Production Companies: JS Pictures

Screenwriter: Lee Myung-Sook

Director: Pyo Min-Su

Official site: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/fallinlove/index.html

Live Broadcasting: HERE

Cast

Park Shin Hye as Lee Kyu Won

Jung Yong Hwa as Lee Shin

Kang Min Hyuk as Yeo Joon (Lee Shin's friend)

Kim Hee Jung as Jung Yoon Su

SongChang Ui as Kim Suk Hyun

So Yi-hyeon as Jung Yoon Soo

WooRi as Han Hee Joo

Lee Hyun Jin as Hyun Ki Young

Shin Goo as Lee Kyu Won grand pa, Lee Dong Gun

Sun Woo Jae Duk

Lee Yil Hwa

Kim Sun Kyung

Jang Seo-Won as Yoon Soo Myung

Oh Won Bin

Sun Woo Jae Duk

Plot

'Heartstrings' is a story about young love, friendships and dreams. The drama takes place at an arts college which focuses on dancing, singing, acting, and literature, and is classified as a ‘mellow campus drama’, detailing the lives of college students.

Character description

1) Lee Kyu Won (age 21) is a bright and outgoing student who was born into a prestigious family, and is majoring in traditional Korean instruments, especially the gayageum. She is a very outgoing. Kyu Won's grandfather, Lee Dong-gun is one of the top 3 traditional music singers of his age. And his biggest wish is to have his grand-daughter trained to become a traditional music child-prodigy in 10 years' time. Trying to live up to her grandfather's expectations, Kyu-Won immenses herself in traditional music training and becomes a university student who knows nothing about anything besides traditional music.As Kyu Won's friends are fans of "The Stupid", she was forced to go to the band's concert with them and there she saw Lee Shin, performing life. She is immediately captivated by him.

2) Lee Shin (age 21) is a university student majoring in modern music.

He is the vocalist of band "The Stupid" and also plays the guitar. He is known for his good looks and for his strong passion for music.However, he is a cold person and is uninterested in things non-music related. He has no dreams nor plans for the future. In the drama, he initially likes a dance professor at his university. But it is all going to change as he meets Lee Kyu-Won (starring Park Shin Hye).

Credits:PSH International Fanclub

jb9a46.jpg

Relationship between Each Character

Brief intro of each character

Grandpa of (Lee Kyuwon- Park Shinhye)- His name is Lee Dongjin

He is a person who sings traditional music of Korea which is called Pansori

Next to his image you will be able to see a dialogue bubble with a question mark. Im guessing they haven't still chosen a particular picture of that character but that's supposed to be the father of Kyuwon called Lee Sunki. His job is music professor at a college.

Now above Yonghwa's picture we are able to see two other bubbles. Those bubbles are obviously showing the family of Lee Shin (Yonghwa). The first bubble is Shin's Mother called Song Jiyoung. She's the main editor of a magazine related to music. The second bubble is Shin's little sister called Lee Jeonghyun. She's still in high school.

Right next to Shinhye's picture we are able to see a girl. She's supposedly Kyuwon's (Shinhye) best friend called Cha Boyoon. They attend the same college and she majors in something related to traditional music of korea i dont know how to call it in english but in korean it's called Gook-ak. and she plays the 'haegeum' a korean instrument.

Next to Yonghwa's picture we are able to see Minhyuk who plays the role of his best friend called Yeo Joonhee. I dont really get what kind of major he is doing since it's the first time i hear it. If i figure it out later I'll tell you guys..

Now we see a guy's picture in the left bottom supposedly the relationship between him and shinhye is .. well literally it says "watching" but it means that he's most likely interested in her but i am not sure in what sense do they mean by that. His name is Hyun Kiyoung. He majors in acting.

Below his picture we can see a bubble again called Lee Soomyung. That person is friends with him and he is also majoring in acting.

Below that bubble there is another bubble called Park Sarang. She secretly has a crush on Lee Soomyung.

