Genre: Melodrama
Episodes: 22
Broadcast Network: SBS
Broadcast Period: 2012-Jan-02 to 2012-March-13
Air Time: Monday & Tuesday @ 21:55 PM KST
Director: Jang Yung Chul & Jung Kyung Soon
  Screenwriter: Yoon In Sik

SYNOPSIS

Salaryman Cho Han Ji is based on ‘The Romance of the Three Kingdoms‘ set in the dark world of Salaryman workers.

This drama depicts the trial and tribulations of the average salaryman, from humble beginnings to success. This drama portrays the salaryman’s loneliness and isolation, struggles, sorrows, hopes and successes in a realistic light.

One night Oh Yoo Bang (Lee Bum Soo) enters a dark, mysterious villa with nothing but a flashlight, only to find an executive of the Chunha Medical Group, Jin Ho Hae slouched in a chair, dead and Jin Ho Hae’s niece, Baek Yeo Chi (Jung Ryu Won) hiding behind a curtain. At Jin Ho Hae’s funeral, Oh Yoo Bang and Baek Yeo Chi are suddenly taken into custody for his murder. We’re taken three months into the past to reveal what led to this murder and exactly who was responsible. During this flashback we meet Choi Hang Woo (Jung Gyu Woon), a director from Jin Ho Hae’s rival pharmaceutical company, who is undercover to steal the formula for their new drug and the Chief Researcher from Chunha Group, Cha Woo Hee (Hong Soo Hyun). The lives of these individuals will all be intertwined within these three months to reveal exactly just who murdered Jin Ho Hae, and why.

MAIN CAST

Lee Bum Soo as Oh Yoo Bang

Jung Ryu Won as Baek Yeo Chi
Jung Gyu Woon as Choi Hang Woo
Hong Soo Hyun as Cha Woo Hee

MINOR CAST

Kim Suh Hyung as Mo Ga Bi
Lee Duk Hwa as Jin Shi Hwang
Kim Il Woo as Jang Ryang
Yoon Yong Hyun as Bun Kwae
Lee Ki Young as Park Beom Jeung
Kim Eung Soo as Oh Ji Rak
Park Sang Myun as Jin Ho Hae
Jang Hyun Sung as Choi Hang Ryang

