MUJI

melkimx

are people in the US familiar with muji? they're a japanese home goods company that specializes in kind of really functional items with a kind of minimalist aesthetic. the price point is supposed to be pretty low, but at least in korea... it's not expensive, but there are cheaper options. today i just bought a clear plastic jewelry box for 22,000 won, which is about $20 USD... which isn't bad, except that there are similar ones for one-fifth the price. but to me, muji's products just look a bit nicer, so it's worth it to me. i used to visit the one in NYC, where my brother lives, and he kind of became a fan. besides home accessories and furniture, they have clothes, stationery, toiletries, and weird things like shrink-wrapped scarves and cutout images of NYC.

now personally, i think their aesthetic is a little cold. no frills, usually no bright colors. but i love their organizing items for some reason. and they make some really cute items that i love!

99pehl.png

kcfnz9.png

c6jv7.png

212xt1x.png

2e6a0z9.png

http://www.muji.eu

Guest Dazzle and Destroy

Their makeup organizers are really popular in the beauty world, they're the clear acrylic cubes, similar to the kim kardashians one.

Guest Moo Moo Milk

I love MUJI! They have some pretty cool stationary...like their pens are pretty much like normal pens .___. but I like them cause they all have a frosty white casing~ sooo it looks cool if that makes sense LOL. Personally, I like the aesthetic of their storage and stuff~ probably because im a boring person I like it when everything's plain and uniform xD;;

Guest Animeuver

MUJI! They've got really good quality items. Their price tend to be a little on the steeper end in Singapore, but the items are well worth the money, its a good investment! I'm waiting to buy some things from there when I move rooms!

Love the simplicity of items, they look really neat and classy. :D

Guest ichigo_no_powder

I love muji for their stationary. to me, it's the only category of items they carry that is actually cheap. everything else is not expensive but as mel said there are even cheaper options out there. but i like how everything in the store looks so... clean.

went to europe and they had a couple of muji stores around unlike Australia. srsly we never have the cool stores. haha

i loved the items so much. i like simple designs and neutral colours. I bought a raincoat and some pens. I still have them now from like 2 yrs ago, still in great condition.

I wanted the city building blocks - does anyone rmbr them? there was like ny, paris, london etc. but i cbb backpacking with them.

^ yeah, if there was an IKEA in korea, there wouldn't be much question in terms of furniture, since muji doesn't offer much and what they do have is really basic. for a lot of the smaller organizational items, i still prefer muji because there just seems to be a bit more thought and detail in the design. but there's no doubt that IKEA has a lower price point and many more offerings and styles... definitely the place to go for furniture!

Archived