[Drama 2012] Shut Up: Flower Boy Band 닥치고 꽃미남 밴드

Guest robori

[tvN] Kim Min-seok, L, Sung Joon, Lee Hyun-jae, and Yoo Min-kyu. tumblr_lwhpej41e31qcx2tvo1_1280.png

suffbposter1.jpg
Title: Shut Up: Flower Boy Band/ Flower Boy Band: Eye Candy
Korean Title: 꽃미남 밴드 : 안구정화
Genre: Youth Romance Drama
Director: Lee Kwon
Screenwriter: Seo Yoon-hee
Production Company: CJ E&M
Broadcast network: tvN
Episodes: 16
Expecting Date: January 30,2012
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 11PM KST
Official Website: Link

tumblr_lwhnzpK4bg1qcx2tvo2_250.png
suec7.jpg
(L-R) Yoo Min-kyu, L, Jo Boa, Sung Joon, Kim Min-seok, Jung Eui-chul and Lee Hyun-jae

tumblr_lxlb7fZqec1qcx2tvo2_1280.png
Sung Joon as Kwon Ji-hyuk
Ji-hyuk’s two years younger than Byung-hee, but knows him better than anyone. After three years of being in the band, his ears have sharpened and he’s able to pick out the other members’ mistakes…and the weaknesses in Byung-hee’s songs. It makes him want to step in and fix things. And then he and his buddies transfer to Jungsang High School, and that’s when things start to change.

He meets Byung-hee’s muse Su-ah through a chance encounter, and suddenly the stable world Ji-hyuk has known with his buddies starts to shake.

The new school is home to a band that becomes their rival, named Strawberry Fields, and is comprised of three perfect princes from shining backgrounds with strong technical music skills. The leader has a thing for Su-ah too, which, naturally, complicates matters. (cr:dramabeans)

tumblr_lxlb7fZqec1qcx2tvo1_1280.png
L/Myung Soo, as Lee Hyun-soo
Guitarist of Eye Candy, known in their neighborhood as the Ice Prince. He used to be best friends with Ji-hyuk until Byung-hee came along, so now Hyun-soo feels like his best friend got stolen away from him. Everybody’s close within the band, but he can’t help but feel sad about losing that formerly tight relationship.

Hyun-soo has strong guitar skills, but onstage he’s overshadowed by Byung-hee and Ji-hyuk. He vows to himself to become number 1, someday, so he picks up his guitar and practices long into the night on his own. (cr:dramabeans)

tumblr_lxlb7fZqec1qcx2tvo5_1280.png
Yoo Min-kyu as Kim Ha-jin
Ha-jin is the bassist, the Casanova. “If you ask why he’s into music, he’d answer, ‘To get girls!’” He may get mistaken for the young master in a rich family, but as it turns out he’s got six noonas with barely a bean to split amongst them. He can thank the bevy of sisters for his knowledge of girls, picking up tips and tricks… except that in front of the girl he really likes, he can’t make any use of them. Ha. (cr:dramabeans)

tumblr_lxlb7fZqec1qcx2tvo4_1280.png
Lee Hyun-jae as Jang Do-il
Drummer Do-il is so taciturn that he won’t speak unless somebody speaks to him first. In fact, the others don’t know much about him, even though his mother operates a billiards hall that the boys use as their rehearsal space. He’s got an aura of mystery as a result.