NEWS & INFORMATION

Lee Beom Soo and Lee Min Jung for "Salaryman"
Jung Ryeo Won and Jung Kyeo Woon to Join "Salaryman?"
SBS's "History of the Salaryman" Finalizes its Cast
"Salaryman" Jeong Kyeo-Woon Like a Wild Beast, Right from the Start
History of the Salaryman Releases Craziest Official Drama MV
MBLAQ's Lee Joon to Cameo in 'Salaryman Cho Han Ji'
Jung Gyu Woon Shows Six Pack Abs in Hot-Cold Shower
Jung Gyu Woon in Hilarious Helmet Photos
'History of Salaryman,' Comic Tribute to Breadwinners
Lee Bum Soo Races Through Flames for 'Salaryman'
Jung Ryu Won Self Destructing Image in 'Salaryman'
'Salaryman' Debuts with 8.7% Audience Rating
'Salaryman' Receives Rave Reviews from Viewers
Jung Ryu Won Displays Image of Female Elite
Hong Soo Hyun Exudes Sexy Appeal in Bra Top Hot Pant and Undresses to Bathe (Video)
Jung Gyu Woon and Kim Eung Soo Hit it Off in ‘History of Salaryman’
Jeong Ryeo-Won and Lee Beom-Soo in Handcuffs?
Salaryman: Hong Soo-Hyeon Starts Seducing Lee Beom-Soo
Lee Beom-Soo Saves Hong Soo-Hyeon
Lee Beom-Soo and Jeong Ryeo-Won's "Old Boy" Parody Causes Laughter
Salaryman Cho Han Ji: Comic Acting a Hit with Viewers
"Salaryman" Kim Il-Woo Cries Tears of Joy for Lee Beom-Soo and Yoon Yong-Hyeon
Jung Ryeo Won Displays Her Fighting Spirit in 'History of Salaryman'
"Salaryman" Kim Seo-Hyeong's Plan is Discovered by Jeong Kyeo-Woon
Jung Gyu Woon Published Loving Photo of 'Salaryman' Cast Members
"Salaryman" Jeong Kyeo-Woon Tries to Kiss Hong Soo-Hyeon
"Salaryman" Jeong Ryeo-Won Hints to Lee Beom-Soo, "Don't You Want to Marry Me?"
'History of Salaryman' Extends for 2 Episodes – Actors Accept Without Objection
A New Leader! 'Salaryman' Takes Over
Jung Gyeo Woon Surprises "Salaryman Cho Han Ji" Cast and Crew With a Snack Truck
"Salaryman" Hong Soo Hyun Causes an Accident
Fans Sent Birthday Gifts to Actress Hong Soo Hyun at the 'Salaryman' Filming Set
'Salaryman' Stands Tall Despite Ratings Drop
"Salaryman" Kim Seo-Hyeong's Empire Has a Crack, on the Verge of Collapsing
"Salaryman" Lee Beom-Soo's 'Smoky Black' Make Up
Actress Hong Soo Hyun Enjoying Her Time in the Sun
Woo Hee's Red Pink Handbag Mistake
'Salaryman' Lee Beom-Soo in Bankruptcy
'Salaryman' Lee Beom-Soo Gets Jealous at Jeong Ryeo-Won and Kim Seong-Oh
'Salaryman Cho Han Ji' Continues Upswing in Ratings
Kim Suh Hyung Prepared to Play Villain While Biding Time
[interview] Jung Gyu Woon Shares He Still Holds Much Aspiration as an Actor
Kim Suh Hyung on 'Salaryman': Hong Soo Hyun Dies in Original Script
[interview] Jung Gyu Woon's Acting Transformation

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
(Click to View)

OST

Evergreen Tree - Yang Hee Eun
The Little Match Girl (Feat. Misty of Gavy NJ) – Yoon Gun
Bravo - Leeteuk Leeteuk (Super Junior) & Key (SHINee)
I Waited for You - Joo
Because of You - B.E.G's Jea

VIDEOS

Trailer

VIKI CHANNEL
(Click to View)

EPISODE RECAP

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22

TORRENT (DL)

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22

Credits: HanCinema

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Salaryman" Jeong Kyeo-Woon Like a Wild Beast, Right from the Start

photo209360.jpg

Jeong Kyeo-woon in "Salaryman", which will air right after SBS "A Thousand Days' Promise", showed his masculine moves from the beginning of the shoot.

Playing the role of cold and level-headed Choi Hang-woo,

Jeong Kyeo-woon displayed martial arts skills no lesser than a real pro in a recent shoot held in Kangnam, Seoul.

He had been practicing for this scene, and not long after, he managed to pull off the action sequence just like a real martial artist.

He said, "I feel good being back on set. The scene was quite difficult but the staff helped me and it ended well".

He continued, "I have been spending all my time thinking about the drama and the character. I hope it shows in my work. Look forward to it".

"Salaryman" is going to air at the start of next year.

Credits: HanCinema

Guest ha_rim_sam

the progress is on for this drama can't wait for this JAnuary hopefully SBS will showcase the preview during the award ceremony at the end of the year.I really likes the madness behind all the promotional shoot and posters that had been release it has a very different kind of sense of humour underlying and i bet many of those who is not the biggest fan of this drama might will only reagard its as a nonsensical drama but looking at the team, cast its going to surprised everyone SALARYMAN TEAM HWAITING proves to everyone this drama is gonna get everyone stand up and jump of their sock ha ha ha ha!

• 3 weeks later...

