Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Ulzzang Contest Round 2 results are out! See who made it to the final round!

iphone 4 unlock/jailbreak for Tmobile

DJbeastboyDJbeastboy Dr.LovePosts: 148Member
I have a iphone 4 that is version 5.0.1 or something

and i been to two phone places that does unlock/jailbreak and they said the patch isn't out yet or whatever to get it to work with my current provider Tmobile

I looked up online, it seem like someone did already created a patch to get tmobile to work on iphone 4

any iphone expert confirm or give me some insight on this matter. Thanks^^

Replies

• Aaron.DAaron.D Posts: 13Friend of Soompi
    DJbeastboy wrote on 03 February 2012 - 05:01 AM:

I have a iphone 4 that is version 5.0.1 or something

and i been to two phone places that does unlock/jailbreak and they said the patch isn't out yet or whatever to get it to work with my current provider Tmobile

I looked up online, it seem like someone did already created a patch to get tmobile to work on iphone 4

any iphone expert confirm or give me some insight on this matter. Thanks^^

Umm I'm pretty such you can jailbreak the tmobile i4 with the new untether, make sure you make a custom ipsw if you want to preserve your basebase to unlock your phone. Find the guide to do all this ^ on http://iclarified.com/.
  • DJbeastboyDJbeastboy Dr.Love Posts: 148Member
    Aaron.D wrote on 03 February 2012 - 09:32 AM:

Umm I'm pretty such you can jailbreak the tmobile i4 with the new untether, make sure you make a custom ipsw if you want to preserve your basebase to unlock your phone. Find the guide to do all this ^ on http://iclarified.com/.

i checked, it doesn't have my version
  • loveslickloveslick Posts: 202Member

ROOKIE

Are you running on the 4.11.08 broadband? If you are, there is no way to unlock your phone as of now. The only way you can get the phone unlocked is when Gevey releases their new sim card, but they haven't released an official date for it yet. :( There is rumors of it being released around mid-February, so you'll just have to wait!
  • zhzubair4zhzubair4 Posts: 1New Member
    edited August 2012
  • snsd_foreverrsnsd_foreverr Posts: 232Member
    Impossible. I am in the cell phone business and tried it before. 

Your best bet is two get a gevey sim unlock. Google that. It works. 
  • prechtikprechtik Posts: 128Member

IDOL

snsd_foreverr wrote on 19 February 2012 - 06:15 PM:

Impossible. I am in the cell phone business and tried it before. 

Your best bet is two get a gevey sim unlock. Google that. It works. 
    My sibling is using a Gevey with iOS4, older baseband on TMO. Works well, $30/mo and no contract. 2G, but decent speeds in metropolitan areas
  • lalosokelalosoke Posts: 109Member

ROOKIE

There's no possible way to unlock iOS 5.0.1 with a Modem Firmware (baseband) 4.11.08 to date (4.11.08 is the problem not the iOS) - not even with UIltrasn0w or Gevey sim card. Your best bet is to sell the phone (if possible) and buy another iPhone 4 that doesn't have a baseband of 4.11.08.

Hope this helps and if you have any further questions, I can address them. Just shoot me a PM
  • muganoolmuganool Posts: 2New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi, To which network has the iPhone 4 currently been locked to? You can unlock an iPhone 4 safer and easier using remote unlocking service. You can get the remote unlocking service for an iPhone 4 from  www.wickedunlock.com at affordable cost with easy unlocking guide. This is a permanent unlocking method and doesn't require a jailbreak too. Good luck.