Do-il doesn’t get caught up in fights, but there are rumors that once he raises his fists, he transforms into a beast. He hates violence, which ties back to his father. Nobody knows that but Ji-hyuk, who keeps his mouth shut for his friend’s sake, and Do-il is grateful… but on the other hand, there’s this girl he likes, who likes Ji-hyuk… (cr:dramabeans)

tumblr_lxlb7fZqec1qcx2tvo3_1280.png
Kim Min-seok as Seo Kyung-jong
Kyung-jong is the keyboardist, the cutie of the group. But his personality differs from that baby face, and his number 1 goal in life is money. He’s from Busan, and in order to get away from the reputation of being Fish Boy (his parents have a fish store), he transfers to school in Seoul. His parents think Dongnae is the best school in the neighborhood, not realizing its reputation for being the Crap Tank, so Kyung-jong keeps that a secret from them, and ends up transferring to Jungsang. (cr:dramabeans)

tumblr_lxtves1Lyc1qcx2tvo1_1280.png
Jo Boa as Su-ah
She attends Jungsang High and goes from princess to pauper overnight. Raised in a wealthy home, she suddenly has to figure out how to take care of herself, moving into a tiny rooftop room alone and taking on odd jobs that she’s clumsy at. She chooses to pull herself up by the bootstraps rather than whine (always a plus in my book), and because of her pride she keeps the news from her friends. Instead, she keeps a positive attitude and turns to the internet to figure out how to do things around the household.

Then there are the new boys who transfer to her school, like that Byung-hee guy (Lee Min-ki) who keeps calling her his “muse,” whom she just can’t figure out. On the other hand, there’s his friend Ji-hyuk (Sung Joon), whom she meets by chance on the neighboring rooftop. They start to share their secrets, as the attraction builds. But there’s also Strawberry Fields’ leader Seung-hoon, her schoolmate and other admirer. (cr:dramabeans)

tumblr_lxtves1Lyc1qcx2tvo2_1280.png
Jung Eui-chul as Seung-hoon
Seung-hoon’s all technique and precision, but truth be told, he lacks fire and he knows it. That’s part of his aggravation with the Eye Candy boys — he can see that their raw, charismatic performances have the power to move people, and that makes him uneasy since he lacks that. He’s a rich boy who feels stifled by his controlling parents, and part of his antagonism stems from insecurity. (cr:dramabeans)

shutup_55.jpg
Lee Min Ki as Byung-hee
Normally easy with the smiles and cheerfully innocent, if you mess with his temper he’ll transform into a crazy fighter. The only person who can get Byung-hee to calm down in this state is Ji-hyuk, his super-close best friend.

Byung-hee lives every day like it’s his last, doing whatever he wants, pouring his passion into his music, writing and composing songs. He prepares for a band competition in secret, looks for his muse, and finds it in a girl, Su-ah. (cr:dramabeans)

tumblr_lwhnzpK4bg1qcx2tvo7_250.png

Shut Up:Flower Boy Band is about a band consisting of handsome, free-spirited high school boys. The show will tell the story of their friendship, their passion for music, and their loves.

tumblr_lwhnzpK4bg1qcx2tvo4_400.png

tumblr_ly3dgoyARe1qh1gd1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lwhnzpK4bg1qcx2tvo9_400.png
~First Teaser
~Second Teaser
~

~Fourth Teaser

tumblr_lwhnzpK4bg1qcx2tvo8_250.png
~Cast and preview revealed for tvN’s Shut Up: Flower Boy Band
~INFINITE’s L to star in new drama, ‘Shut Up Flower Boy Band’
~Shut Up Flower Boy Band’s lead singer rocks out
~L’s character stills for Shut Up: Flower Boy Band
~“Shut Up, Flower Boy Band” Will Be Better Than “Boys Over Flowers?”
~Lee Min-ki makes a cameo in Shut Up: Flower Boy Band
~Official Character Photos of Shut Up: Flower Boy Band's Bassist Yoo Min Kyu
~Relationship charts and stills galore for Shut Up: Flower Boy Band
~Second ‘Flower Boy Band’ Teaser Released
~Female lead and second teaser for Shut Up: Flower Boy Band
~Jung Eui-chul joins Shut Up as a rival flower boy
~Press conference day for cast of Shut Up: Flower Boy Band

