Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which workout brands do YOU rock??

esther.heeaeesther.heeae heeae Posts: 379Member
edited February 2012 in fitness & sports
Nike, Puma, Asics, etc.
I've started taking up running again in an effort to lose my Freshman 15.

My Cell Volt Mesh Puma sneakers are about a year and a half old now, and my flat foot pains are starting to flare up. So I've been researching about which brands different people with various conditions choose to wear. PUMA

Recently, I've been pondering between Asics Gel-Kanbarra 6 for severe over-pronaters such as myself, and they are supposedly good for avoiding shin splints. ASICS GEL-KANBARRA 6

But then I got into the topic of what brands my friends prefer for working out/sports in general.
I wear New Balance and Victoria' Secret sports bras because they give me the most support for the cheapest price... I just wait until they're on clearance :D My other girl friends prefer Nike for clothes, and Brooks shoes for running. (:0 ! dayummm so expensive...)

My running shorts and spandex are from Target, hehe. I think the brand is Champion?

So... What kind of shoes/clothes/accessories do you sport right now?
And... If price weren't an issue, what kind would you like to wear?

Post pictures or links if you can! :)
"Hate me for who I am, if you must, but don't Love me for who I'm not."
"Love me for who I am, and please do, but don't Hate me for who I'm not."

♥

Replies

• duh123duh123 Posts: 1,379Member

IDOL

i think champion and new balance are pretty decent brands. i'm not a fan of nike; their shoes and their clothing. i find their shoes aren't that good quality and their clothing runs quite large. it's really expensive also. i have a few nike dri-fit shirts that i got on sale. they are all right.

i have a new balance sports bra that i love. my running shorts are from old navy from a black friday sale a long time ago when they were only $10 each. my running shoes are from asics; it's one of their budget lines. i don't run all the time so it doesn't matter as much to me.

if price wasn't an issue, i would buy lululemon and all those fancy smaller sportswear brands. they have the cutest things. but having the cheapest item being more than $50 just doesn't work for my wallet as of right now.

if you have a flat foot, i suggest you looking to insoles. i hear that helps a lot more than just finding a shoe that's catered towards a particular foot type.
  • SearesrayneSearesrayne yay areaPosts: 915Member

IDOL

I'm on a budget, but I do like champion :D I haven't really explored anything else. I just use my cheap tank tops to work out in..... but I do buy a few workout pants from jcpenneys. I also like Underamour.
  • LittlePinky82LittlePinky82 S<3NE Posts: 709Member
    edited February 2012
    Omg I'm such a Champion fan girl. I tried their shoes out like two or three yrs ago now and loved them. I could even comfortably wear them with no socks and they were fine. Although, now I do wear them with socks always cause the last pair (and first) I had the insoles stuff started to come off one shoe which sucked. But yeah all my workout stuff is Champion. I haven't tried out the sports bras yet though but  I love their shorts and pants. If Champion one day asked me to be their spokes person or whatever I'd not even have to think on it for a second lol.

I'm on a budget, but I do like champion :D I haven't really explored anything else. I just use my cheap tank tops to work out in..... but I do buy a few workout pants from jcpenneys. I also like Underamour. 

I get my stuff at Target. They're not too bad. 
    yoseopsleep.gif
  • loop.statementloop.statement Posts: 62Member

TRAINEE

I use to  have a champion sports bra.. back then I thought it was the best and the champion sports bra was for $15 at Walmart in Canada ( it was my first and only sports bra and it was the cheapest I could find... but I didn't take exercise seriously so diidn't know much). Now, I have several different sports bra from Nike, UA.. I definately see a big quality difference in UA. LOL. I only get them on sale. Hahahha. Yup. I don't care what style, etc. I bought the UA sports bra for $5 at Nordstrom Rack in Seattle.. so that was a good price.

As for tops, I wear a lot of Adidas and Nike... they are those dry fit types of shirt. Again, usually between 7-13$ is where I buy em' and all on sale price.

Pants is from Old Navy.. but I will have to buy new ones because its been so long and I always have to pull them up now cuz I lost a bit weight. Hahhaha.

