Best Face Primer?

AiriinxKumori

been researching like mad for a good primer to invest in. so far I have been overwhelmed by the mix of reviews for bestsellers on sephora.com and random googled beauty product reviews. so what is recommended as best all over face primer?

*note: I also posted this in recommendations thread but there has been no answer.

Guest RelenaChung15

I've been doing research on primers too. I've seen a lot of good reviews on smashbox and Mac primers. I recently bought Laneige sebum control primer but I'll let you know how it is when it arrives in the mail

If you are on a low budget, I highly recommend Monistat Chafe-Relief Powder-Gel. It's main ingredient is dimethicone, which is the basic ingredient in face primers. It has high ratings from Makeupalley.com, which was the reason why I bought it. My mom recently tried it and she loved it so much that she took it from me. ^^; I find that it works just as well, if not better, as high end facial primers. It is super silky and feels so good to put on. My foundation glides easily over my face. I can't recommend it enough!

I've been doing research on primers too. I've seen a lot of good reviews on smashbox and Mac primers. I recently bought Laneige sebum control primer but I'll let you know how it is when it arrives in the mail

I heard them as well. been quite hesitant on gettting it though. oh thanks keep me posted

I actually really like the Hard Candy Sheer Envy primer. It's cheap, lots of product, and works with my dry skin.

hmm...i have normal skin not dry, oily or anything other skin types. i wonder if it will still work ok on me.

I like the SANA primers. People compliment my skin when I wore it 

how much is it and where do you get it?

If you are on a low budget, I highly recommend Monistat Chafe-Relief Powder-Gel. It's main ingredient is dimethicone, which is the basic ingredient in face primers. It has high ratings from Makeupalley.com, which was the reason why I bought it. My mom recently tried it and she loved it so much that she took it from me. ^^; I find that it works just as well, if not better, as high end facial primers. It is super silky and feels so good to put on. My foundation glides easily over my face. I can't recommend it enough!

oh how long does the primer last?

I'd say get a couple things that peak your interest from Sephora. I just bought the sample sized smashbox primer and I love it. Remember, at Sephora's you can return ANYTHING you don't like, even if you've already used it :)

I'd say get a couple things that peak your interest from Sephora. I just bought the sample sized smashbox primer and I love it. Remember, at Sephora's you can return ANYTHING you don't like, even if you've already used it :)

i didn't know they had sample size! maybe i'll get that before getting the real thing.

A couple people I know love the smashbox photo finish primer.

I've also heard good things about the benefit that gal primer, although that gives you more of a "glow" than acts as a primer.

I personally don't use primers but I've played around with both:

Smashbox is more gel-like in consistency and clear, while the Benefit one is more cream-like and pinkish/coral in color. Both primers apply really smoothly.

good luck finding one!

Guest easyascake

i like korres' face primer which i use as a moisturizer sometimes

and i've begun using urban decay's complexion primer potion which is quite effective for me.

I use SANA Pore Putty Clear make up base (bought on sasa)

its my first ever, so i can't really compare, but i do like it a lot ^^ 

i love how smooth my skin feels after i apply it 

sometimes it tends to ball up though.. im not really sure why, but it prob me doing something wrong :D

anyhow, i think its a good thing to try out since its so cheap ^^ 

Archived