Achieving White milky Skin

Guest medz_15

Guest medz_15

In Asia, being white or light skinned has become very popular. For the longest time, women, in general, have attempted to whiten their facial skin. In fact, most cultures considered women with the whitest skin the most beautiful, bringing forth the need for cosmetics. That was the case 3000 years ago, when Greek and Roman women smeared lead paint and chalk on their faces to “fake” having whiter skin (and cancer, unfortunately). However, the obsession with white skin has greatly evolved, shifting from beauty to a sign of social class.

According to sunlesstanning.ws, there are a couple asian dermatological differences to take into account:

1. Hyperpigmentation (dark spots) has an earlier onset than wrinkles and laxity (loss of firmness) on Asian skin (compared to Caucasians).

2. The Japanese have the lightest skin tone; thus, Japanese women have low melanin and skin redness. The Indians have the darkest skin tone, and therefore high melanin content and skin redness.

3. Asian skin has a better behavior during cooler months; because of reduced sun exposure, Asian women’s skin has better biomechanical properties such as elasticity and structures (collagen).

4. Skin becomes yellowish with age and this is more visible in Chinese and Korean skin than other racial groups.

5. Japanese skin has the best condition (least deterioration with age), while Indian skin has the worst.

Due to these factors, Asians have viewed whiter skin with significance for centuries. In that time, pale skin has represented sophistication, innocence, femininity, and higher social stature. Consequently, In search of that whiter skin, Asian women will do just about anything:

They’ll cover their faces in 102 Degree Weather.:blink:

So anyways..i know cosmetics and other products are sometimes far too expensive..

What natural things can you do to whiten your skin?? i'll start the ball rolling: Besides applying moisturizer and putting on sunscreen and spf15 and up things... you can use lemon (lemon is a natural bleaching agent) and you can add either honey (to soften your skin and to make it more supple. Or yoghurt (softens and lightens skin..)

Or

you can bath in rice water...or natural oaths ..and squeez some lemon in it ....

What other ways can you lighten your skin?....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ agree I naturally just don't go out in the sun cause I don't really like being hot and sweaty...

but I think it's also a bit of genetics...I was born freaking pale X_X

LOL and now my friends say I like glow cause I'm too pale T__T

hmm well whitening sunscreens I've heard work too

Guest Tofu_Cloud

Most asians with white skin are BORN WITH WHITE SKIN.

Believe me... i have a asian friend (south east asian) tried EVERY whitening skincare product to make her skin like east asian white skin and it doesnt work.

It's very rare to use all these products and have natural white skin like the asians who naturally have white skin. That doesn't mean to say you cannot brighten and make your skin radiant and more even tone (which is the reason why most ppl do use whitening products)

Japanese and Koreans are the one i see BORN with actual white skin flawless skin.

I've never seen a caucasian person or SE asian with white skin before. White ppl tend to have pink undertones, freckles, and u can see their capillaries,spots, they have weak skin, fizzy face skin, it's not as thick as asians skin, that's why you see their blue/purple veins in their faces sometimes.That's my it kinda makes me laugh when uneducated racist ppl think asians are trying to lightening their skin to look like a white person.. o_O. SE asians are olive tone or yellowtoned. For me, if i were to want to whitening my skin or switch skin.... wouldnt it be better to generalize that i want asian skin then white person's skin?

My opinion anyways, but to generalize, i wanna stay far from aging skin. When asians say they want to have their white skin like koreans or Japanese that's fine, but when white people attack and say asians want to copy their skin, that is OBVIOUSLY not the case and it doesn't even make sense. I've SEEN girls my age who are caucasian......i've taken a good look under their makeup.. O_O......between mine and theirs... i rather have mine. I think my mom's skin is even better...

White skin means (even tone light skin) white skin does NOT refer to "white people" skin. Clearly. lol.

Guest deedlit

well with above I have to disagree..

There are alot of caucasian people that have fair white skin, without their veins being seen,

like people from sweden have really nice skintone. But European people ... for some reason

don't like to be white at all.. they go to the beach and tan and thats what everyone does in spring/summer.

My mom is Dutch thus white and right now she is really pale but in summer she looks like a coconut

and she is always like why I dont go in the sun.. well to avoid to be that tan in summer x3.

Well I've been than a few times, but generally I don't get a than in Holland because it's always bad weather

and when it's good weather the sun doesn't affect that much. But when I went to Japan this summer

and even with factor 50 sunscreen I became like really than. It quite wore off.. since it's not that warm anymore,

but looking around here.. I would say 90% of all japanese woman have tan especially the children.

So I wouldn't say they were born with a natural white skin, since everyone is really tan

especially the ones that work out outside in summer or sport activities (like tennis or swimming team..really tan).

The ones that are actually white use like 10kg make-up foundation thats like 3 tones lighter then their own

and alot of red/pink blush. And it's common to have an umbrella in daylight. Not to forget alot wear masks too.. lol.

As for korean people they should have the same skin color, but Japanese that live in Hokkaido should be whiter.

The koreans I've seen in Korean Town and in my school that study Japanese are quite tanned as well, I wonder.

So the only advice I can give to stay or become white,

move to sweden :>, or become good at applying make-up and stay inside or don't go outside when the sun is the

strongest (around 3/4pm in summer? winter shouldn't matter..).

And yeah.. skin that has never seen daylight is surely white.

And you also get whiter 'in pictures' when the sun shines >: D or if you don't want to go outside,

stay inside and put all lamps on :>. Or just use iphone..bad quality always gets contrast white

and the edges might be a bit yellow but who cares :>.

--------------------

example

Ebihara-Yuri-7.jpg

looks white, not to forget she is a make-up model for shiseido...

click to see same model

same model without the professional photographers and reflecting light things.

Well you can prevent your skin from getting darker than your original skin tone, but you shouldn't bet too much effort and energy on getting paler than what you are. Hydroquinone, arbutin, even AHA and BHA are chemicals used, when correctly, for people with hyperpigmentation, thus it whitens the skin by either reducing the cells' melanin production or peeling off the darken cells. With normal skin, you should seriously consider it dangerous if any cream or products make your skin whiter than originally in a short lapse of time. A cream that whiten after like 1 year of using is in my opinion a lot safer than one that bleaches your skin in less than 2-3 months.

The oatmeal bath and those natural remedies mentioned are simply mild treatment to peel off the already "dark" skin or in other words, cells that have adjusted its melanin level to the amount of UV rays exposed daily. If you keep having sun exposition, you skin will get darker if your body judges that you need melanin to protect yourself from the harmful effects of UV rays on your DNA and such. UV rays are no joke honey :P Your body takes it seriously! Trying to peel off your skin too much or inhibiting melanin production makes your skin a lot more sensitive to the sun, thus you actually can develop hyperpigmentation more easily. Lemon is an example of suck thing. It is so acid

So stay out of the sun as much as you can if you don't want to darken your skin more. If you want to get paler than the way your skin was born with, change your genetics. Please sense the sarcasm for that.

^ I agree with a lot of the above.

You can definitely do things to help prevent your skin from getting darker than it already is but actually trying to lighten your skin color from it's natural state may do more harm than good in the long run.

This doesn't answer your question but my advice would be to embrace your skin as it is and do the best you can to take care of it rather than physically and chemically try to change and alter what your genetics naturally gifted you. :) Beautiful skin tone isn't limited to a specific color.

Guest MuaRiza

People shoould shut up! obviously some peopel prefer light skin as int he case with dita von teese and burlesque women, otehrs prefer dark skin. Its personal preference. Instead of preaching yor own views, she didnt ask for a lecture..she asked for tips! its mainly the bitter dark ones who have issues that not everyone likes dark skin

I suggest exfoliating,staying out the sun when its most active,drinking lots of water,lightening it.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

People shoould shut up! obviously some peopel prefer light skin as int he case with dita von teese and burlesque women, otehrs prefer dark skin. Its personal preference. Instead of preaching yor own views, she didnt ask for a lecture..she asked for tips! its mainly the bitter dark ones who have issues that not everyone likes dark skin

I suggest exfoliating,staying out the sun when its most active,drinking lots of water,lightening it.

^ :huh: Chillax..Their was only one person who gave a semi "lecture"...No need to get PMS'd over this.

And I agree with other people. Just stay out of the sun and use sunblock.

Guest Emberlee

I'm Caucasian, and I have white skin without it being weak or whatever. My grandparents are from Germany, and all of us were extremely pale. O: But I'd be a little cautious about any whitening product. Use natural methods and you'll be fine! Exfoliate and take great care of your skin, so that if you get paler, your skin won't look dull. It's super hard sometimes to keep your skin looking bright and healthy when you're paler. And make sure to wear sunscreen EVERYDAY. Even if it's raining...EVERY SINGLE DAY. I always wear an SPF35.

Also, you don't want to get too light! Take it from me. XD I am so pale that I have to blend the lightest concealers into the lightest foundation I've found and it's still too dark.

Guest omgitssuperash

i thought everyone here would be talking about whitening soap but i guess it's not as popular as i thought it was. @_@  i used to be suuuper dark from as long as i can remember to about.. seventh or eighth grade when i started using whitening soaps daily.  i'm chinese but people would always think i was filipino because my skin was so dark! like my face was brownish.. and my arms were kind of blackish.  ):  but now i'm really white and fair!  i buy whitening soap.. which costs about $2-4 a bar and last a month.  since the whitening soap makes my skin so thin and easily sunburned (i used to never sunburn, just get tan!), i rarely go out in the sun.. not that i would want to, since i live in las vegas D:  on some days, i use bb cream.. which i think one of its functions is to make your skin whiter.. can't remember. >.<  anyways, i'm pretty sure that whitening soap did the trick.  when i first started using it, i would use at least 5 minutes washing my face twice a day.. and after a few months i got really fair. (: now i use the whitening soap once every other day.

Guest Fatalchange

i thought everyone here would be talking about whitening soap but i guess it's not as popular as i thought it was. @_@  i used to be suuuper dark from as long as i can remember to about.. seventh or eighth grade when i started using whitening soaps daily.  i'm chinese but people would always think i was filipino because my skin was so dark! like my face was brownish.. and my arms were kind of blackish.  ):  but now i'm really white and fair!  i buy whitening soap.. which costs about $2-4 a bar and last a month.  since the whitening soap makes my skin so thin and easily sunburned (i used to never sunburn, just get tan!), i rarely go out in the sun.. not that i would want to, since i live in las vegas D:  on some days, i use bb cream.. which i think one of its functions is to make your skin whiter.. can't remember. >.<  anyways, i'm pretty sure that whitening soap did the trick.  when i first started using it, i would use at least 5 minutes washing my face twice a day.. and after a few months i got really fair. (: now i use the whitening soap once every other day.

Lol same here! I was so dark when I was in elementary school because I liked to go outside and swim a lot D: . My siblings would always comment on how dark I was, but I didn't really think it was such a big deal until I became more aware of my appearance. After that, I started using whitening soap, mainly Likas, and it really helped lighten my skin. Plus, all the summer, winter, and spring breaks with VERY little sun exposure made me really light too.

It seems we're the opposite! xD I'm Filipino (1/8 Chinese), but people mistake me for being full Chinese all the time XD (along with Vietnamese, Japanese, Thai...you name it o-o). Another weird thing is...I also live in Las Vegas xD. It's truly hell for the people who want to stay light during the summer o-o...

Anyway, like what a lot of people here said, your genetics play a pretty big role in how light you're able to get. If you and your family are naturally dark/tanned, chances are, you won't be able to achieve dramatic whitening. You can surely get lighter, but you won't be able to fully get the milky white skin...not with these tricks at least. For example, I'm Filipino and though most Filipinos tend to be on the tanned side, my family's skin is pretty fair. It's mostly from my mother's side since her family was very well-off in the Philippines and had little need to go out in the sun. She would even tell me stories of how my grandmother wouldn't let her and her siblings play outside when they were little (and even when they were older) because she didn't want them to get tanned o: . So naturally, I'm able to become lighter, it's just that I was extremely tanned when I was little...

So basically, my tips would be:

1.) Do not go out in the sun. Use your school breaks (winter, summer, spring) to hibernate! If you don't have PE for a class, then this shouldn't be very hard at all even during the school year!

2.) Whitening Soap. I recommend Likas or Koijic Acid Soap(sp check please). I also used a whitening product from Etude House, I can't remember the name, but it worked really well. It also used white clay(?) to reduce the amount of melanin your skin produced.

3.)SUN BLOCK. I use an SPF50+ sunblock ALL YEAR ROUND. Yes. Even during winter. Whenever you're going outside, put on sun block!