Shoes is Adiddas runners.. maybe 5 years old now? Lately, I can feel pain because the shoes are lonnng over due... so also need to get new shoes. Maybe looking towards Nike Trifit and Adidas Climacool or Climamax (forgot the name?)
  • esther.heeaeesther.heeae heeae Posts: 379Member
    loop.statement wrote on 08 February 2012 - 01:40 AM:

I use to  have a champion sports bra.. back then I thought it was the best and the champion sports bra was for $15 at Walmart in Canada ( it was my first and only sports bra and it was the cheapest I could find... but I didn't take exercise seriously so diidn't know much). Now, I have several different sports bra from Nike, UA.. I definately see a big quality difference in UA. LOL. I only get them on sale. Hahahha. Yup. I don't care what style, etc. I bought the UA sports bra for $5 at Nordstrom Rack in Seattle.. so that was a good price.

Pants is from Old Navy.. but I will have to buy new ones because its been so long and I always have to pull them up now cuz I lost a bit weight. Hahhaha.

You're just like me! I only buy certain items on sale because they're just darn too expensive for full price. But you really can feel the difference in quality once you slip em on ;)

I also have some old navy yoga pants that I've had for .... years and years. lol. I'm too short for long pants so I always have to pull them up and fold them too. Nowadays I simply stick to capri/knee length pants.
    "Hate me for who I am, if you must, but don't Love me for who I'm not."
    "Love me for who I am, and please do, but don't Hate me for who I'm not."

♥
  • dolcedor.dolcedor. Posts: 2,626Member

IDOL

I use Chuck Taylors for weight lifting and a pair of Nikes for running. I'm planning to exchange the Nikes for a pair of Vibrams in the summer, which I'll probably use for lifting as well.

As for clothing, anything that's moisture wicking. But often I'll wear a cotton t-shirt if I know I'm not going to sweat a lot.
    Onimal
  • the_wronged&lt;/3the_wronged</3 Posts: 702Member
    Asics for running shoes definitely! It's the comfiest ones I've ever owned. I have the gel kayano 17. For clothes, I like buying from Marshalls and the brands vary (nike, adidas, lululemon, etc). I just buy whatever is cheapest lol.
    esther.heeae
  • matchamuffinmatchamuffin Posts: 55Member

ROOKIE

NIKE ! SERIOUSLY. despite all their controversies, i really love Nike.
    the way they market, their clothing, their style. i love it.
    i know i'm being marketed to.... but I LOVE IT and it works T.T
    lol
    271012_10150238071568445_15087023444_7656702_2608739_n.jpg
    Please read the signature rules
  • LauvableLauvable AustraliaPosts: 195Member
    Currently I'm wearing a pair of green Adidas Climacool shoes, a Brooks Equilibrium T and some random Asics shorts. I'm thinking of buying some running shorts but the ones I'm wearing don't ride up so they're fine for now. If price wasn't an issue, I'd get some better socks to run with, either an Adidas AdiStar Short Sleeve Top or a Brooks HVAC T, and some lightweight running shorts (not short shorts).
    Walk on with hope in your heart, And you'll never walk alone.

411: http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/371042-fail-asian-is-here/
  • Kui~XianKui~Xian Posts: 503Member
    Nike shoes, for sure, and never looking back! Love them! As for a bra, I wear Underarmour and my workout clothes are mostly either Nike, Under Armour, and Lululemon.

If price wasn't an issue, definitely Victoria's Secret's VSX stuff. Super, super tempting. And more Lululemon would definitely be on the list, since even though I buy Lululemon stuff, it's still really a splurge for me haha.
    Message me for my Fitblr :)
    Find me on Twitter here ♡
  • x_applechanx_applechan pokemon master everywhere.`Posts: 1,464Member
    I just bought a pair of nike tempo running shorts recently, but usually I wear adidas. I love adidas shoes! I've tried puma shoes and I didn't really like them because they weren't durable. I have a pair of new balance shoes which were alright. Right now I can't even think of the brand of tennis shoes I'm wearing because I don't really like them... I'm planning on getting another pair of adidas shoes or possibly reebok realflex shoes.

