If you could go back in time to meet the child version of yourself,

imtoghai

what advice would you give 'him' or 'her'?

If you can go back in time to when you were a kid, what advice would you give yourself, if any?

or

If you could have a few words with yourself as a child, what would you say?

Edit:

I felt like I needed to add more to the post so I asked a few people on Omegle using the 'Spy Mode' feature, lol, and here are some of the answers I got:

Conversation 1

Stranger 2: wouldnt i disappear

Conversation 2

Stranger 2: "Don't drop out."

Conversation 3

Stranger 1: You'll never become Robin Hood, Batman, or Pirate

Stranger 2: be happy

Stranger 1: but if you work hard you can become some badass combination of the three

Stranger 2: because i hated my childhood

Conversation 4

Stranger 1: oh also, bet money that obama will become president. like, hundreds of thousands of dollars

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MrMister

If my current self won't disappear then I'd tell myself to be more adventurous. Don't be afraid of mistakes that won't hurt me badly because I could learn from it. And make a firm stand for yourself. Don't let people who don't know you well dictate your life.

"So what if that gawky little girl is 6 and you're 10 and she can only babble in Spanish. She obviously has a huge crush on you.  And don't be afraid of her gruff looking dad, Old Man Vergara.  He isn't mean at all and he actually thinks you and Sofia look cute together."

1. Stay focus on your studies.

2. Complete your post graduation program whatever the cost is.

3. Remember 18th April 1999, this is the day before your very best friend will get very poisoned, and you can save him.

4. Don't fall in love, and especially get married.

5. Play all these lotto numbers when you are eligible to play.

If you follow steps 1-5, you might have a better life :P

Guest kurumii

1. THINK before you act

2. Participate in as many school activities you can

3. Find a reason to study

4. Live in a foreign country for as long as you can

5. Just think!

Guest halycon
  1. You should spent a school year abroad.
  2. Go outside and enjoy the day.
  3. You can only trust yourself.
  4. Start learning more foreign languages now. (I'm 17 now and god...I love languages and easily learn them however at the moment I don't have time 'cause of A-Levels)
  5. Make more but only real friends.
  6. Well....your grades are great at the moment and are still great in the future, so keep going.

Guest 2partsvodka

i'll probably slap the child version of me, then tell her to not give up, study hard, don't spend a lot of money, and be adventurous.

Archived