short guy tall girl :(

Guest kakashi_is_hench

Guest kakashi_is_hench

So im a quite short guy standing at around 5"3-4 and recently I have come to see my good friend of nearly 4 years now in a completely different light. Shes honestly the funniest person I have ever met and I feel we have a connection; which our friends have pointed out, but only recently within the past month or so have I seen her in a more "datetable" light and want to spend as much time as I can with her. However the problem is shes about 5"8/9 a substantial amount taller than I am.

Shes always stated that she would only date guys who are taller than her but for some reason I still want to try my luck but am afraid it will mess up our friendship. I have thought about the height issue many times and came to the conclusion that I would be willing to overlook it for her. Only thing is I dont think she will ever give me the chance purely cos of my height :(

What do you guys think? especially those taller girls out there...would you go for a shorter guy? :)

Guest Blackroses21

I'm an asian girl with the height of 5'10 and personally for me I wouldn't date or be attracted to a guy shorter then me...I think it kind of looks funny on the outside. For me standing next to a guy who has a taller frame gives me a sense of security and protection whether we be holding hands, hugging, linking arms which I think all girls want.

but it doesn't mean there isn't those special exceptions...if you truly care and have genuine feelings for her then I don't see why not you shouldn't give it a try. Remember height and appearance can only take you so far...if you guys have chemistry then it shouldn't matter. Good Luck :)

Guest Starblazerbon

I'm an asian girl with the height of 5'10 and personally for me I wouldn't date or be attracted to a guy shorter then me...I think it kind of looks funny on the outside. For me standing next to a guy who has a taller frame gives me a sense of security and protection whether we be holding hands, hugging, linking arms which I think all girls want.

but it doesn't mean there isn't those special exceptions...if you truly care and have genuine feelings for her then I don't see why not you shouldn't give it a try. Remember height and appearance can only take you so far...if you guys  have chemistry then it shouldn't matter. Good Luck :)

HOLY SHOOT

5'10 asian girl.

Cot damn. Good luck not intimidating guys while wearing heels. And I kinda lol at the security and protection! If you are 5'10 you already have a pretty intimidating stance already.

Unless you are really skinny.

Guest Starblazerbon

what do your parents feed ya tall asian girls? holy shiz

im mad short next to you girls.

so you wouldnt date taeyang (5'6) or jay park (5'7)

I think it is mostly genetics. Otherwise... I think they fed them a good balance of carbs, protein, minerals,vitamins.etc,

5'10...dang.

One of my hyungs is probably about 5'5 or 5'6 and he married a girl that's like 5'8ish. It was funny because he wore thick soled shoes and then one of the wedding pictures he's standing on a sidewalk while she's standing in the street to kind of make them look even. But really, it's not a big deal. We all kind of joked with him about it, but at the end of the day they both love eachother, and they're both confident in themselves enough to not care what other people think.

Dude, just go for it.

The girl will end up not caring when she realizes that it isn't how you make it vertically- it's how well you make it with her horizontally. ;)

We're all the same height when we're not on our feet. :phew:

Guest Blackroses21

what do your parents feed ya tall asian girls? holy shiz

im mad short next to you girls.

so you wouldnt date taeyang (5'6) or jay park (5'7)

LOL who wouldn't want to date taeyang or jay park? those guys have swag which makes them attractive regardless of their height... yeah sometimes my height bothers me at times because I'm mostly taller than the asian guys I encounter but I live with it.....( thanks to genetics & lots of milk ) the only positive thing about being a giant is being mistaken as a model :)

Guest greentambourine1

I guess, height wouldn't just matter if the girl likes you.. yes, it may feel awkward at first, walking with her and other people see you,..  (you might even hear they say you are not physically compatible)  but in the end, your mutual understanding will still rule. good luck..

Guest scortezs

but it doesn't mean there isn't those special exceptions...if you truly care and have genuine feelings for her then I don't see why not you shouldn't give it a try. Remember height and appearance can only take you so far...if you guys  have chemistry then it shouldn't matter. Good Luck :)

I got to ask, if the guy was shorter than you but had a decent job, decent looks, and decent personality, you would still reject him? I'm not judging, I was just curious what your take would be on that...

My opinion...but I wouldn't try it. No 5'9 woman is going to date a 5'3 man. I've seen some women date shorter men, but the difference at most is a few inches. A 6 inch gap is wayyyyy too much.

honestly, i think it looks awkward to have a bf who is alot shorter than a girl.

i'm quite tall for the most guys i know, i'm 5'6

and i used to have a guy liked me and he's about 5'2

and his frends keeps teasing him coz i was so tall for him they said.

and i also think if we end up together, we would look awkward.

as a girl, i want a man to look manly and protective, and a guy who is taller than me, gives me that aura that he can protect me and stuff....

it's just preference i guess,

i dunno about the girl u like, she said she would like a taller guy, probably for those reasons i stated as well.

but who knows? u will never know what will happen until u try. :)

i mean, some people say age doesnt matter, so i guess height doesnt matter either? lol

just try!!! u only have 1 life to live, dont live it with regrets...

goodluck!!!

my bf is 5'5" and i'm 5'9"...at first i was kind of self-conscious but i got used to it. we've been going out for almost 5 years now. i think i cared more than he did. i always thought i would not go out with a guy that was on the shorter side but i'm fine with it now. of course, ideally he would be taller than me, but i like him for his personality. he just has a problem when i wear heels around him because then i'm like 6'.. hah. anyway...

just be confident.. a guy who can get a girl that's taller than him has nothing to be ashamed of. :)

Guest velvetdragonflies

I'm in between 5'6-5'7 and if a guy even an inch shorter than me asks me out, I will nicely turn him down. I know it's judgmental and I can go on about the how it's the personality that matters, but looks matter too and I'd be flat out lying if I said I would consider giving the short guy a chance. He needs to be at least 5'10-5'11 for me since I like to wear my heels. However, that's just me. You should give it a try and see how it goes. (: All the best!

Eh I think most girls will definitely prefer guys who are taller and they'll say they mind.

But in the end, if you both truly love each other, who cares?

I personally know a guy who's around 5'1 and is dating this girl who's also a part-model, and she's around 5'9.

They've been together since high school and they're around 23 now and still happily together!

Yeap, as mentioned, you should try dropping a little hint but not too obvious and see her reaction.

Just be confident :)

Guest prosperitas

if you don't mind that she's taller than it's all good

just try your luck and go for it, tbh once you win that girl's heart, she probably won't even care anymore

don't live life with regrets! if it doesn't work out move on to the next person :) no shame

Archived