Tips on whitening skin?

Guest Henna_HaNeul

Guest Henna_HaNeul

I don't know if there's already one on this but I want to know
Basically --I'm half Filipino and Half Pakistani, I USED to be fair skinned until I went to the Philippines and drowned myself with the sun which I don't get in London xD

My dad has a dark brown kind of skin tone and it's kind of showing on me too now but I want fair skin -.- 

I don't use any make up except for eye liner, my arms have these goose bump kind of thing when it isn't, it's like dark small dots all over my arm and i shave my legs but is it better to wax because it seems like when you wax it makes it slightly lighter.

Please no make up suggestions because I don't (and am not allowed) to wear make up :)

OH i'm 14 by the way ^^

I don't mind buying stuff but not expensive things otherwise my mum will backhand me xD

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you are still in the Philippines, there's many creams and soaps there that say to help whiten your skin. I've used Likas Papaya soap, and Kojie San kojic acid soap and lotion...in my opinion Kojie San worked better for me. But don't expect a miracle from those things...it won't make a drastic change but i do think it can make your skin lighter and keep it that way. Aside from that, obviously try to stay away from the Sun...and if you have to go out in the sun, use sunscreen with high SPF. Also exfoliate your skin...but not too often, maybe once or twice a week. 

Guest sheertiara

Wow, well I'm Pakistani too! I would recommend that you use a product called Mena's Pearl Whitening Cream. So far, the results have been good. This is what the product looks like: 

g_c2e9_1.JPG 

It applies on as a cream and also works to get reduce acne. My skin feels like a baby's bottom ever since I have used it. 

Plus, it's not that expensive! Only about $3 per jar. Hope I helped. smile.gif

Guest hyunjoon18

Basically just be healthy;

-Eat healthy (fruits&veggies&not much junk food or none at all).

-Be active (exercise,sports etc; sweating really helps [cleans out toxins])

-Water water water![ about 8 glasses everyday; also helps flush out toxins]

Products;

-Ive heard of that Likas Papaya soap and it really does work tbh.

I think its a filipino soap too...

-SUnscreen/lotions

-other whitening products

Guest Henna_HaNeul

Well if you are still in the Philippines, there's many creams and soaps there that say to help whiten your skin. I've used Likas Papaya soap, and Kojie San kojic acid soap and lotion...in my opinion Kojie San worked better for me. But don't expect a miracle from those things...it won't make a drastic change but i do think it can make your skin lighter and keep it that way. Aside from that, obviously try to stay away from the Sun...and if you have to go out in the sun, use sunscreen with high SPF. Also exfoliate your skin...but not too often, maybe once or twice a week.  

=/ i'm not in Philippines any more --my mum has the likas soap but it made no difference, i've used it since i was younger any ways. Staying away from the sun is a hard thing for me =.= But i'll try :) and i haven't tried to exfoliate yet so maybe i'll try that ...

It applies on as a cream and also works to get reduce acne. My skin feels like a baby's bottom ever since I have used it. 

Plus, it's not that expensive! Only about $3 per jar. Hope I helped. smile.gif 

xD Hello bhaji =P 

Where can you buy that? I'm in London and if it's $3 then it should be like £2 or something :) I have fairly sensitive skin so yah...

Basically just be healthy;-Eat healthy (fruits&veggies&not much junk food or none at all).

-Be active (exercise,sports etc; sweating really helps [cleans out toxins])

-Water water water![ about 8 glasses everyday; also helps flush out toxins]

Products;

-Ive heard of that Likas Papaya soap and it really does work tbh.

I think its a filipino soap too...

-SUnscreen/lotions

-other whitening products 

Thank you :) I need to exercise more and eat less weirdish food... though i don't really like stuff like chocolate, cheese, fizzy drinks --but i don't really eat veggies =.= 

Likas i've tried doesn't work  on me but i'll try again =] and i should start using sunscreen then?

Do you guys know if theres any food which help make you look lighter? xD

Guest GRAPEJUICE

I heard it's really harmful to use skincare products with the word "whitening" or "

purifying" in them. This implies a chemical of some sort in the ingredients.