tumblr_lwhnzpK4bg1qcx2tvo10_250.png
Lee Min-ki - Not In Love

tumblr_lwhnzfJvJZ1qh32ts.png

Rating Episode 1 > average = 1.80% > to the peak = 1.90%
Rating Episode 2 > average = 2.20% > to the peak = 2.70%
Rating Episode 3 > average = 1.42% > to the peak = 2.50%
Rating Episode 4 > average = 1.72% > to the peak = 2.07%
Rating Episode 5 > average = 2.40% > to the peak = 2.70%
Rating Episode 6 > average = 2.70% > to the peak = 3.10%
Rating Episode 7 > average = 1.19% > to the peak = 1.48%
Rating Episode 8 > average = 2.13% > to the peak = 2.43%
Rating Episode 9 > average = 2.03% > to the peak = 2.26%
Rating Episode 10 > average = 2.39% > to the peak = 2.86%

tumblr_lwhnzpK4bg1qcx2tvo3_250.png

Please be advised that you will need to follow Soompi's Code of Conduct specifically those rules/regulations that apply to the K-Drama/Movie Forum. So please read them before posting: Code of Conduct and K Drama & Movie Rules

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys we are inviting you to join us in facebook page Flower Boy Band

about:

A drama about a pretty boy band.

Edited: 

Flower Boy Band Shut Up is about a band consisting of handsome, free-spirited high school boys. The show will tell the story of their friendship, their passion for music, and their loves.

Guys we are inviting you to join us in facebook page Flower Boy Band

about:

A drama about a pretty boy band.

Edited: 

Flower Boy Band Shut Up is about a band consisting of handsome, free-spirited high school boys. The show will tell the story of their friendship, their passion for music, and their loves.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a question.. who do you think will be the female lead in this drama? or is there any rumors already about her? lol

Guest f0reveralways

LOL so many flower boy dramas lately xD

I recognize three guys from the cast!

the guy from Infinite! (L)

the guy from Lie to Me (Sung Joon)

the guy from Color of Woman (Lee Hyun Jae)

huhuhuhu. I'm curious how this drama will turn out.

LOL so many flower boy dramas lately xD

I recognize three guys from the cast!

the guy from Infinite! (L)

the guy from Lie to Me (Sung Joon)

the guy from Color of Woman (Lee Hyun Jae)

huhuhuhu. I'm curious how this drama will turn out.

yes! you're right about them! lee hyun jae is also a real-life drummer of rock band Mate btw ;)

and there will be more flower boy dramas because of the Oh Boy Project.. this is just the second drama! yay for us!!

I am excited to see this because of L and Lee Hyun Jae.

I like the theme of tvN's "Flower Boy" concept too

thanks for creating this thread and hopefully once it starts it will attract more viewers!

aww! thank you so much! im also so excited!! i hope they'll cast a lead actress that would give

justice to her role~ hehe.. i actually have someone in my mind ;)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a question.. who do you think will be the female lead in this drama? or is there any rumors already about her? lol

sorry dear I just repy your question about.. I think yes but coz most of drama is always have a female lead, but since no announcements yet...

by the way this the temporary Official site..I think they still working the for this..

http://tvn.lifestyle...teaser_band.asp

Edit:

BTS Trailer

from CJndrama

flower10.jpg

hello! can anyone translate these?? please?:)

<닥치고 꽃미남밴드> : 16부작으로 제작될 드라마 <닥치고 꽃미남밴드>는 자유분방한 고등학생 밴드를 중심으로 패기 넘치는 청춘들의 우정과 사랑, 음악을 향한 뜨거운 열정을 담게 될 것으로 알려져 있어요. 아직 홈페이지 조차 개설되지 않아, 캐스팅 외에 세부적인 내용은 알려져 있지 않은데요. 과연 어떤 드라마일지, <닥치고 꽃미남밴드>의 마음을 뒤흔들 여주인공은 누가 맡게 될 지 굉장히 궁금하네요.