Now below Minhyuk's picture we can see a girl called Han Heejoo. Minhyuk taking the role of Yeo Joonhee has a secret crush on her. She majors in acting and she has feelings left for Lee Shin. Maybe they were dating before or she either asked him out and he rejected her or something. The relationship between her and Shin are not specified but it just simply says "feelings left for him". Not sure in what sense do they mean by that.

Now! Let's go to our main characters!

Park Shinhye called Lee Kyuwon in this drama is majoring in Traditional Korean Music and she plays the Gayageum which is an instrument that has a elongated shape and has strings that releases unique sounds. It is a traditional instrument of Korea. Obviously she takes the role of liking Lee Shin (Yonghwa).

Jung Yonghwa takes the role of Lee Shin in this drama and is majoring Performance Music and plays the electric guitar. He also is taking the role of liking Lee Kyuwon (Shinhye). He feels that he has to protect Jung Yunsoo (So I-hyun) most likely because he has a crush on her and he wants to protect her from Kim Seokhyun (Song ChangEui)

Now below Shinhye's picture we can see Song ChangEui who is taking the role Kim Seokhyun who is a Performance Producer? (if you get what i mean). He is interested in Lee Kyuwon (Shinhye) and is in bad terms with Lee Shin (Yonghwa). He used to date Jung Yunsoo (So I-hyun)

Next to Song ChangEui's picture we can see So I-hyun taking the role of Jung Yunsoo and she's the dance professor. Since she used to date Kim Seokhyun (Song ChangEui) she has feelings left for him.

Now below Song ChangEui's picture we are able to see two more bubbles one the first one is called Lim Taejoon and he is in bad terms with Kim Seokhyun (Song ChangEui). This guy is in a high position when it comes to teaching Acting i think.. I'm not sure about his position.

The second bubble is called Goo Jeongwoon. He's the owner of a cafe and he is a upperclassmen of acting (sunbae). He is also a friend of Kim Seokhyun (Song ChangEui). CREDIT

EPISODES

Episode 1: TORRENT TOUDOU

Episode 2: TORRENT: BAROS HANrel HANrel/450p HANrel/720

Episode 3: TORRENT TOUDOU

Episode 4 TORRENT

Episode 5 TORRENT

Episode 6 TORRENT

Episode 7 TORRENT

Episode 8 TORRENT

Episode 9 TORRENT

Episode 10 TORRENTS LINK1 LINK2

Episode 11 TORRENT: Baros OMG/450p

Episode 12 TORRENTS: LINK LINK LINK LINK

Episode 13 Baros WITH WITH/450p WITH/720p

Episode 14 TORRENT: OMG/450p WITH/450p

Episode 15 TORRENT: CHAN/450p OMG/450p WITH/450p WITH/720p Khai

(credit: semi-fly)

Behind the Scenes:

DVD BTS 1

DVD BTS 2

DVD BTS 3

DVD BTS 4

Drama Recaps

Silverlux

Couchkimchi

Rebel Souls

Belectricground

Dramabeans

Klaritia

Teasers

Teaser 1

Teaser 2

Teaser 3 Download Link

Teaser 4

TV Appearances

Script Reading

Poster Phootshoot BTS English Translation thanks to Saturn HERE

Press Conference

Pictures

Videos: Shin Hye Yong Hwa Kang MinHyuk Video 1

OST

FULL OST 1

OST Part 2 FULL: LINK

OST Part 3: 01 모르나봐 - M시그널 (I Don't Know - M Signal) KOREAN ROMANIZATION 02 꼭은 아니더라도 - FT 아일랜드

Heartstrings Cheer Up Project:

PROJECT

Yong Hwa with our book

hearstrings1.jpg

Thread Rules

1.All general forum rules apply.

Please read the rules carefully. You will be warned if you are found in violation of any of these rules.

2. Do not bypass the swear filter.

Using *, ! or other symbols in place of a letter is unacceptable.

3. Do not bash actors, actresses, or other members, or post untrue information.

Bashing will not be tolerated by any means and will result in a warning. This includes but is not limited to the usage of derogatory remarks, spreading rumors, swearing, etc. Please respect each others' difference of opinions.

4. Do not quote pictures or long posts.

Instead, remove the IMG tags around the link. Quotes do not count towards the 20-character limit rule. If you're going to quote a picture or post, say something about it. If a quote is too long (more than 10 lines), only quote a subsection of the text. Quoted pictures set in spoiler tags are considered a violation as well.Threads that are meant solely for pictures belong in the Korean celeb photos forum.

5. Do not post consecutively (one after another).

Do not post one picture per post or one quote per post in addition to posting several times in a row to bump your post count or keep a thread on the first page of the forum. Simply edit your previous post. A 30-mins gap from your last post is acceptable.

6. Do not engage in non-related conversations.

If you are not going to engage in a discussion about a drama, movie, or actor/actress, use the PM system or other means of communication. Keep birthday celebrations out of thread topics unless it pertains to the stars of the thread involved.

7. Do not spam or advertise other websites.

Members will be banned immediately if it is evident that his/her primary intention is to advertise another website. This includes, but is not limited to posts, PMs, etc.

8. You post should be at least 20 words. No one liners.

Enjoy spazzing about ShinHwa!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest karrenstar

[NEWS] Park Shin Hye & Jung Yong Hwa confirmed to be costars again

Source: TV Daily Kr. Translated by http://www.shinhye.org/2011/03/news-park-shin-hye-jung-yong-hwa.html

201103090842775557_1.jpg

It's confirmed!!! Actress Park Shin Hye and CNBlue's Jung Yonghwa will be costars again in MBC's summer drama "Festival"!

The drama will be taking place at an arts college which focuses on dancing, singing, acting, and literature, and is classified as a ‘mellow campus drama’, detailing the lives of college students.

Park Shin Hye will be playing the role of ‘Lee Kyu Won’, a bright and outgoing student who was born into a prestigious family, and is majoring in traditional Korean instruments, especially the gayageum*(see photo below) Her beauty and cuteness will capture the hearts of many.

Jung Yonghwa will be playing the role of the cold, yet handsome band vocalist named ‘Lee Shin’, who’s known to carry a strong passion for music.

The duo starred in SBS's hit drama "You're Beautiful" (2009) together but they did not end up being a couple in the drama. In "Festival", they will play a sweet, young couple who strive towards their dreams in music.

“Festival” is already gaining much anticipation from the drama industry because of PD Pyo Min Soo’s involvement. Pyo is most famous for his work with “Full House” and “The World They Live In.”

The much anticipated drama will air its pilot episode on June 22 2011.

Credit: TV Daily & Allkpop

Are you psyched? ;)

* This is the gayageum

320px-Kayagumplayer2.jpg

Guest jessi7lime

i found this on dc yesterday

222nc.jpg

Drama will start on June 22, 2011

Wednesday/Thrusday drama at 9.55pm

A drama a bout love, friendship and dream

trans by: blue_jus7 @ twitter

i can't wait any longer.. :wub:

Guest ebony82

I am really looking forward to this show. I enjoyed  watching Park Shin Hye  and Jung Yonghwa in You're Beautiful, even tho they weren't a couple in it i still liked watching their scenes together, It will be a nice change to see them both in leading roles. Will be looking forward to seeing who else will be joining the cast.

Traditional music instrument that ShinHye will play koreagayageum2.jpg

can't wait for this drama...it has been long since ShinHye did Kdrama..

KyuWon suit her a lot... and Shin Hye come from musical family right??

I hope YongHwa improve his acting ;)

YongHwa can use JongHyun(his bandmate) as referrer for cold musician character :sweatingbullets:

Lee Myung-Sook plesae write great script k!

now waiting for full casts list ... i hope PD can get great great supporting casts

@yongsarang: so we will called them shinhwa star?? :w00t: yeahhh almost same with my signature banner, i put star shinhwa :wub: will reedit my banner later ...happy

Guest yongsarang

Thank God somebody created a soompi for this new drama! I'm really excited to see the chemistry of Yong and Ssinz. I like their chemistry during YAB but they didnt end up with each other T.T However, thanks to the director for giving them another chance to be together on screen! Most Shinwoo-Minam fans are giggling about this but not only also Boices :) Can't wait to see their pictures filming or even the official pictures! BTW, the fans of this couple are called ShinHwa stars meaning Legend stars since both Yong and Ssinz like stars wub.gif

Lets keep the thread growing!

EDIT:

@G-kOpi: i noticed that too!! im planning to edit my banner and put ShinHwa Stars/Star ShinHwa so when translated in english it will be 'star legend'  keke We call them Starry couple and ShinHwa stars for the fans. We should have a poll to what she we call the fans of ShinHwa :D

Guest prisonerdilemma

I'm looking forward to this pairing. I've seen a lot of YAB BTS between YongHwa and ShinHye and their chemistry is promising! :wub:

Waiting for another cast. Hopefully it will be good actors and actress too. Though I might fall for the second lead. Yes, I have the acute sidekick syndrome.

Thanks for starting this thread. Glad to be able to post at the 1st page!

Guest gonnabeme

i'm excited for this collaboration between this two friends. since they already hv a gd relationship & worked together in drama, award presenter & award MC (did i missed anything?), thus i think they'll pull a gd chemistry for this Festival drama.

we know Yonghwa is great in music. while Shinhye master in acting. again, they r into music & being a musician genius in this drama, i think its a gd exposure for both of them. i cant wait for more updates bout this drama.. May everything goes well for d team. Daebak!!

Stardusts, thanks for starting the thread ^^

can't wait for this drama...it has been long since ShinHye did Kdrama..

KyuWon suit her a lot... and Shin Hye come from musical family right??

yes Shinhye comes from musical family, her brother is a musician/guitarist (he has a band if I'm not mistaken).

I hope YongHwa improve his acting ;)

*fingerscrossed* ^^

the air date is Yonghwa's birthday, I hope they wont change the date.

cant wait who are going to be their supporting actors.

I really wish the team will create a good storyline.

Guest stardusts

Thanks jessi7lime. I edited the first post.

Yes I'm super excited for this drama too. Shin Hye and Yong Hwa worked great together in YB, they will do better here because they already have that first time meeting grounds established. I hope we get more news on the drama soon. Things are still a bit vague. Can't wait!!

Shin Hye comes from a music family. Her parents are in their church choir and yeah, her brother is in a band.

Since we both know that Shin Hye and Yong Hwa could sing, I have a feeling they will be part of the OST. Yayy!!!

Guest pulpyorange

well guys.. JS pictures is the production house rite??

i found the website here >> JS PICTURES

seriously.. i can't wait any longer.. and yeah i hope yonghwa already improved his acting skill ^^~

for me YH and shinhye pairing is the best..

EDIT:

btw Daum already opened a new "thread" (dunno what should i call this since i don't read hangul) for Festival (still tentative) :rolleyes:

here: DAUM

Guest yongsarang

Two new promotional images from "Festival"

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

I havent seen these pictures but Yong's one was during his Shinwoo days. His hair explains it keke He has black hair now for their new album concept and it suits for his character at the drama as the cold city type guy.

Guest karrenstar

I havent seen these pictures but Yong's one was during his Shinwoo days. His hair explains it keke He has black hair now for their new album concept and it suits for his character at the drama as the cold city type guy.

Thanks for the clarification!

I don't know much about the Yonghwa's one but both images are published by SportsChosun today as the promo images of the drama. Hmm.. Hopefully more images will be out soon!!!!!

Guest CNBlackYong

Hi Guyz.. Joining the "festive" mood for "FESTIVAL".

@stardusts The news was out yesterday, and there is already a soompi thread for this ^^. That was fast... Thanks for starting the thread!

YAY!! A drama staring Yong Hwa and PSH, they are so cute together during BTS of YAB. Can't wait to see more of their interaction in the drama.

The character looks like tailored-made for YH. Him being a vocalist of a band and strong passion of music. That is so YH style.

I wonder CNB brothers will have cameo in this drama. That would be interesting!

@pulpyorange ('_;) Thanks for the links..

Wow.. JS Production made a LOT of drama (but didnt watch any of them) A sign of big company. I hope they make a great story line bcoz they already have a great casts on their hand.

Archived