IKEA!

inxomnia

Discuss their ranges and/or your buys!
I'm pretty sure most of us know IKEA, known for their efficiency and lovely designs. What do you think of their product ranges? Favourites? Any personal buys? Personally I love a lot of their products and how well they are put together at their showrooms, but I don't have the space or flexibility to put all the products together.

Personal favs:

birkeland-chest-of--drawers__0107503_PE257185_S4.JPG

I've always liked white (unfortunately it doesn't fit with my room's color scheme!) for clothing storage. I think it reflects light well so it brightens my mood when I'm selecting outfits and makes the colours look much brighter for some reason. Chest of drawers are so adorable because you can always decorate and place cute ornaments on the chests. Also, sometimes, they encourage organising since you have to fold and all that.

konsmo-bedside-table__0106179_PE254214_S4.JPG

I like the cube bedside table because it's easier to store my books and also it serves as decor. I waver between having the wheels and not, because it would be so useful to have it, yet it might get annoying if it moves at a slight touch.

noresund-bedside-table__36579_PE127775_S4.jpg

I like the simple, subtle elegance and curves of the table legs. And that it has two tiers, which makes it a tad more functional (to me). It would actually be a perfect place for me to place my earrings + studs.

ung-drill-mirror__0129203_PE283223_S4.JPG

This looks elegant and I love the black, decorative edges.

expedit-shelving-unit__0115210_PE268431_S4.JPG

I love the cubic designs for easy display. It can also double up as a room divider :)

branas-basket__0120647_PE277443_S4.JPG

I've always liked basket-like storage. However, I don't have any because it's really hard to fit it in with the decor of my home. Sigh.

ikea-ps-jonsberg-vase__62618_PE169773_S4.jpg

Quirky, and one of the more "cultural" like pieces from IKEA I reckon.

ikea-stockholm-bowl__62450_PE169166_S4.jpg

I just love this, so simple and versatile!

Purchases:

I actually don't have many IKEA furniture, simply because I bought all my stuff before I first visited IKEA (it's a fair distance away) or I was handed down stuff from older brother etc.

kassett-box-with-lid-for-paper__0112640_PE264488_S4.JPG

I have these (and the pure black version) in a variety of sizes. I like the metal edges because it makes it look sleeker and more professional/organised for some reason.

^ nice! i think i actually bought the metal table, but it was in white!

i love IKEA! my first job out of college, i was so excited to move to a city with an IKEA (at the time, there wasn't one in my home state), so i basically drove back and forth to IKEA the entire first month to decorate my first real-world apartment. i'd go there after work and sit in the cafeteria with a plate of swedish meatballs and a copy of the catalog, making a plan of attack for shopping. it was so much fun!

what i didn't realize was that the items i was choosing were kind of the basic/classic items that IKEA is really known for... so anyone who ever visited me commented that my place looked like an IKEA showroom. so i tried to switch it up with some craigslist finds, but... lol. after awhile, i didn't really care so much, so what i started doing was buying secondhand IKEA on craigslist. it's even cheaper that way, and a lot of the time it's in perfectly fine condition! i've already posted these pics elsewhere, but this is how i decorated my old place... there's IKEA in all of the pics. selling it was really easy because one girl came by when i was moving out and just bought the entire setup. IKEA is totally versatile!

347_689924209213_2207274_45162277_1121_n.jpg

347_689924219193_2207274_45162278_1497_n.jpg

347_689924244143_2199_n.jpg

347_689924199233_2207274_45162276_701_n.jpg

347_689924229173_2207274_45162279_1821_n.jpg

^ nice! i think i actually bought the metal table, but it was in white!

i love IKEA! my first job out of college, i was so excited to move to a city with an IKEA (at the time, there wasn't one in my home state), so i basically drove back and forth to IKEA the entire first month to decorate my first real-world apartment. i'd go there after work and sit in the cafeteria with a plate of swedish meatballs and a copy of the catalog, making a plan of attack for shopping. it was so much fun!

what i didn't realize was that the items i was choosing were kind of the basic/classic items that IKEA is really known for... so anyone who ever visited me commented that my place looked like an IKEA showroom. so i tried to switch it up with some craigslist finds, but... lol. after awhile, i didn't really care so much, so what i started doing was buying secondhand IKEA on craigslist. it's even cheaper that way, and a lot of the time it's in perfectly fine condition! i've already posted these pics elsewhere, but this is how i decorated my old place... there's IKEA in all of the pics. selling it was really easy because one girl came by when i was moving out and just bought the entire setup. IKEA is totally versatile!

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Yeah I think I just adore IKEA. Everything is so timeless and practical! I have all these ideas running through my mind whenever I see an IKEA product or something. Admittedly, it's very 'generic' so to speak, but isn't that the charm? To turn something generic into something that becomes distinctively 'you'? I'm someone who would buy IKEA products as a 'foundation' and then go crazy decorating.

