Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it bad to sit after a meal?

xyaxya Posts: 101Member
I'm sure most of you have heard from your parents to stroll around for a bit after a meal for the food to digest, and that sitting down right after eating is bad for you. Is there scientific proof behind this or is it like an old wives tale?
MikeRoger
·

Replies

• DaylightfulDaylightful Love and Peace! Cincinnati, OhioPosts: 1,272Member
    I'm already sitting when I eat. :ph34r:

It's actually good to sit after eating for a little bit. It's lying down and walking around that may cause the tummy to be upset!
    ♥ Blog: Cultural Fun, Recipes, Arts/Crafts + Beauty Tutorials, Everyday Happy Life! | Flickr | Twitter | Facebook♡
    tumblr_loebp6mxH01qdsjn2.gif
    Currently: Flax Seed Gel (Organic Hair Gel!)
    "To truly Love, is the ultimate expression of the will to live. A heart that truly loves is forever young."
    ·
  • larislaris Posts: 1,825Member
    Hopefully you're sitting while you eat. It's moving around shortly afterwards that might cause a reflux in the esophagus.

·
  • HERMITHERMIT Posts: 10,640Friend of Soompi

EXALTED ONE

Oh, I definitely have to sit after I eat.
    Especially when it's on the toilet.

Lovelyisuinfinite*carrotseeddanielluvMinkyung Kimxiahdreams
    ·
  • ShrimpCrackerrrShrimpCrackerrr Posts: 507Banned
    grownups always tell me it's bad to lay down after you eat.
    hi
    whatsupmansarang_jokwongain
    ·
  • buttersbutters ★ it's all about the G ★ GDRAGONLAND...Posts: 1,264Member

IDOL

not too sure about that... i stay seated even after i finish eating. and nothing happens.
    ·
  • sussus AussiE lANdPosts: 3,213Member
    nothing wrong with sitting

i mean its not good to do exercise straight after u eat
    let ur bodi digest the food a bit

people usualli say not to sit around n do nothing after eating or ull get fat..
    but theres no proof in that

just b a bit active during the day n ull be right
    ·
  • junyjuny 샤방샤방☆ Posts: 2,086Friend of Soompi
    edited April 2011
    I believe you need to rest after you eat. If you're active and exercise right after you eat, it'll hinder your digesting and upset your stomach. I had the worse cramps when I tried to work out following my meal.
    Hi! My name is juny, and I love film & acting.
    youtube
    shop junys.com
    ·
  • suju_loveesuju_lovee Canadia Posts: 1,528Member

IDOL

I don't think there' anything wrong with sitting after eating, but laying down is another thing... My dad often scolded me whenever I laid down :sweatingbullets:

·
  • ziuziuziuziuziuziu Posts: 45Member
    it's ok to sit, but a light stroll may help after a big dinner to let the *ahem* gas pass...
    just don't go straight to sleep or anytihng.
    ·
  • kjeon19kjeon19 HawaiiPosts: 158Member
    xya wrote on 24 April 2011 - 03:49 PM:

I'm sure most of you have heard from your parents to stroll around for a bit after a meal for the food to digest, and that sitting down right after eating is bad for you. Is there scientific proof behind this or is it like an old wives tale?

All BS, zero scientific proof behind this; eat and sit as you please...........
    +rep....... 808 Oahu Hawaii

http://www.facebook.com/ty.jeon?ref=name
    <3 you =P
    xiahdreams
    ·
  • purexorangepurexorange Posts: 1,258Member

IDOL

well, sitting after eating might make you feel uncomfortable so walking around or standing is less uncomfortable ?

·