Having more than one layer of eyelashes?

gayness

itchy itchy freaky freaky!, up to 3 layers?!
Ellos, I've been examining other people's eyelashes lately, and it's so creepy! My sister in law has up to 3 layers of eye lashes and I can't seem to stop itching. I think it's common that people usually has one layer right?? Anybody else has more than 1 layer of eyelashes? O.O Is it normal or what??

Thanks!

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Isn't it better to have more than one layer of lashes on a lashline? Elizabeth Taylor had 2 layers of lashes because of a gene mutation and she is considered as a beauty icon of all time :/

i have 2-3 layers..?? i thought that was normal. :ph34r:

pity my bottom lashes are very thin so unless you look closely you can't even see it :(

Guest monday2471

having more than 1 layer of eyelashes is a genetic mutation

apparently the majority of soompiers are affected by rare genetic mutations

Guest monkeyinabarrel

I'm with fortyone here. "3 layers of falsies? :vicx: "

this? http://hydrating.deviantart.com/art/Double-Layer-of-Eyelashes-256749882

My top lashes arent as thick but my bottom is like hers/his

though my eyelashes look like eyeliner since they dont curl up

Guest moo_lah

I always thought having 3 layers was normal, because I have 3 layers on my top lid and 2 on my bottom ><

But yeah, it's a genetic mutation called distichiasis, and it can cause irritation to the eye since the 2nd layer sometimes grows on what's supposed to be a sweat gland, which results in the eyelashes rubbing on the eyeball itself.

Guest krystaliu

mine are around 2-3 layers, i think? :x idk, i don't look at my eyelashes often. xD i tend to pick eyelashes out since i'm always afraid they'll fall in my eye if they get too loose. >_> but yeah, it does get more sparse as it g ets closer to my actual eyelid. it's not really obvious, since although they're in "layers" they're still packed pretty  close together. you can't really tell? x'D

Guest bonsaitea

maybe it's something hard to really notice?

I know my lashes don't grow in a perfect line, but i don't think i have multiple layers.

Guest bitter SOOweet

Like said above, i thought you were talking about falsies lol

and I never really noticed, but after taking a quick look at a mirror just now looks like i have 2... and i think i have very normal eyelashes?

Guest Chocolate_Truffle

I thought I had just one layer but when I looked in the mirror I noticed I had more than one. My top lid has quite a few layers.

• 3 months later...
Guest StandingWayward

What the...how do you guys see this? Does somebody have a picture? xD

EDIT: Okay I checked in a mirror and yeah..I might have like 2-3 (in the middle there are more lashes) layers. I dunno. This is very mysterious and I have not noticed it before lol

Archived