If you could join any entertainment agency, which would it be?

SM, YG, JYP, or other?
Let's say you're blessed with awesome good looks, a killer voice, and great dancing ability. You are instantly offered a contract from SM, YG, and JYP, with the intention for you to debut in an upcoming idol group. All three contracts offer the same amount of money. Which agency do you choose, and why?

Also, during your training, you are chosen as the leader of your group and are given the opportunity to have a say in what kind of musical style and image you'll have, how many members will be in the group, and which gender. What do you choose?

JYP. I love his music...I admire his artists' ability to perform on the stage. He seems to allow them creative freedom (Jinwoon of 2AM has his own rock singles) and doesn't seem like a slave driver. He seems like a nice guy - he let Rain leave his company. There wasn't a big block on Jay Park when he left 2PM.

members: 3-4 would be ideal. It's harder for individual in larger groups to shine. Plus, I've always only notice 3 members of a group anyways.

music style: JYP stuff. RnB/pop.

Guest kozkeemegz

I think I'll join JYP..YG would be ok too..but I'd never join SM specially with what Hangeng told before about how they treat their artists health.

Guest Karakab0b

In all honestly, I'd pick Jungle Entertainment. They're diverse in their music and they have a mature sound with well-respected artists. I'd love being able to work alongside Tiger JK, Tasha, Leessang, and the like.

answering my own question (why not keke)... it would be a toss-up between SM and YG, but probably the latter. image-wise, i'm most fascinated by the SM artists, especially SNSD and DBSK. i've listened to SM groups from the days of HOT and SES, and i think SM has done a lot to shape how everyone sees k-pop.

on the other hand, music-wise, i prefer what YG has done with 2NE1 and big bang. i like the style and i think the songs are high quality. to me, the fact that 2NE1 has had so many all-kills is no surprise! and i've heard better things about how YG treats their artists... i'm not convinced that SM takes care of their artists the way they should.

so, YG! (and i also respect JYP a lot and i think he's a genius, but it would be a third pick for me, because in terms of music, i just haven't liked as many of their songs.)

and i would opt to be in a big big group, to maximize the family feeling! (plus, i don't like super amounts of attention, and this way i could blend in more lol.)

Guest Nova_REMIX

YG most definitely. They take you and mold you into a star and bring out your talents. It's not about looks to them. It's just about the music. And that brings them together. I'd also go for BrandNewStardom, JYP, or LEONET.

Guest auipots

my vote would be yg.. I like it how their artists treat each other as family.. they live up to their name YG Family... :) also, i think YG is the most considerate and concerned towards their artists.. they give their artists vacation, does not over work them (in idol's standards. well all idols are generally overworked but they are the least agency tooverwork artists imo..), they give their artists a chance to express their own image, plus THEY GET AN EFFING SWAG BUILDING!!! hahaha... a bonus is you get to hilariously impersonate papa YG in public without him being pissed off.. hahaha... the point is, they are really close and homey towards each other, even towards their CEO.. hahaha.. also, as what simon and martina says, YG never messes up with their english.. :)

the least agency i would pick is SM... the overwork their artists like HELL... i don't want that.. >.< and imo they are the least agency who are concerned towards their artists' welfare...

Guest kristommy02

YG...because their artists are unique, (have awesome swag) and YG is seriously like a familly the artists are like brothers and sisters, it would be the most comfertable surrounding because everyone is so friendly, and close with eachother, plus YG's artists make the most money after debut

THE BEST KOREAN ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY!

my vote would be yg.. I like it how their artists treat each other as family.. they live up to their name YG Family... :) also, i think YG is the most considerate and concerned towards their artists.. they give their artists vacation, does not over work them (in idol's standards. well all idols are generally overworked but they are the least agency tooverwork artists imo..), they give their artists a chance to express their own image, plus THEY GET AN EFFING SWAG BUILDING!!! hahaha... a bonus is you get to hilariously impersonate papa YG in public without him being pissed off.. hahaha... the point is, they are really close and homey towards each other, even towards their CEO.. hahaha.. also, as what simon and martina says, YG never messes up with their english.. :)

the least agency i would pick is SM... the overwork their artists like HELL... i don't want that.. >.< and imo they are the least agency who are concerned towards their artists' welfare...

that is so true it would be the most comfy surroundings because everyone is so nice and family-like......like i mean you wouldnt be awk

Hmm... I would choose YG since they seem welcoming, but I like the groups in SM too. It`s just that they seem to overwork the artists. D:

I choose YG! other than wanting the chance to mingle with Bigbang, I'm most impressed with Yg's style of management. They may not be the biggest company but the quality they put in each of their artist's project is what really counts. :D

Guest Cherie1430282273

SM, hands down! Even if you have no talent, they would take you and mold you into something beautiful and talented. <33 The training would be deadly, the benefits would be horrible, and the pay would be nothing special, but if it means going on the David Letterman show in a huge country, my dances imitated in flash mobs in foreign countries, and my fashion style imitated around the world, it is so worth it.

Guest Mayrine

SM because it is the most popular group in the world excl.gif

example TVXQ, SUJU, SNSD, SHINEE, F(X) and now they have a new group called EXO-M and EXO-K

SM also are warmest and family or freindly entertainment

blush.gif i'm so proud of them

:wub: I also admire snsd since 2009 when i first hear a song called Gee <3  

and because of that so it make me like kpop song or drama too :lol:

I hope one day i can be in sm entertainment :sweatingbullets: I LOVE U SM

:w00t: Thx bye

My first choice is definitely YG. Although, LOEN & JYP are pretty good too. But I'll definitely turn down SM. YG has a unique style compare to other agencies. Besides, they're the most considerate among the 3 giants (SM, JYP & YG). I'll turn down SM's offer because of the contract. I'm sure you understand (hints to JYJ & Hangeng).

As for musical style, I'll say I'd like to experiment various genres of music. Experimenting new stuffs is always fun & you'll get to know what's the best genre for you. As a girl, I think I'm going for an image that's different from other girl groups. Most girl groups are either sexy or cute, but I prefer to go for 'cool'. You know what I mean? I think between 4-6 members are enough. If I'm appointed leader, I don't want to have too much burden managing too many group members. For the gender, I pick all girls. Nevertheless, a mix gender group sounds great too.

Guest kaygeeh

I'll go with YG because they seem to capitalize more on talent and skills that good looks become secondary. Moreover, with this company I get the feeling of being family more (not that there's none with SM and JYP).  

Archived