Serena vs. Blair: The Bedroom Edition

melkimx

gossip girl is all about eye candy! i love the beautiful people wearing beautiful clothes, but most of all, i love the lavish settings. i found a bunch of nice pictures on the interior designer's blog. her name is christina tonkin, and she's also responsible for the sets of sex and the city. i remember reading an interview with her, and she really takes the character's personality and plot situation into consideration, rather than just trying to make the most beautiful sets. you can find more pictures there than what i posted here.

which is your favorite?

blair's bedroom:

Blair-Waldorf-s-Bedroom-gossip-girl-10880042-850-567.jpg

BLAIRS_02.jpg

MG_9039.jpg

MG_9077.jpg

MG_9090.jpg

MG_9213.jpg

MG_9126.jpg

serena's bedroom (at blair's place):

MG_9019.jpg

MG_9247.jpg

MG_9267.jpg

MG_9268.jpg

MG_9280.jpg

serena's bedroom (at her mother's place):

IMG_6601.jpg

serenas-room.jpg

Screenshot2012-01-24at43852AM.png

093108_gossipgirl3.jpg

Guest TICKLE ME Jx2

I think, if I had to chose, I'd pick Serena's room at Blair's house.

I love the colors and all the furniture styles compliment each other so well.

And I LOVE the wall decorations and color.

But I really REALLY want Blair's closet, hahaha. <3

My favorite thing about Serena's room is the thing on top of her bed. What is it exactly? When I first saw it, I wanted it so bad LOL. IT'S CUUUTE.

My favorite thing about Serena's room is the thing on top of her bed. What is it exactly? When I first saw it, I wanted it so bad LOL. IT'S CUUUTE.

do you mean the butterflies on the wall? they're made out of crushed beer cans! http://www.paulvillinski.com/artist_statement/artist_statement.html

and http://www.paulvillinski.com/news/news.html (scroll down)

i see a lot of people doing safer DIY versions with paper, though, and that also looks pretty cool.

Mm I actually like Blair's room better. And that picture or painting of the eye in Serena's room at her mother's place looks really out of place. 

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Serena's is beautiful and more modern than Blair's. It's not my ideal bedroom, but if I had it I wouldn't be complaining. :P

I think I like Blair's bedroom more. Although the first picture is less than impressive to me, when I looked at the elements of the bedroom, I really liked how everything pieced together and her wardrobe is so lovely! I love the soft textures of her curtains more than Serena's, I prefer the colour scheme and I adore the little lounge. Actually, I love all the furniture choices in Blair's room!

Serena's room @ Blairs, I like the pop-up butterflies and the large main window. Serena's at her mom's looks too old for her, tbh.

Edit: went on the blog and just wanted to say, I love the Humphries' Brooklyn loft more than both rooms. Very cosy, comfortable and I love the endless amounts of books. Reminds me of the old days when Dan was still awesome, sigh.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest curlyhairedteen

Wow I really like Blair's bedroom especially her closet. I love how Serena and Blair's room contrast with each other; Serenas' room is bright like her personality while Blairs' is more dark. :sweatingbullets:

• 2 weeks later...

^ agreed with the personality thing.

Lol. I actually like Blair's room. I love the colors and everything leans more towards the classy vintage princess like how Blair is. The only thing I like about Serena's room at Blair's is the butterflies besides that I agree with the fact that it looks more like a hotel. Serena's room at her mom's is very funky looking with the poka dots and the different patterns which I love as well. Lol, the eye piece is kind of weird though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AAgurl789

I'm surprised that serena's room at blair's place isn't more eclectic or bohemian chic. Her room looks like a hotel room I agree. The black thing on her bed reminds me of black bats..not into it at all. serena's at her mother's looks alrite. a little small and cluttered. I have yellow bedroom walls, so it's not exactly the most calming color to sleep!

I would probably never pick the color at blair's place but her room looks very vintage classy without going over the top . Love the audrey portrait and also the marie Antoniette's portrait. her closet is to die for!

here's the marie antonette's portrait

blairwaldorfroom.jpg

blair's dorm room is a copy of her normal bedroom.

blair-waldorf-dorm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived