Werid bumps/pimples on chin

Guest thankpeaches

Guest thankpeaches

This past month, I started to get a lot of pimples on my chin (which I heard were hormonal). But, along with that, I also started to get these clusters of bumps on my chin too. It doesn't look like a pimple (whitehead/blackhead/etc) but it's hard and doesn't have any opening/hole to 'push' out. When I touch it, the bumps are hard. I heard they were like clogged oil pores?? But I have NO idea how to get rid of them. I never had them before but they just came out of no where... Does anyone else know what this is and how to get rid of them? I've been putting on medicine and washing my face diligently. I also moisturize and exfoliate as well...

Help please? I'm trying to avoid going to the derm cause I don't have insurance atm...

EDIT:

I don't know if anyone wants to see how it looks, but here's a picture. Don't click the link if you don't want to see it. But I'M DESPERATE and would REALLY like to get rid of these. they're so disgusting to me. 

My picture

i have these on BOTH sides of my chin...

Guest panda.rider

I just had the same problem last month!!! They're these big red somewhat chunks of red bumps? I had them around my chin and had no idea how to deal with them. They're all gone now, but I have massive pigmentation scars now T_T

I thought it was hormonal at first too, but now i'm not really sure...Overtime the clusters started forming a small whitehead opening and that's when I went and popped them. I regret not forcing all the toxin blood out the first time since it was so painful because it grew back twice as big after T______T

I ended up using Neosporin (Maximum Strength) cream all over my chin and that seemed to calm it down and dry up the clusters. They slowly receded after and now they're all gone luckily!! I'm not sure if I just got lucky with Neosporin, I definitely don't recommend it because it did get really drying and started peeling after.

I really hope I don't have to go through that again. Anyways, I really wish you the best of luck!! Try to wait it out if you don't want to risk irritating it.

I've been getting those too!! For the first time this year D: I don't recommend this method, but I usually just use a needle to kinda poke around and peel the skin off so it scabs then after a week or so after a hot shower I push the hard "whitehead-y" thing out and then my skin goes flat! :D the only thing is, it scars =[ but for me, I'd rather have scars then a bumpy chin >___<

Guest thankpeaches

What color are they? Are they sensitive?

They're like small pearly white/skin colored bumps and they aren't sensitive.

I don't even know if they're pimples cause there's SO many of them and it's so small. It just feels hard when I rub my chin but other than that, they're useless. They're just there. They don't hurt or anything....

There's no hole either!! 

They're like small pearly white/skin colored bumps and they aren't sensitive.

I don't even know if they're pimples cause there's SO many of them and it's so small. It just feels hard when I rub my chin but other than that, they're useless. They're just there. They don't hurt or anything....

There's no hole either!! 

Could it be milia? http://en.wikipedia....m_%28disease%29

How big are they?

Also if they have no pore, it might be some sort of cystic acne. Maybe.

Which is really tough to get rid of.

Guest polkadotlace

my gosh i have them too, exactly how you described them! I found that exfoliating made them smoother and less noticeable. Apparently toothpaste may be a cause, not sure if that's the case with us though.

Guest thankpeaches

Could it be milia? http://en.wikipedia....m_%28disease%29

How big are they?

Also if they have no pore, it might be some sort of cystic acne. Maybe.

Which is really tough to get rid of.

Whenever I get cysts, they're usually big and very painful. But these are just clusters of small, harmless, hard, yet noticeable bumps... sigh

i thought it was milia but i'm not 100% sure. this is so stressful :(

Here's a picture (don't click if you don't want to see)

My picture

i have these one both sides of my chin.

I'm not 100% sure if it's milia or not; but, from your description it definitely sounds like milia.

Do you wear foundation often? And if so what brand do you use?

If you want to get rid of them I would suggest you to go to a professional esthetician. They'll most likely use a lancet to extract it (don't know if where ever you're from is legal for them to use lancets though).

Guest kuuki3z

homg. i have something similar to that too and for the first time this year!!

its not so apparent though and i can cover it concealer..

it started since i came to shanghai (dry winter) from singapore (humid and hot by comparison)

sigh. it doesnt hurt too.

but recently the heads appeared =D

i think a little exfoliation helps too.

all the best!! ^^

oh my gosh i have them too! but down my neck and chest ><.. ive been exfoliating diligently but they wont ever go away :(.. if you could find out a way to get rid of them it would be great!! there are also more on my armpit but those didn't appear for no reason (i think i had an allergic reaction to antiperspirant) while the ones on my neck and chest just gradually grew over time and would not go away :(

i have searched around and its definitely not milia or acne. DON'T poke it or force it out because i tried it once and it left a scar!!

those look like irritation i get along my arms when i don't exfoliate well enough. have you changed any part of your skincare routine or added a new product?