I'm excited for the weather to warm up so I can start jogging outside instead of going to the gym :)
  • kangta26kangta26 Posts: 276Member

ROOKIE

new balance for my flat-footedness happy.gif
  • rachilderachilde United StatesPosts: 2,332Member
    I workout barefoot and jump rope in Chucks. Fancy shoes with cushioning feel weird and throw me off balance--particularly if I'm doing squats or lunges--so I haven't worn a pair of cushioned gym shoes in years. I also find it nearly impossible to jump rope in anything other than thin-soled shoes since the cushioning throw me off balance. I've been working out consistently for over 5 years now and I've never suffered an injury from working out barefoot or in Chucks, so I'm not convinced that I need a pair of air-filled shoes just to prevent injury. I'm pretty much the ideal candidate for a pair of Vibram 5 Fingers...

As for workout gear, anything goes. I'll workout in my underwear most of the time since I workout at home. After all, there's no point in getting other clothes sweaty if no one else is watching me. If I'm visiting the parents or if the UPS man is liable to drop by in the middle of my workout session, then I'll throw on some really old Reebok workout gear. And by old I mean from the late 90s and early 00s old. I must have owned most of this stuff when I was in middle school for middle school gym. But, hey, it doesn't matter as long as it fits!
  • haydefhaydef Posts: 65Member

ROOKIE

Top & bottom isn't a problem to me since I've a lot of T-shirts & track pants. I wear them all the time. Most of my socks are Nike, so there you go. For running, I wear Reebok. But when I play basketball, Adidas. I'm not going to talk about which undergarments I wear though.

• thesteelthesteel Posts: 487Member

IDOL

I use Nikes but I do have Asics wrestling shoes from my wrestling days
  • JJ__JJ__ Posts: 83Member
    I wear my asics, most comfortable shoe ever ! Totally worth my $150 
  • kerpaokerpao 416/905Posts: 2,093Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    Lululemon :) i have a handful of tank tops, shorts and pants/crops and sweaters! cuz my sis worked for them and always told me what was on sale and i'd go check it out
    Under Armour <3 i have a shirt, a pair of shorts, a compression longsleeve and two of their compression shorts :D
    I only have on shirt from nike and one from adidas as well as a pair of shorts from adidas
    i usually wear random tank tops or cotton tees (can't breathe in them sometimes though) when i'm too lazy to do laundry

Shoes:
    Asics i think they're called nimbus gel something for running
    Adidas cross-trainers, SO LIGHT!!
    And for christmas my sis got me a pair of reetones cross trainers lol! i'm not sure how well they're toning me since i don't reach for these as often as i should but they do throw me off balance when i wear them.
    SHOP FREE TORONTO PICK-UP $10 COCORONI IPHONE 4G CASES! LULULEMON SWEATERS!

• widodo55widodo55 Posts: 1New Member
    Nike ..... I would really like, as comfortable on the feet when walking

https://www.obatvitalitas.com selling online: Strong medicine | Sex Tools | Medicines Authority | excitant
  • ddalkileeddalkilee Posts: 89Member

ROOKIE

Hm, honestly brand isn't too much of a consideration for shoes since I'm not a hardcore runner/trainer or anything. I prefer anything light, cushiony, and breathable. Cute is a plus of course.
    For clothing, if you have a Costco nearby, you should definitely check out their (Kirkland brand) gear. Seriously amazing for the price and comparable to Lululemon!
    In mentioning Lululemon..all hype, not worth the $; there are better alternatives.
  • ThiThi Posts: 23Member
    I'm a Nike girl when it comes to the shorts and tank tops. 
    I do like Adidas and Under Armour as well. 
    As for the shoes, I really like Reebok. I would prefer the Adidas Adizero though. I want them for running. :D

I should have a limit when it comes to work-out clothes, but I splurge :/ My everyday attire is yoga pants or exercise clothes since I go to the gym so often.