<닥치고 꽃미남 밴드> 꽃미남 후보 1 : 성준

%B8%F0%B5%A8_%BC%BA%C1%D8.jpg?type=w2

밴드의 리더이자 보컬 권지혁 役

성준은 이미 패션계에서는 유명한 인사인데요. 본명은 방성준으로 1990년 7월 10일생, 올해 22살의 나이로 모델계의 탑클래스에 올랐다가 지금은 탤런트로 전향하여 활동 중이에요. 과거 비욘드 클로짓 컬렉션 모델을 시작으로, S/S 파리컬렉션에서도 활약한 그는 우리나라의 3대 모델 에이전시이자, 현재 가장 핫한 매니지먼트사인 CHOII(초이)에 속해있는데요. 2011년부터는 본격적으로 연기에도 도전하여 영화 <위험한 흥분>, 드라마 <화이트 크리스마스> 등에서 얼굴을 비추기도 하였죠. 그가 본격적으로 이름을 알린 것은 윤은혜, 강지환 주연의 SBS 드라마 <내게 거짓말을 해봐>를 통해서 인데요. 극 중에서 강지환의 동생인 '현상희'를 맡아 신인치고는 굉장히 안정적인 연기를 보여주었어요. 앞으로 모델 성준이, 연기자 성준으로 당당히 자리잡을 수 있을지 궁금한데요. 이번 작품을 기회로 이민기, 강동원 급의 청춘스타로 성장해나가게 되길 바랍니다!

<닥치고 꽃미남 밴드> 꽃미남 후보 2 : 인피니트 엘

%C0%CE%C7%C7%B4%CF%C6%AE_%BF%A4.jpg?type=w2

세컨드 기타를 맡고 있는 시크한 매력의 이현수 役

인피니트에서 비쥬얼을 담당하고 있는 엘은 이번 드라마를 통해서 정식으로 연기자에 도전하는데요. 이전에도 일본 드라마인 <지우 경시청특수범수사계>에서 범인 역으로 출연하여 한 차례 연기 경험을 쌓았다고 해요. 엘의 본명은 김명수로 1992년 3월 13일 생, 올해 스무살 꽃띠인데요. 올 한 해 인피니트가 <내꺼하자>, <파라다이스> 등을 통해 큰 사랑을 받았던 것이 출연에 결정적인 계기가 되지 않았나 합니다. 극 중에서는 세컨드 기타를 맡고 있는 시크한 매력의 이현수 역을 맡았다고 하는데요. 과연 어떤 연기를 선보일 지 궁금하네요.

<닥치고 꽃미남 밴드> 꽃미남 후보 3 : 이현재

%C0%CC%C7%F6%C0%E7.jpg?type=w2

과묵한 드러머 장도일 役

제가 개인적을 가장 기대를 하고 있는 연기자는 바로 장도일 역의 이현재인데요. 이현재는 촉망받는 인디밴드 메이트의 드러머이자 모델로 활동 중인 신인 연기자랍니다. 제가 이현재를 처음 본 것은 <플레이>라는 영화를 통해서 였는데요. 그 때도 음악 영화에 드러머로 출연하더니 이번 드라마 역시 과묵한 드러머 장도일 역으로 출연한다고 하더라고요. 할아버지가 미국인으로 쿼터 혼혈인 그는 이국적인 외모와 훤칠한 키, 그리고 뛰어난 음악실력을 앞세워 여심을 공략할 예정이라고 하는데요. 재미있는 사실 중 하나는 본인은 혼혈이지만 영어 한마디 할 줄 모르는 토종 한국인이라고 해요! 제가 봤을 땐 이번 드라마를 통해 가장 주목을 받을 신인이 아닌가 싶은데요! 앞으로 다재다능한 그의 행보에 기대를 가져봅니다.