December 25, 2011

'History of Salaryman,' comic tribute to breadwinners

By Noh Hyun-gi leann@koreatimes.co.kr

12261206.jpg

From left, Lee Beom-su, Jung Ryeo-won, Hong Soo-hyun and Jeong Gyu-won pose at the press conference

for “History of the Salaryman” in Mok-dong, Seoul on Thursday. / Korea Times

Korean corporate life is unique yet similar to the Japanese office culture and something Westerners may find tricky to decipher. Promising to provide a glimpse into that singular world, a new drama, “History of the Salarymen,” combines comedy and action in a plot featuring corporate spies. Actor Lee Beom-su plays the main character Yu Bang, who after years of unemployment, volunteers to be a lab mouse for Cheonha, a pharmaceutical conglomerate led by Jin Si-hwang played by veteran actor Lee Duk-wha. At the high security lab to develop new drugs, Yu meets Choi Hang-wu, played by Jeong Gyu-won, a director from a rival firm. Choi signs up for the experiment undercover to steal the new drug. Jung Ryeo-won plays the immature heiress of Cheonha, Baek Yeo-chi.

Against the background of a worldwide gloomy economic outlook and high unemployment rate, the characters will inspire laughter and empathy from those in and even out of the workforce. Yu, who has a strong provincial accent, is becoming desperate after so many years out of work. Choi is an arrogant Stanford graduate who climbs the corporate ladder with monstrous speed. Choi only knows to play by the book and detests people like Yu who work their way around the rules. Baek is a Korean Paris Hilton and a nuisance to employees who actually do work at their jobs.

“Corporate employees have to put up with a lot unfair things like bosses making unreasonable demands and expecting to be obeyed. My character Yu rejects the hierarchy and confronts his boss. I hope many salary men watching the show get to release their work-related stress through Yu,” Lee said at a press conference in Mok-dong, Seoul Thursday.

Jung said she was drawn to her character because she is unique in the Korean drama scene where women are often depicted as obedient, conventional, and conservative. “Baek is an unusual female character. She swears, she dresses unconventionally … some people will find her obnoxious including her habits like mixing English with Korean in her speech. But I think she is lovely,” Jung said.

She also described the drama as a buffet where one can enjoy multiple genres including comedy, action, suspense and romance to get a well-rounded show.

It is also a comical rendition of historical events during China’s Chuhan Contention period (206-202 B.C.), which has inspired many novels. Lee’s character represents Liu Bang of the Han Kingdom who fights with Xiang Yu of Western Chu, represented by Jeong, during the collapse of the Qin Dynasty (221-207 B.C.). In history, Liu won and established the Han Dynasty (206 B.C.–A.D. 220). Jin is the modern day emperor Qin Shi-huang who unified numerous kingdoms and founded the Qin Dynasty, China’s first imperial dynasty.

Lee said he first read the original story when he was in elementary school and was impressed by the charismatic Liu. “Liu has the ability to lead people and he understands his shortcomings very well.”

Jeong Gyeong-sun, the writer of the drama, said she wanted to pay tribute to the dedicated and nameless breadwinners slaving away in office cubicles throughout the city. “At the time of the Fukushima nuclear power plant disaster, it was not the board members or the chairman who went to clean up the mess. It was the workers who jumped into the hazardous aftermath to fulfill their job responsibilities,” she said.

“History of the Salarymen” will air on Jan. 2 on SBS.

December 27, 2011

Lee Bum Soo Races Through Flames for 'Salaryman'

CJ E&M enewsWorld Kim, JiYeon l Nate

Lee Bum Soo had to go to extremes for his drama, even running 100 meters carrying Hong Soo Hyun in his arms with flames chasing him from behind.

In an underground bunker in Busan on December 2, Lee Bum Soo raced toward the camera for the SBS drama Salaryman.

201112270934521001_1.jpg

The scene involved an action sequence with Jung Gyu Woon trying to steal confidential information from a medicine research facility, and Lee Bum Soo saving Hong Soo Hyun from the facility, which goes up in flames. To make the scene seem more realistic, the producers installed real gas bombs inside the bunker, supervised by two fire trucks and an ambulance from outside.