I mostly use milk to wash my face after normal cleansing sometimes. Long known tradition, Cleopatra did it or something? LOL

Guest bananaleaf

so I just ordered the Mena Pearl Whitening cream from ebay....i should get it in 2 weeks...can't wait to try it out.

Guest jisuk_

im also filipino and i use Papaya soap!! :D

in the philippines they have glutathione injections but im scared of them and any side effects T___T

Guest Tofu_Cloud

^ the side effects is like bad for your liver and stuff

i dont really see a point cuz u pee it out anyways

well the pppl tell u to hold it in and u cant pee

i think its stupid to hold your peee.

Guest Henna_HaNeul

Milk? LOL if that's what i'm going to use i'd bathe in milk if i have to :'( 

I want to buy BB cream but people say that it made their skin break out but then other people say it's amazing on your skin o.o

No way in hell am i allowed to get those injections --besides my uncle's kidney died because of his hyper lifestyle, he was in so much pain, plus because i was stupid --i held my pee in for hours and i ended up with bladder infection ...and i was hallucinating as well o.O 

How do lemons work? and milk? and i heard like making a paste was good for your skin --i tried making papaya paste.. i didn't really see the difference though it made my skin feel fresh :D

Guest yangri

You used to be fair skinned, right? Then all you really need is just to wear sunscreen whenever you're out. Because you're naturally fair skinned, there's no need to get whitening... in my opinion, anyway. I think sunscreen is enough but you HAVE to wear it and reapply whenever you are out.

Guest Christineangel1

To get my skin pretty fair,

i actually use a lot of facial masks ^.^

some fruits and vegetables such as tomatoes, lemons, and cucumbers can lighten the skin as well!

aloe can also lighten the skin but by very little.

im not sure of this but,

ive heard if you use whitening soap not to stay in the sun for it can cause wrinkles?

well, i just use organic things to lighten my skin! :)

Guest Okashichan

Use a mixture of sour cream and lemon at night. Make sure you wash you skin very well before going out because lemon can darken your skin if you are in the sun.

Guest adeyaka

Milk? LOL if that's what i'm going to use i'd bathe in milk if i have to :'( 

How do lemons work? and milk? and i heard like making a paste was good for your skin --i tried making papaya paste.. i didn't really see the difference though it made my skin feel fresh :D

I'm not entirely sure how milk works, but lemon is used to bleach greyness off of dry elbows. You cut them in half and sit your elbows on them and it removes the greyness. Same with  knees and any jointed areas where there is loose skin. If you're going to use milk it might be cheaper to use milk powder, since it's just dehydrated milk. Milk is essentially just fat particles suspended in water  vicx.gif

I'm half Filippina and I found that recovering from a dark tan would be as simple as using sunscreen. I carry a spray type sunscreen that I apply before and during my outings. If you look at the areas that are most covered by clothing you'll see just how light your skin can go without any whitening products, so just cover up with clothing and wear sunscreen. We have a really lame "motto" in australia, it's called "Slip, slop, slap"  which means slip on a shirt slop on sunscreen and slap on a hat. biggrin.gif

ive heard if you use whitening soap not to stay in the sun for it can cause wrinkles?

well, i just use organic things to lighten my skin! :)

I think that's a really good point, I had an aunt come back from the Philippines with a freshly bleached face. Since we live in Australia, she was exposed to some pretty harsh UV exposure in a short amount of time (huge hole in ozone layer above us, whee! laugh.gif) and it caused her face to go patchy, the melanin came back but not evenly. She really wasn't happy about that. Sun exposure will give you wrinkles regardless, but if your skin is dry from these bleaching products, which they will be, you will definitely be more prone to wrinkling.

Guest Henna_HaNeul

Here is a very informative website about skin lightening =)

http://allaboutskinlightening.net/ 

Meh, half of these i won't be able to use. my mum would slap me with the fish she's cooking if i attempt to buy something expensive and/or anything which may damage my face ...i have sensitive skin apparently o.o

Become nocturnal :P 

I have always wanted to become a vampire! :D omg... wait what if it backlashes on me and i turn into an owl o.O

Archived