The Official Job Thread

Guest xx_smilez

Guest xx_smilez

for job, interview, wage discussions
Edited by Wil^2: So my partner-in-crime Aziraphale and I noticed that there've been quite a number of job threads appearing lately, whether it's about summer jobs, wages, discounts or interview help and whatnot. Rather than making this forum look like a mess by closing everything, we decided to merge everything into one job topic.

So from now on, any questions/comments about jobs, wages, interviews, opportunities, unions, employee discounts, benefits and the like should be posted in this thread UNLESS:

If you're asking about a job opportunity specifically where you live, then you should post it in the the appropriate soompi network subforum first here: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=44

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone~ I am currently looking for a part time job for the summer-- I'm 17 years old.

For those who have jobs already, can you please list where you work (specific would be best!), wages, what you basically do, your age (if possible).. etc? Thanks.. and I really appreciate it. :)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sooperNOODLES!

anything but retail x_x

i work at abercrombie and get paid 5.50 and i work my butt of

perfecting that store.. definitely not worth it .. BUT it is fun and

you meet lots of new people :] thats the only thing thats keeping

me from quitting.. but i heard if you work in a coffee shop like

starbucks or cariobou you get good payy :]

Guest Clu3less

i'm pretty sure you have to be 18 to work at starbucks. but i could be wrong

and wow sooperNOODLES! only 5.50?! is that the minimum wage where you live? the minimum wage over here is 6.75

i'm looking for a job too. i'm thinking something like tj maxx or marshalls since i know they're hiring.

Guest MaryMagdalin

thinking about working in el camino sushi o sushi

10$ an hour for cashier

20$ an hour for waitress.

OR in retail just cuz it`s close =(

metropark just for the discounts i love that store

haha

or abercrombie.

i'm pretty sure you have to be 18 to work at starbucks. but i could be wrong

and wow sooperNOODLES! only 5.50?! is that the minimum wage where you live? the minimum wage over here is 6.75

i'm looking for a job too. i'm thinking something like tj maxx or marshalls since i know they're hiring.

That's what I thought for Starbucks also. Something like that you'd have to be 18+

The minimum wage in the state of WA is $7.63, so I'm pretty good once I find a job. Lol.

Guest jayxd33

Starbucks is crappy pay. Only like $8.50/hour, but you get free drinks for you and your friends. Yes it's 18 to work there.

I'd wanna get a job, but I only turn 15 tomorrow. Probably babysitting. I wanna do tutoring, but I don't think I'll have time next year.

Guest rukia

The minimum age for working at Starbucks is 16, not 18. I work at a Starbucks in NJ and I get paid $7.75 an hour, which is pretty decent pay if you're a teenager. Depending on your store manager, hours are pretty flexible. You get good benefits like a pound of coffee or a box of tea a week, and 30% off anything as long as you have your partner card/number.

Plus if you work during college, your SM may get in contact with the corporate Sbux office and fix you up an internship either in your area or in their main HQ in Seattle. It's a good job, I highly recommend it, plus they are in the Fortune top 100 companies to work for.

Guest kamui_hime

thinking about working in el camino sushi o sushi

10$ an hour for cashier

20$ an hour for waitress.

OR in retail just cuz it`s close =(

metropark just for the discounts i love that store

haha

or abercrombie.

does $2o include tip? or is tip seperate?

i recently got a job as a waitress at a local japanese/korean resturant and i think they're paying minimum wage for waitresses ($2.63/hour) plus splitting tips with the 2/3 other waitresses.

but yeah for a job i usually recommend waitressing, esp at a korean or japanese resturant b/c their food is usually really expensive, which means tips are usually higher than other restuarants (i could be wrong). if you wnat to waitress, i dont recommend chinese restuarnts b/c i've done it before and they really stress quick dishes (wait like 10-15 min for the first dish to come out) and you have to do everything in a rush and tips are kind of bad b/c chiense food is kind of cheap.

oh yeah for waitressing you usually have to be at least 17 b/c u have to serve alchohal nd stuff

other than that i'd also look into retail stores taht you like b/c you can get huge discounts hahaha

Guest xmoogle

i work at the swimming pool as a lifeguard in seattle. i just turned 16 a couple months ago

starting wage is $12.55. :D

Guest flyaway

retail, clerk work? -__-""

ask ur work experience person

ours knows about all the good jobs. lol

The minimum age for working at Starbucks is 16, not 18. I work at a Starbucks in NJ and I get paid $7.75 an hour, which is pretty decent pay if you're a teenager. Depending on your store manager, hours are pretty flexible. You get good benefits like a pound of coffee or a box of tea a week, and 30% off anything as long as you have your partner card/number.

Plus if you work during college, your SM may get in contact with the corporate Sbux office and fix you up an internship either in your area or in their main HQ in Seattle. It's a good job, I highly recommend it, plus they are in the Fortune top 100 companies to work for.

How old are you? I'd so love to work at Starbucks. There's at least one on every freaking block whenever I go to downtown Seattle. It's amazing.

i work at the swimming pool as a lifeguard in seattle. i just turned 16 a couple months ago

starting wage is $12.55. :D

Which swimming pool do you work at?

Guest Tetra

I'm getting a job at the city's Transportation and Works...thing.

But that's only cause of connections.

Guest rukia

How old are you? I'd so love to work at Starbucks. There's at least one on every freaking block whenever I go to downtown Seattle. It's amazing.

Right now I'm 18. I started working for Starbucks when I was 17, so the minimum age hire isn't 18, at least in NJ. But I can't say the same for other states, where it might be different. You should really call the nearest store just to make sure.

Guest precious4e

Well i'm not a teenager anymore but when I was I worked at:

Doctor's Clinic as a receptionist

Summer Day Camp instructor

Guest x__simply lost

I currently work at Dairy Queen... it's not fun -___-' i work in the front, so i haveto stand there and listen to this one lady complain about the buns in hte past.. then 2 days later come back threaten to sue us... o_o'

any ways i get paid $7.00/hr since this is my first job but after woring 80 hours? I think i get paid $8.00

I want to do waitressing before moving on to retail.. i kinda of want to work at white spot =X

Guest NANI*

i have a job @ Kumon math & reading learning center...had that job for almost 2 years now..started when i was a sophomore in 2004 o___O

Archived