Because the shoot would be a dangerous one, Lee Bum Soo seemed a bit tense at first, but after smiling in front of the camera and calming himself down, he continued to prepare calmly for the shoot. A few careful rehearsals took place, and after five rehearsals, Lee Bum Soo started running with Hong Soo Hyun in his arms at director Yoo In Sik’s cue.

According to SBS, the day’s shoot didn’t go that smoothly despite the careful preparations. Four bombs had to go off on either side of Lee while he ran, but because they didn’t go off as planned, the scene had to be re-filmed three times. After the shoot, the producers, Lee Bum Soo and Hong Soo Hyun gathered around the monitors to see how the scene turned out, and as soon as director Yoo gave the okay sign, everyone exploded in a round of applause.

And according to the cinematographer Lee Gil Bok, thanks to the Red One MX camera’s superspeed photography, Lee’s expressions and the movements of the flames could all be caught on film.

Salaryman is a story of normal salarymen and their work, love, passion and success. The drama is making issues for bringing in drama Giant’s writers Jang Young Chul and Jung Gyung Soon, producer Yoo In Sik, cinematographer Lee Gil Bok, actors Lee Duk Hwa, Lee Bum Soo and Kim Seo Hyung. It will air its first episode on January 2.

Photo credit: SBS

Guest run_lola_run

Just finished the first episode and even though I had no idea what they were saying....I thought it was so entertaining and hilarious. I'm loving Jung Ryeo-won's character!

Guest dramaok

lol the names of the characters just kill me. ahahahahah

obviously, Lee Bum Soo's character, Yoobang, is a tribute to Han's emperor Gao (Liu Bang) and that Yoobang is that Liu Bang.

but OMG in Korean, Yoobang means 'boobs' via another Hanja conversion. it is really hilarious to have a grown man named boobs. lol.

also, besides Jin Shiwang (Lee Deok Hwa) representing Qin Shi Huang of Qin Dynasty,

and Hangwoo (Jeong Kyeo Woon) representing Xiang Yu...

just about everyone on the cast are names of tributes to the Chu-Han contention figures.

names like:

Jang Ryang

Beom Jeung

Soha

Hanshin

Beonkwae

Hangryang

all figures from the contention period.

even Hong Soo Hyeon's character, Woohee, is tribute to Hangwoo's favorite mistress.

so I guess we see Hong and Jeong as a loveline?

i don't know if this drama can keep its momentum going and already there's too much of everything in ep. 1

it's pretty darn hilarious but it's like getting an indigestion from the buffet line, eating too much of everything.

Lee Bum Soo is spot on as always though. the man can act.

lol the names of the characters just kill me. ahahahahah

obviously, Lee Bum Soo's character, Yoobang, is a tribute to Han's emperor Gao (Liu Bang) and that Yoobang is that Liu Bang.

but OMG in Korean, Yoobang means 'boobs' via another Hanja conversion. it is really hilarious to have a grown man named boobs. lol.

also, besides Jin Shiwang (Lee Deok Hwa) representing Qin Shi Huang of Qin Dynasty,

and Hangwoo (Jeong Kyeo Woon) representing Xiang Yu...

just about everyone on the cast are names of tributes to the Chu-Han contention figures.

names like:

Jang Ryang

Beom Jeung

Soha

Hanshin

Beonkwae

Hangryang

all figures from the contention period.

even Hong Soo Hyeon's character, Woohee, is tribute to Hangwoo's favorite mistress.

so I guess we see Hong and Jeong as a loveline?

i don't know if this drama can keep its momentum going and already there's too much of everything in ep. 1

it's pretty darn hilarious but it's like getting an indigestion from the buffet line, eating too much of everything.

Lee Bum Soo is spot on as always though. the man can act.

Haven't seen the raw yet but from your view and the promos. It's looked very funny, shouldn't be missed!

Archived