for the past 5 months =_=
My diet: 1000- 1700 calories depending on the day ~50% Vegetables/beans/ fruit with nothing added (sugar,salt) almost all steamed30% Lean meat. I usually only eat lean meat (chicken,pork,beef and fish) eggs?10% non white grains10%  anything else? ( protein shakes, vitamins, milk, sweets, tofu, etc...)10 cups of water/teaI do have days where I just eat whatever (holiday, birthday, parties)
I don't mind eating kind of clean since I hate fried, salty, and savoury processed foods anyways. I don't mind giving those up or ever eating them ever again but I love sweet  things like dark chocolate and ice cream T_T… I workout  for 30 min - 1 hr switching from cardio to strength training every other day.And on fridays I swim for 1-2 hrs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree to @eatfirmlove. There's a quote about it: If you are failing to plan, you are planning to fail. You need to be sure at your plan and be persistent on your plan, in other words don't give up, otherwise you'll be back where you started before you can even count to 10, well not really but you get what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say my eating is quite clean, quit drinking coffee as I was downing 8 cups a day. I drink fruit and veggie smoothies majority of the time plus I'm not a big eater the most I've eaten in the past two weeks was probably 550cal in a day, I try to keep it below 250. I wouldn't say I'm vegetarian or vegan I'm just not a huge fan of animal products apart from plain yogurt

Guest lasereast

This is very basic and important question that how much clean we used to eat because our all problems are realted with stomach only so one should need to take care of food very much....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest C Yuan

I eat somewhat cleanly...I have no problems with fruits and vegetables and eat a LOT of those everyday, but I also tend to eat a bunch of junk food (like maybe 300 calories worth a day). I know some people say to lose weight you have to cut down on white rice...but I really like rice so I didn't stick to that >.<
As for excercising I train for badminton 2 or more hours a day (including 5 miles in a row on Saturdays-no water break in between!), 6 days a week, and on the day that I don't train I do light jump roping (maybe 500-800 double jumps).

Guest C Yuan

@Rip Tide, actually from my personal experience that isn't completely true. I used to eat a lot of junk food, and I gained a lot of weight and was slower even though I exercise a lot. Whereas my other friend who trains can eat all the chocolate she wants and nothing will happen to her. Natural metabolism affects it too. :/

I used to eat a lot more "clean": fruits, vegetables, and lean mean only. But ever since my boyfriend and I moved in together, he buys lots of snacks and makes a lot of food, sometimes I can't help but eat some his snacks if I see it lying around. So I decided to cut myself some slack and a little junk food here and there. The main thing is I break out really easy if I don't watch what I eat, and I'm allergic to red meat.

• 3 weeks later...

I think i eat very clean. I am vegetarian for the past 13 years. Intake my daily average sometimes more or less i really don't keep count to be honest. Recently started eating brown rice instead of white rice. and WOAH what a significant difference and so much more health benefits compared to white rice. 
I know this is about how clean do you eat but... i read people eating around 500 Calories a day? are you kidding me? call that clean but to me that's so unhealthy, just because your not getting enough. 

Archived