That said, I really like your lounge! And the cute little white corner chair. I think

These are the things I bought so far along with some candles.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

What I want:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

I have the exact same bin as you. Hahaha I actually really liked that lamp (but I saw it in purple)... I can imagine white loooking very splendid with my dream white room (I'm trying to redecorate atm).

Yeah I think I just adore IKEA. Everything is so timeless and practical! I have all these ideas running through my mind whenever I see an IKEA product or something. Admittedly, it's very 'generic' so to speak, but isn't that the charm? To turn something generic into something that becomes distinctively 'you'? I'm someone who would buy IKEA products as a 'foundation' and then go crazy decorating.

That said, I really like your lounge! And the cute little white corner chair. I think

I have the exact same bin as you. Hahaha I actually really liked that lamp (but I saw it in purple)... I can imagine white loooking very splendid with my dream white room (I'm trying to redecorate atm).

Yeah! Its really dim (which is what I want) so it creates a nice relaxing feel to the room along with Vanilla scented candles from Ikea. Since I can't do much to my room because its an apt room, I am only decorating. :P Do you know if Ikea might have removable wall stickers? I want some!! ^__^ I'm excited in spending all my money in the only room I'm in all day. <3

^ I've seen wall decals online that were quite large ( a whole cherry blossom tree/branch thing) for $30 or so (I think it might've been discounted though) so I'm pretty sure if you looked online there'd be plenty of great options that are relatively affordable.

^ I've seen wall decals online that were quite large ( a whole cherry blossom tree/branch thing) for $30 or so (I think it might've been discounted though) so I'm pretty sure if you looked online there'd be plenty of great options that are relatively affordable.

Wow really!?

It makes me even more eager to purchase a wall sticker. =))

i dont buy anything from there and i havent even graduated from high school so i dont have a house...

but i just wanted to say that ikea is like one of my favourite places because

1) it's like a maze / exhibit

2) fun to run around in!!

3) you can try out all the beds / sofas / sample rooms !!!!!

4) delicious meatballs and cafeteria food

5) ice cream before you go

and i always end up buying these uh.. swedish cookies! :lol:

... wait.

is ikea swedish?!?!

Guest tinhieu

... wait.

is ikea swedish?!?!

Yeah, I love those cookies! The ones with the flower shapes, right?

I think they're called Anna's... or something. I used to always buy those whenever I went to Ikea... hehehehe...

woah. I really like Ikea furniture.

But this is one of the coolest things I've seen.... Swinging sofas.

karlstad_swings-795947.jpg

The sofas/loveseats are from Ikea, but they really thought outside of the box for this....

There are more creative Ikea "creations" I found here.

If I had these.... I would sit on them all day. Rock myself to sleep too, lol.

Wow really!?

It makes me even more eager to purchase a wall sticker. =))

Yups, apart from ebay, amazon etc, etsy also has some very nice & cheap wall decals. There are also sites/companies that specifically produce wall decals! I love looking at them all and then wonder where I would be able to shove one in.

i dont buy anything from there and i havent even graduated from high school so i dont have a house...

but i just wanted to say that ikea is like one of my favourite places because

1) it's like a maze / exhibit

2) fun to run around in!!

3) you can try out all the beds / sofas / sample rooms !!!!!

4) delicious meatballs and cafeteria food

5) ice cream before you go

... wait.

is ikea swedish?!?!

Yups they are. I love the environment & every time I get home from IKEA, I feel so inspired to clean or decorate my room hehe

Purchased this not too long ago in a brown chestnut color when it was on sale and it's amazing. It comes extremely close to being my dream closet and I love the amount of space it offers!

21jbu3n.jpg

Guest nobody knows

last time I went to ikea was the black friday weekend sale,

they had a thing where all stuffed toys were 50% off, and for every toy you bought, they'd donate $1 to unicef ^^

I bought a ton of 50 cent toys (because I really wanted them though), marked down to 25 cents, but ikea still donated a dollar for each of them ;~;

we went with a family friend and the daughters (who are very mature and laughed when I showed them the toy flyer) went crazy when they saw the toys and got more than I did

btw ikea's on amazon now too!

I'm assuming it's for people who don't have access to ikeas, because the prices are marked up by a lot

apparently something that was ~$12 is almost $30 on amazon >:

• 4 months later...
Guest gangster_lovin

I LOVE ikea!!
Just bought a 5x5 white expedit shelf.
Planning on a diy project to make "doors" for it since it'll cost a fortune buying the inserts from ikea.
Will post pics somewhere. :D

Guest blankety

I bought this and love it so much! But just warning anyone who's going to buy it. It comes in two huge honking boxes and will require the help of two STRONG people or like 4 average joes. Putting this together was a pain, make sure you leave a lot room between you and working on the boards or you will have difficulty putting together the last piece and lifting it up. It's not that heavy once you lift it up with the help of at least 3 people. But you do need at least 2 people to put it together. Once finished it looks amazing! I was going to go with the 5x5 instead of this 4x4, but decided it may be too big for me.

expedit-shelving-unit__0092703_PE229404_

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived