서바이벌 나는 가수다

10hr8ci.jpg

Station: MBC

Broadcast Date: March 6, 2011 - present

Broadcast time: 5:20 KST

MC: Lee So Ra Yoon Do Hyun Yoon Jong Shin

Website: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/sundaynight/index.html

Synopsis
: Survival I Am a Singer is a singing competition where top singers from South Korea given a stage to move the hearts of the audience. In the first 4 episodes, the singers were given one song mission and two weeks to practice. The audience votes for their favorite performance and the rankings are announced. One singer will be eliminated, and a new singer will fill that seat. Due to a controversy involving the PD, there was a change in PDs.

New Rule: the artists will perform twice every three weeks. Their final rankings will be a summation of their scores for both performances. Singers who place last for both performances will have to give up their spot to another singer. Rankings will continue to be based on the votes of the live audience at each performance.

New Rule: If a singer survives on the show 7 times during every elimination, they will graduate from the show.

thanks to sprezzatura

Episode 01
: (03-06-11)

Singers: Kim BumSoo, Yoon DoHyun (YB), Jung Yeop, Baek JiYoung, Kim GunMo, Park JungHyun, Lee Sora

Comedians: Park MyungSoo, Kim JaeDong, Kim ShinYoung, Park HwiSoon, Ji SangRyul, Kim TaeHyun, Lee ByungJin

Episode 02
: (03-13-11)

Mission: Songs from 1985-1990

Episode 03
: (03-20-11)

Elimination:
NONE

Episode 04
: (03-27-11)

Mission: singers switch each other's hit songs and make it their own.

Elimination:
Jung Yeop

Episode 05
: (04-24-11)

Recap episode.

Episode 06
: (05-01-11)

(Baek Jiyoung & Kim Gunmo leaves.)

New Singers: Yim Jaebum, BMK, Kim Yeonwoo

New Comedian: Go YoungWook

Mission: singers choose songs of theirs they want to sing.

Episode 07
: (05-08-11)

Mission: singers choose songs they want to sing.

Episode 08
: (05-15-11)

Mission: netizens song choices for each singer.

Episode 09
: (05-22-11)

Elimination:
Kim Yeonwoo

Episode 10
: (05-29-11)

(Yim Jaebum leaves.)

New Singers: JK Kim Dongwook, Ock Joohyun

New Comedian: Song EunYi

Mission: singers choose songs from their favorite musicians.

Episode 11
: (06-05-11)

Mission: audiences song choices for each singer.

Episode 12
: (06-12-11)

Elimination:
Lee Sora

Episode 13
: (06-19-11)

(JK Kim Dongwook leaves.)

New Singers: Jo Kwanwoo, Jang Hyejin

Episode 14
: (06-26-11)

Mission: audience song choices for each singer.

Episode 15
: (07-03-11)

Elimination:
BMK

Episode 16
: (07-10-11)

New Singer: Kim Johan

Mission: songs singers would like to challenge.

Episode 17
: (07-17-11)

Episode 18
: (07-24-11)

Elimination:
Ock Joohyun

Episode 19
: (07-31-11)

New Singer: Jaurim

Episode 20
: (08-07-11)

Episode 21
: (08-14-11)

Elimination:
YB

Episode 22
: (08-21-11)

(Kim Bumsoo and Park Junghyun graduates.)

New Singers: Insooni, Bobby Kim, Yoon Minsoo (Vibe)

Mission: singers sing their own songs.

Episode 23
: (08-28-11)

Mission: singers choose a song from the 30 songs chosen by the critics.

Episode 24
: (09-04-11)

Mission: hit songs from the 1990s.

Episode 25
: (09-11-11)

Elimination:
Kim Johan

Episode 26
: (09-18-11)

New Singer: Kim Kyungho

Episode 27
: (09-25-11)

Mission: Jo Yongpil Special

Episode 28
: (10-02-11)

Elimination:
Jo Kwanwoo

Episode 29
: (10-09-11)

New Singer: Cho Kyuchan

Mission: duet mission

Episode 30
: (10-16-11)

Mission: singers choose songs they want to sing at the Australian concert.

Episode 31
: (10-23-11)

Elimination:
Cho Kyuchan

Episode 32
: (10-30-11)

Special stage: Australian concert

Episode 33
: (11-06-11)

New Singer: Gummy

Mission: choose songs they want to sing

Episode 34
: (11-13-11)

Mission: singers sing each others songs

Episode 35
: (11-20-11)

Elimination:
Jang Hyejin

Episode 36
: (11-27-11)

New Singer: Juk woo

Episode 37
: (12-04-11)

Mission: San Ul Lim Special

Episode 38
: (12-11-11)

Elimination:
Insooni

Episode 39
: (12-18-11)

New Singer: Park Wangyu

Episode 40
: (12-25-11)

Mission: songs from past I am a Singer cast members

Episode 41
: (01-01-12)

Elimination:
Bobby Kim

Episode 42
: (01-08-12)

(Jaurim graduates)

New Singer: Shin Hyobum, Tei

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chopper!

the show's awesome.

so much suspense, i can't even tell who'll get eliminated! they are ALL such great legends!

Guest Abby012

I just saw this too :) It's crazy how they got so many good singers on one stage for just the FIRST episode... I'm excited to see more of the challenges and stuff!

Guest serendipityyy

i have been SO excited for this show

its like american idol on steroids.. cannot wait to watch <33

i was really hyped up when this started~really i LOVEd the concept but the PD ruined the show for me~of course this is a variety but the main reason we are watching the show is bcoz of the singers and inserting clips of ppl talking while they were singing is just WRONG IMO~ T__T i hope this will be improved soon~ and i still think that they should bring a diff MC,not bcoz i do not like LSR as the MC but bcoz its wierd to hav her MC while competing~

other than that,the show is <3 how did they get such great singers to agree to this? <3 i cant wait for next week and see what will they bring to us~

Guest dramaok

this show is really gutsy. i can't believe the caliber of the singers they got.

yeah they need better pd and staff maybe. :ph34r:

but the singers are A+++ and some guts they got coming on the show. WOW.

Guest Jenanime

I am so happy to see this show! I hope someone subs it, and I'm glad Do-Hyun actually has all of YB on stage helping him. :)

Guest yeohweping

Official show twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/7singer

MBC "I'm a singer" is very exciting. Although Jung Yub got last this week, he wasn't kicked out of the show as the kicking starts next week.

Next week,all 7 singers'll be playing Russian roulette to determine the genes of the songs that they'll be singing.The 7th gets kick out

Along with the Managers that they have signed, the manager of the 7th singer gets kick out as well & a new singer/manager will replace them

Guest timpa

Wow this show has an awesome collection of talented Korean singers. Friggin amazing they have them all for this thing. It makes me wonder who would be the replacements when one is voted off since they already have some of the most famous singers of the past 20 years in this thing. They've set the bar really friggin high... Just in awe watching this and seeing the names in it.

I also wonder at what point a PD will go "Hmm, you know we need to get some more interest among younger viewers" and then they toss on a young idol. I think right now the junior singer of the show is the Jung Yeop from Browneyed Soul right? Since they debuted in the 00's and every other single debuted in the 90s I think. Not that you'd know it looking at Lena Park. I swear she looks more like she was born in 1986 than 1976.

LOL @ Kim Jae Dong being rejected by Lee Sora and Lena Park haha. Poor guy I expected him to next go to Baek Ji Young, but guess his pride was hurt and he didn't want to be rejected by all three women ;)

The next episode preview... JI SANG RYUL CUTS HIS HAIR? Are you serious? His hair is like his trademark.

Guest adikkeluangman

I just watched this and it awesome. The first epi. is too good to be true. Come on they are like the best singers. If only Park Hyo Shin can enter this show. My life will be complete.

So how's last week position goes. I saw someone mention Jung Yub on last position. I hope the PD will truly maintain the concept and do not include popular-idols-that-barely-can-sing just because of rating sake.

Guest chopper!

about the idol thing, I'm pretty sure the PD isn't going to put idols becus I read the somewhere that the stage was made for the legends since music programs are bombarded with idols nowadays. So yay ;D

I hope lee seung chul or sung si kyung can enter this x) haha

Guest lucky_moon

after a great performances by all the singers ( I loved Kim Bumsoo, it reminds me with STH with Choi Jiwoo & Kwon sangwoo :tears: a song that moves the heart) others were awesome too. this show is the best show at least we got to hear amazing real voices.

The Results: 1st: Park Junghyun 22.5% 2nd: Kim Bumsoo 15%, 3rd: Kim Gunmo 14.5%, 4th: Yoon Dohyun 12.5%, 5th: Baek Jiyoung 12%, 6th: Lee Sora 11%, 7th: Jung Yup 10%

This show is Daebak, its the best way to spend your weekend watching :lol:

The Rating 110306:

TNS: 6.1%

AGB: 8.9%

Guest timpa

about the idol thing, I'm pretty sure the PD isn't going to put idols becus I read the somewhere that the stage was made for the legends since music programs are bombarded with idols nowadays. So yay ;D

I hope lee seung chul or sung si kyung can enter this x) haha

I hope that would be the case because while there are some undoubtedly truly exceptional and talented singers among idols today I like that this show features legendary Korean singers and I worry about the voting being 'tainted' if a hugely popular young idol is introduced.

I think in terms of career and ability the only active idol today who would belong on this stage is BoA. She debuted in 2000 which is 1 year after Baek Ji Young... Her vocals are great and she's a legend in Kpop AND Jpop. But like I said an active popular idol would slant the votes especially if this show uses any kind of fan voting via internet/telephone/text messaging/etc...

I think a good choice for a future addition to the show would be Shin Seung Hoon when he completes his two 20th anniversary concerts in the US which are the end of this month in New Jersey & California. So as long as the show is still going in April or May maybe then?

Seo Taiji would be awesome to have on as well, but he's still such a giant draw that it may be hard to get him to commit to the show.

I watched the first episode of the show only because Moon Geun Young's recent Cyworld BGM updates all had songs from it (She seems to be a fan of the show), but I'm glad I watched it. Such great and moving performances by all of the seven singers. Can't wait until the eliminations begin.

Guest ieyzAn

this show is aweeeeeeeesssomeeeeeeeeeeee. based on the 2nd episode preview, who do u guys think will be eliminated??? i want lena park n kim bum soo to stay. but i've a feeling that lena park will be out this week bcause in the preview, everyone seems to be suprised

First of all, I'm so glad that they have a show like this - I loved seeing these awesome singers, and all on one show to boot!

The other thing I love is watching these revered singers are placed out of their element (you know, they're typical fare: nice little chats between their performances in the music show, or simply hosting shows). They are entertaining still with their dignity intact (without having to succumb to K-variety antics).

I have to agree with the results given the performances these artists gave for the show. It was fun seeing these confident singers nervous, and it came across in their performances. Kim Gun Mo was so funny where observed how Kim Bum Soo looked like he was putting in a lot of effort when he was singing.

Lena's didn't seem to be in her best condition but her performance was indeed the most moving one. I thought hands down that Baek Ji Young would win, but it could because she didn't come across as confident as her usual self. It was surprising to see her so nervous.

Then again, these singers deeply respect each other and to think they are competing against each other would be nerve-wracking regardless what they think of their own talent.

Guest evalant89

Do you think anyone will sub this show? I am dying to know wht they are singing and talking about =D

Archived