[Debate] Teens losing their virginity; Is it a shame or a pride?

Guest lualm

Teens nowadays lose their virginity due to peer pressure, curiosity, or out of rebellion. While some say it's the modern times and the age gets younger and younger, there are those who still frown on this practice because of traditional values and religious beliefs.

From your point of view, when teenagers lose their virginity, is it a shame or a pride?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest erasingpencil

For me, it's shame because what's prideful of loosing one's virginity? Showing that you've let other people seen your body? no thanks

Guest -heartbeat

I'm a teenager myself but I see it not a problem to lose it or not ? It's their own choice to do it or not (I haven't lost it cause I rather respect myself) BUT when your 9-14years old, why the hell are they even out of the house? What are your parents doing :/ Don't younger children have any brains to think for the outcome? Do they even know the risk of aids, std & etc. Now days kids are little mini coopers and need a wake up call.

Guest lynnz0311

its totally a shame. from what i know, all religions forbid adultery . so if you say pride, means you have against your own religion

Guest safiahazmi

to me, it's nothing to proud of. i strongly believe that virginity, while for some people is just the hymen, is a virtue that we should instill in everyone, boys and girls. most people frown when girls were not a virgin, but didn't bat an eyelash when it come to boys. it's not just about whether you bleed on your wedding night. it's about giving yourself to someone who is confident enough to accept you for who you are and were responsible enough to take care of you before bedding you.

Teens nowadays lose their virginity due to peer pressure, curiosity, or out of rebellion. While some say it's the modern times and the age gets younger and younger, there are those who still frown on this practice because of traditional values and religious beliefs.

From your point of view, when teenagers lose their virginity, is it a shame or a pride?

Guest i-adore-u

well.... I dunno i guess it depends on people...?

its their choice if they want to or not.

im 19 and im still untouched but I really came close to actually losing it.

But i can say that, if i did, I wouldn't regret it because I would've given it to

someone that I loved.

Dunno what my opinions about this is but..

Girls, if you lose it.

Lose it to someone who is actually worth it. Lose it to someone who actually LOVES you.

in that way there's no regrets and there wouldn't be any shame, cause it was done out of LOVE.

Guest shaniceK

I think that many teens are doing this only for the sake of fitting in, as the years have gone by it seems that if a girl keeps her virginity she is branded as lame or the common phrase" a miss good too shoes". A lot of girls are beginning to wise up and see that if she is a virgin it is the most precious thing she has , it was a gift from God t be given to that person who is meant for them , someone who was sent by God for them. 

However on the other side , there are girls who truly believe that the guy they are sleeping with is the one , but as we all know 99.99% of them are not the one. so i guess that losing your virginity is not something shameful per say , however it is not something to boast about and as for the pride aspect that is just dumb. 

P.S losing your virginity mean many things however i hope that all girls keep in mind that when you decide to give your one and only precious gift to someone other than your husband then you are the ones loosing and not the guy , so just be careful! ( also i am i virgin and i am 19 ,i have never even kissed a guy because i want it ti mean something not just a thing to be in the'in crowd"

being a teen myself (still... this year I'm turning 20) I think it's a shame, very very big one. Doing something like that just to fit in.... ridiculous

I still have mine :rolleyes:

Guest loveyonghwa4ever

as a person guided by my parents with our beliefs we still respect our body and we should save it for our marriage .. . 

Guest starzlem93

First of all I'm proud to say that I'm 18, 100% Virgin and I'm still waiting for my Mr. Right to give up my virginity... I mean waiting for my own wedding night to do it.

It's a shame if you say you're not virgin at a really young age...or even if you're older but you're not married

Coming from the religious side of the world, IMO pre marital sex is a no-no.  I personally think that all teens should be busy with school ,sports, MUSIC and stuff like that other than sex. Now kids are getting into sex and yeah, girls become mothers at a really early age which worries me. The act of sex is not for pleasure, it's to create life. Sex is between a guy and a girl who would commit themselves forever to the child they will make. this is why marriage is needed.

Scientifically, our (ladies) bodies are not fully ready till we are in our 20s cause our bodies are still changing. But I dont mean relationships are bad! You can have (Imhoplesslyromanticbutloveless...) Couples can get cheesy but just not too intimate. WAIT FOR THE RIGHT TIME a.k.a. YOUR WEDDING NIGHT. and remember, SEX AINT FOR PLEASURE.

If you love this girl/guy, you can wait. I know we dont know when our time will come but please its not like sex is the only thing left to do in the world. There's still KPOP and your fantasies. remember the right oppa/noona/dongsaeng(<---lol this) is waiting for you~

I sound like a mother. :| biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest yoona_lycka25

keeping it atleast until you become an adult....... it's called self respect...so, as for the question... it's a shame...

Guest Dewi_meimei

it's a shame for me. I am turning 22 this year and still never kissed or hug a guy except my family. Hahahah virginity is smth precious that would never back if u lose it. So think wisely before u do the deed.

Guest UniqueLumi

It's a big shame!

Virginity is an important thing to you. I think it's stupid to give your virginty to a boy who later maybe you will break up with. I think you should save it till marriage. I think everybody knows that loosing virginity to the person who really loves you and wants to be with you till the end is the best option.

We are teenagers (I mean I am only 13!) and sex is not for us. We have to wait till we find our true love and till we become adults. unsure.gifhappy.gif

I have to say. Many people would believe in staying virgins, but in reality, it just doesnt happen as ideally. No matter what people tell you. Religion? How about many other rules that we shouldnt break? Im not saying doing one bad thing allow us to do more, but hypocritical much? Humans make mistakes in life and when we're kids, we just happen to make more of em which we regret later in life.

Back to replying the question. Is it shame or pride? In moral terms it depends who you're doing it with. As ideally as many people would want it, partners are not guaranteed for a lifetime. Not when u do it for the first time nor when ur married. On an optimistic view, who says u cant marry the first guy u do it with?

Shame or pride is too liquid a term to answer.

I guess I wouldn't pick shame or pride. I would pick peer pressure. I think it's too bad because most teens aren't ready for the emotions that go along with sex. Guilt, anxiety, pregnancy concerns, image etc etc.

Guest ashkeetchum

To me, it shouldn't even concern me.

We as people shouldn't go out and judge ones actions on something so pitiful compared to something real going on  in the world, like poverty, war, people hurting.

If teenagers want to be stupid and reckless, we should care or judge them cause they're the ones screwing their lives up, not us.

To me I'm 25 years old It's a shame to me. I only kissed or hugged a guy, but being a virgin is good now a days don't need to worry about getting a desease from someone or becoming pregant. I bet I'm the only virgin left between my friends, but don't care what people do it's just me and that's makes me happy.

Archived