닥치고 꽃미남 밴드> 꽃미남 후보 4 : 유민규

%C0%AF%B9%CE%B1%D4.jpg?type=w2

여심을 울리는 베이스 김하진 役

tvN에서 하는 <꽃미남 캐스팅, 오!보이>의 우승자로 이번 드라마에 합류하게 된 유민규는 원래 DCM 소속의 모델이었는데요. 88cm라는 키에 선한 마스크가 인상적인 그는 2007년 서울컬렉션 모델로 시작하여 폴 앤 앨리스 등 다양한 브랜드의 모델로 활동하였어요. 2011년 tvN에서 열린 오보이를 통해 과감히 연기자로의 전향을 시도하였는데요. 아직 대표작도 없는 정말 신인 중의 신인인 그! 앞으로 시원시원한 워킹만큼 훌륭한 연기도 보여주길 바랄게요!

<닥치고 꽃미남 밴드> 꽃미남 후보 5 : 김민석

%B1%E8%B9%CE%BC%AE.jpg?type=w2

귀요미 담당 키보드 서경종 役

일명 슈퍼스타K 3의 횟집청년으로 인기몰이를 한 김민석 역시 이 드라마에 출연 예정이라고 하는데요. 그가 맡은 역할은 귀요미 담당 키보디스트 서경종이라고 해요. 올해 개최된 슈퍼스타K3에서 윤종신의 칭찬을 받으며 슈퍼위크에까지 올랐던 김민석 은 탈락에도 불구하고, 가장 먼저 러브콜을 받아 CJ E&M에 새로운 둥지를 틀었어요. 아직 가수로 활동할지 연기자로 활동할 지 확실히 정하지는 않았지만, 드라마를 통해서 먼저 인사를 드리게 되었다고 하는데요. 드라마도 좋지만, 본인이 원하는 음악인으로서의 꿈도 놓치지 않고, 내년엔 인기에 힘입어 앨범도 출시했으면 좋겠네요!

The script for episode 1 and 2!!!

Omo soo excited for this drama!!!

scriptcopy.jpg

Edit:

sungjun01.jpg

sungjun1.jpg

Sung Jun transformed into the charismatic leader of Handsome band.

Sung Jun this charismatic actor has transformed into the rock band leader.

tvN delivers with this new drama ' Flower Boy Band: Shut Up "(screen play by; Seo Yoon-hee, directed by Lee Kwon ) a high school rock band' Shut up ' leader Kwon Ji-Hyuk (Sung Jun)public station was undertaken.

Sung Jun from the famous Japanese singer and actor Takuya Kimura, charisma serves to remind us has become a hot topic among netizens.

Drama 'Shut up and handsome band came together - is a story about a high school rock band and how they deal with friendship, relationships, and their passion for music.

This Photos is the drama photoshoot:

sungjun2.jpg

sungjun4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest robori

L’s character stills for Shut Up: Flower Boy Band

shutup6.jpg

shutup5.jpg

shutup4.jpg

Idol-turned-actor L from the group Infinite is the second rocker boy to get his character stills released for upcoming drama Shut Up: Flower Boy Band, after series lead Sung Joon. That seems appropriate; Groupie Law says lead singer first, then the guitarist, right?

L looks like the most buttoned-up rock guitarist ever, but he’s playing the chic, pulled-together member; he can leave the bird’s-nest hair to his vocalist bandmate. Fitting, I suppose, that his character also goes by the nickname “Ice Prince.”

I’m guessing we’ll see the stills trickle out one by one till we’ve got the rest of the cast covered. In case you’re counting, we’ve got three boys left to go: Lee Hyun-jae, the drummer of rock band Mate as well as the drama’s fictional band; Kim Min-seok from reality program Superstar K 3; and Yoo Min-kyu, plucked from Flower Boy Casting: Oh! Boy.

Shut Up: Flower Boy Band is a Monday-Tuesday drama that airs on tvN beginning January 30.

s:dramabeans/osen

Another news here...

“Shut Up, Flower Boy Band” Will Be Better Than “Boys Over Flowers?”

