How to support SHINee on the "Oricon Charts"

Guest paprii

Guest paprii

Oricons, the biggest sales chart in Japan.

► Reflect Your Purchase on the Oricon Charts ◄

Support SHINee ♥

The following sites will reflect your purchase/pre-orders on the Oricon Charts. The list below was assembled to help international fans and English speakers.

(In case you don’t know what the Oricon Charts is, please read here. In short, it is the biggest chart in Japan, it keeps track of daily DVD/CD sales)

1) CdJapan

Although you have to pay a shipping fee at CdJapan no matter how much your purchase is worth, what you benefit from the site are any sort of extra bonus that may come when you buy 1st press edition. Plus, the site has a very nice point system which can get you some free purchases in the future. CdJapan submits daily and weekly sales records to the Oricon charts.( what is 1st press and what is an extra bonus?)

2) YesAsia

This website will give you free shipping if your total purchase amounts to $39USD

However, unlike CdJapan, the site may not provide any bonus that may come with 1st press editions. YesAsia submits weekly sales records to the Oricon charts.

3) HMV online

One of the largest online shops in Japan. The link given is the English version of the site, for international buyers. There is currently no info on when they submit their sales data to the Oricons, but they do submit it on a "regular" basis as they claimed in THIS e-mail reply.

To verify that purchases from the above sites do count towards the Oricons, please click:

Other popular sites that do not accommodate international buyers:

Tower Records and Amazon Japan

For a full list of Orcion’s official partners, please visit: http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/index2.html

compiled by : paprii @ soompi | take out with proper credits

If you have any questions/suggestions, please feel free to post in this thread!

Guest thangkhung91

ABOUT THE CD-ONLY AND CD+DVD-VERSIONS

This won't be anuthing knew for those who are familiar with the Japanese sales system, but for those who aren't, it doesn't matter which version you buy. The CD-only version or the CD+DVD-version will both count to a single sales number. They won't be divided into two separate sales numbers.

For an expample

Replay comes in two versions. The CD-only version moves 20 000 copies and the CD+DVD-version 10 000 copies on the first day. All together Replay has moved 30 000 copies and will be the official sales number for that day.

So once again it doesn't matter which version you'll buy, they'll both count into the sales number.

Guest ElyTeddy

Thank you so much for clearing this up!

I purchased from CDJapan, but seeing as the majority of the fandom is unaware of how Japan's system works, I was uncertain as to whether it was reliable for Oricon.

I couldn't find a statement on the site itself either, so I was getting worried. Again, thank you!

Guest vicissitude16

Hey paprii,thank you for creating such a threat which helps guide our international Shawols to make a contribution to Oricon Charts. However, I have to doubt that some information you provided may not be correct and we are welcome any corrections.

Here is what I have known from a China fan site called SHINeeBloom.

5590474720110502200406055.jpg

5590474720110502200139049.jpg

559047472011050220004803.jpg

5590474720110502195909092.jpg

5590474720110502195816049.jpg

This is clear that Tower Record will definately reflect the purchase on Oricon Chart:

559047472011050211553505.jpg

And from what I have been told from my Japanese friends that CD Japan is an English website and all the CDs will directly send overseas. However, only those CDs which are sent to local addresses will be counted for first-day Oricon sales.

I just want to say that CD Japan and HMV online are not counted into Oricon sales. As a true Shawol, I hope you can correctly purchase SHINee's CD/DVDs and make a contribution to Oricon Charts irregardless of a discount or bonus you can get or not.

Guest heavenhell

And from what I have been told from my Japanese friends that CD Japan is an English website and all the CDs will directly send overseas. However, only those CDs which are sent to local addresses will be counted for Oricon sales.

I just want to say that Yes Asia, CD Japan and HMV online are not counted into Oricon sales. As a true Shawol, I hope you can correctly purchase SHINee's CD/DVDs and make a contribution to Oricon Charts irregardless of a discount or bonus you can get or not.

Is this really true? If it is then it's too bad, my first purchase  already paid for... TAT

So where should we international fan buy from if we  want it to be counted into Oricon sales? Because reading from your post it is only sales within Japan (or sales that delivered into Japanese address)  that counted into Oricon.  Obviously, it is not possible for  me to fly to Japan just to buy cds/dvds from a local Oricon cooperated music shops. Please more information on this? Thank you in advance.

I'm not aiming for first-day sales volum, if my purchase can be counted into first-week volum I will be happy.

Guest vicissitude16

Is this really true? If it is then it's too bad, my first purchase  already paid for... TAT

So where should we international fan buy from if we  want it to be counted into Oricon sales? Because reading from your post it is only sales within Japan (or sales that delivered into Japanese address)  that counted into Oricon.  Obviously, it is not possible for  me to fly to Japan just to buy cds/dvds from a local Oricon cooperated music shops. Please more information on this? Thank you in advance.

I'm not aiming for first-day sales volum, if my purchase can be counted into first-week volum I will be happy.

I'm sorry, I go back to review the list again and I found CD Japan is on the list of cooperated shops but it has a different name called ネオ?ウィング. But HMV online is not, this one is for sure. So YesAsia and CD Japan could be counted for first-week sales volum.

As mentioned above, first-day sales volum is much more important so if you want to aim at first-day, it's better to go to the real shops using the POS machine.

Guest heavenhell

I'm sorry, I go back to review the list again and I found CD Japan is on the list of cooperated shops but it has a different name called ネオ?ウィング. But HMV online is not, this one is for sure. So YesAsia and CD Japan could be counted for first-week sales volum.

As mentioned above, first-day sales volum is much more important so if you want to aim at first-day, it's better to go to the real shops using the POS machine.

Thank you for the confirmation (and for rechecking the list).

There's also an explanation about this from anju_angel HERE in the main thread. It's confirmed that Japanese cds/dvds sales from CDJapan and YesAsia will be counted in Oricon. As for HMV it's still awaiting a confirmation email from HMV.

Guest paprii

I'm sorry, I go back to review the list again and I found CD Japan is on the list of cooperated shops but it has a different name called ネオ?ウィング. But HMV online is not, this one is for sure. So YesAsia and CD Japan could be counted for first-week sales volum. As mentioned above, first-day sales volum is much more important so if you want to aim at first-day, it's better to go to the real shops using the POS machine.

That's basically impossible for international fans. It would make no sense if only purchases from Japanese addresses counted towards the 1st day sale. But anyway, for international fans, CdJapan is the best bet if they want to help with 1st day sale^^

Also HMV does count towards the Oricons. Whether they count 1st day/weekly/monthly sales is in question, but they DO count towards the Oricons^^

Archived