Whenever I get cysts, they're usually big and very painful. But these are just clusters of small, harmless, hard, yet noticeable bumps... sigh

i thought it was milia but i'm not 100% sure. this is so stressful :(

Here's a picture (don't click if you don't want to see)

My picture

i have these one both sides of my chin.

Oh yeah I had those. It'd be better to go a dermatologist.

But if you really don't want to... What I did was I would like squeeze the crap out of em, relentlessly.

It'd take about like 3 minutes to get the pus out of each one. And just because you see blood, doesnt mean all the pus is out.

But if you do this you'd probably get scars. Although I didn't really notice any scars really. There was one scar looking thing but then it disappeared. Some of them turned into actual poppable pimples (which I then got rid of easilly).

^^You can go ahead and do that if you don't really have any other options.

it's quite disgusting :)

but i notice that i easily get acne on my chin from strong mint toothpaste. That's why i use the toothpaste that only has little mint and keep get rid of the foam from my chin with water several times when i am brushing.

This past month, I started to get a lot of pimples on my chin (which I heard were hormonal). But, along with that, I also started to get these clusters of bumps on my chin too. It doesn't look like a pimple (whitehead/blackhead/etc) but it's hard and doesn't have any opening/hole to 'push' out. When I touch it, the bumps are hard. I heard they were like clogged oil pores?? But I have NO idea how to get rid of them. I never had them before but they just came out of no where... Does anyone else know what this is and how to get rid of them? I've been putting on medicine and washing my face diligently. I also moisturize and exfoliate as well...

Help please? I'm trying to avoid going to the derm cause I don't have insurance atm...

EDIT:

I don't know if anyone wants to see how it looks, but here's a picture. Don't click the link if you don't want to see it. But I'M DESPERATE and would REALLY like to get rid of these. they're so disgusting to me. 

My picture

i have these on BOTH sides of my chin...

Those are usually from eating A LOT of junk or fried foods o.e and other factors *can't remember* I get those too, but what you want to do is sometimes, you can see something white on the middle of them, and I usually, take a needle (safest way, because your finger might have germs etc) and i poke it right deeply in the middle, not too deep, just enough to pop it, and then what I do is I squeeze the stuff out, it's usually white, and when you see blood coming out instead, stop ^^ && I usually on the same spot, i do it two more times, one on the left, one on the right (because I already did it in the middle), if you get all the white stuff out you'll be fine. But make sure, GET ALL THE WHITE STUFF out or else, it'll just re-form xD, after that your pimple or w.e you call it will be like a big bump, red, but after a night (make sure you put some ointment), and it'll go down :D then it'll just heal ^^ I get those all the times on my face so >.< Hope this helps :D & It wont leave a scar if you use a needle, and when you squeeze it, put one finger on both sides of the pimple where you poked it and PRESS DOWN xD

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest chelseabauer

If they don't have a head but you are sure they are pimples, then it's a pimple caused by the inside. I get them all the time. It's in a way Bactria infection, the reason it won't go away with cleaning your face. The problem is not your skin but the inside, I usually go to the doctor and he gives me antibiotics and it helps clear it up great. Lotion your face so you won't scar if you open them like I tend to do from scratching.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest joyce2010

You could try using this skin care line from Lioele, its called AC control, they have this travel patch, its like these sticker you stick it on the pimple/bumps and it can help reduce redness. Or you can try the same line but this product is called AC control target treatment. This one is liquid and you would use a qtip and dot the spots where you have the pimple/redness. this can help reduce it as well. I Used the travel patch before and it worked pretty well, i got it at this place called sune you could try researching it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest boricha777

its most probably a hygiene thing (: ive had them on my elbows and stuff before (from resting them on public tables etc.)goes away in a few months.. but you really have to leave them alone. the more you touch them, the longer they'll stay!
1. disinfect them once u wake up (after washing face etc.) and before you go to bed (after washing face etc.)2. DON'T TOUCH THEM!! i understand u might have pimples and the sort, but never ever touch it them. if you do- disinfect them immediately.3. avoid applying make-up to that area! give your skin a break4. tea tree oil blemish sticks are helpful for pimples, black heads... everything (: apply 2 coatings before you go to bed after uve disinfected the area (:
hope i help!!

Archived