“Flower Boys” are a popular concept used in dramas. “Coffee Prince,” “Boys Over Flowers,” “Heartstrings,” and “Flower Boys Ramen Shop” have all used this concept. The flower boy definitely scratches an itch for female fans and usually the dramas will expand beyond Korea to overseas fans.

tvN’s new Mon-Tue drama “Shut Up, Flower Boy Band,” is supposed to be a new type of teenage romance drama. Here are the 3 reasons you should watch it.

1) Fresh Character Concepts

Usually the “Flower Boys” that appear in other drama are rich. But the ones in this drama are dirt poor! They are merely high school students who strive for their dreams. The PD of the show stated, “We will show you rugged characters. These characters are not going to give their all for the female characters, instead their only passion are their dreams.”

2) The Drama Is More Real

The drama will show the lives of teenagers living in various environments from rich to poor. The PD stated, “This drama will show a more real picture of teenagers living for their dreams. I want actual teenagers to watch the drama and think to themselves, ‘What do I want to do with my life?’”

3) The Actors Will Refresh Your Eyes

Staying true to its name, “Shut Up, Flower Boy Band” has characters that are beautiful and handsome. The PD stated, “Each actor has the personality and look that fits perfect well with his character.  Although the ‘Boys Over Flowers.’ Did a great job, I expect more from these actors.”

From  Soompi

Guest robori

1326073246_256654.jpg

Lee Min Ki will be making a special appearance on tvN’S new 2012 offering Shut Up: Flower Boy Band. If I got the translations correct, he’ll be playing a sexy, soulful musical talent (legend?) armed with overwhelming charisma, and I think he’ll have a profound impact on the five flower boys.

I’m not sure if these images are from the drama, but they’re the ones being spread throughout the entertainment sites … so, perhaps we can expect him to be hammed up in this fashion for his cameo.

source:couchkimchi

EDIT:

Is this a fitting cameo or what? Lee Min-ki will be making a special appearance in tvN’s upcoming Shut Up: Flower Boy Band, playing a rocker. His character, Byung-hee, leads his band with his “4-D charm and musical talent, possessing both charisma and a pure spirit.” He has a big influence on the music scene of which the drama’s main characters are a part, and may be just a little bit crazy.

This is pretty much perfect casting, as far as I’m concerned, because it fits his image to a tee. In fact, Lee Min-ki would’ve been the ideal hero for a drama like this if he were younger, or if it had come earlier in his career; he is to the pretty-but-tough-rocker image what Jang Geun-seok is to the pretty-boy idol image. Plus, as we know, Lee Min-ki has a pretty strong interest in music himself; he put out an album and has performed live in the past.

Lee Min-ki’s cameo will only span two episodes, but that’s the nature of cameos, I suppose. His appearance is attributed to his connection to producer Park Sung-hye, the head of the Oh Boy Project, who was also the reason for Kim Hye-soo‘s cameo in Episode 1 of Flower Boy Ramyun Shop.

Shut Up: Flower Boy Band will premiere on January 30 and run for 16 episodes on tvN.

CREDIT: Star News via dramabeans

Guest kayana20

I think I might be excited to watch this with all the eye candy going on they all are so handsome. Did they release who the main females are who will be paired with each of them ?

bassistfbb1.jpg

Shut Up: Flower Boy Band persists on teasing, releasing only bits of photos/stills … Is it to keep the band members seem mysterious?

Well, Yoo Min Kyu plays bassist Kim Ha Jin in the show, and he’s the third band member whose official photos have been unveiled. Last week, official character photos of Lie To Me‘s Sung Joon and Infinite’s L were published.

Shut Up: Flower Boy Band is Min Kyu’s debut as an actor, having won the reality show Flower Boy Casting: Oh Boy! If I understand correctly, his character has a Casanova reputation in the tvN drama.

source: the star via couchkimchi

Archived