4.) If you're able to do all of these things together...DO IT.

+++Little tip, if you're trying to lighten your skin...whether its natural remedies or soaps...always wear sunblock. Not doing so could result in really dark and bad sun spots. It happened to one of my mom's friends, and well...It wasn't pretty ): These dark spots can't really be removed w/o professional help either.

holy crap i've discovered the most amazing breakthrough in skin whitening in history, and it's cheap and at home too! :DDDDDD

what i do is get rice flour/powder from the asian market and mix it with water to make a paste, then apply it to your skin like a mask for 15-20 minutes, and wash it off. let your skin dry, and it will give you a glowing complexion. you have to do it quite a few times to see a difference, but I SWEAR, THIS WORKS. c: i'll try posting pictures sometime.

In my last year of high school, I broke out like mad, and this severe acne lasted until I was 19 (major scarring all over face =(). When I was around 20, my skin completely cleared up and right now, I constantly get complimented on how great my skin looks, and how white it is. I've never really went out of my way to keep out of the sun and in fact have purposely stayed in the sun daily in the summer. Nothing much changes.

I think it's really a combination of genes, what you eat and general health.

To get glowy healthy skin I recommend exercise! I don't drink too much water, but I do exercise daily. Also, make a fruit smoothie daily! It's healthy and tastes great! My skin glows without any makeup, and I really DO think it's cos I exercise! It flushes the toxins out of your body, just like when you drink a ton of water.

Blend:

milk, small carton of yoghurt, frozen berries (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry), a medium sized banana and alittle bit of honey.

Drink up!

Oh! And DO get yourself a good toner. Don't be a cheapo on that.

But tbh, just be happy with what you have. I personally would rather be more tan. I make alot of effort in Spring and Summer just to get that golden tone on my body. It's frustrating to see other people have that, while it takes me half a year to get 1/3 that colour if I'm lucky. So you guys should be proud of your tans. That's what I'm aiming for right now. It's summer and my legs are finally kinda tan. -_-.

That model up there ^ her body looks so bad. Why would you want your figure to be that pale? Looks really unhealthy.

Getting a healthy tan makes ya look hotter imo lol.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fleaunoire

Ohhhh! <33  Could you please tell me what soaps you used? ^^

I use Likas Papaya soap along with AquaMoist C Whitening Lotion. 

Also I found that using plain green tea as a toner after a nice hot shower brightens the skin wonderfully! 

My skin has become less dull and slightly lighter since switching my skin care regime. 

Guest mukinsvivi

I used to be obsessed with keeping my skin pale. And when I look back on it..it was kind of silly. I bought loads of whitening soap, whitening cream, whitening mask, whitening toners, Sunblock SPF 70. Yeahh, I was very very strict on keeping my skin pale. But, as the years progress, I knew I was spending way too much money on whitening products and I started to slowly give them up. I rarely go out to the sun, and I stay inside most of the time. When I do go outside, I use an umbrella to cover my body and face and I wear a sunhat+ sunglasses. I NEVER let my skin hit direct sunlight..it's so scary! Lols. Drink lots of water and eat healthy for a natural glow (:. Stay away from the sun! I live in Florida and everyone compliments my skin, so I guess I must be doing something right? Puhaha..~

Guest ChrisHalina

i believe skin whitening takes great dedication. Having perfection in skin is key. Im currently in the process of making a BB cream for my line...I hope it does well!!

Im asking you guys what do you look for in a BB cream? 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flawless1

I think Asian skin is the nicest looking skin around.. Im a westerner so I have naturally white skin ,but my skin is super white so im quite lucky.  Most people in my country want to have tanned skin and spent countless hours in the sun . Im considered not attractive as my skin is so white. I used to hide my white legs and so shy if I was seen. But fortunately after I got married I changed. I married an Asian lady and she loved my white skin so I now love being white and never want to be tanned. I wear shorts and show my white legs often now.

My advice is what ever your skin color is you should love it . If you want healthy skin its best to stay out of the sun and use sunscreen and your skin will stay as white as it should. My wife has quite dark skin so we contrast each other quite a bit.

here is a picture of my white legs so you can see how white I am. This is my natural color. http://www.flawlesst...white_legs.html

Archived