[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest o-cha

[sBS] Jang Hyuk, Lee Min Jung, Kim Hee Ae, Noh Min Woo
headerun.jpg

Official Title : 마이더스

English Title : Midas

Main Cast : Jang Hyuk, Lee Min Jung, Kim Hee Ae, Noh Min Woo

PD: Kang Shin Hyo 강신효(Tazza)

Scriptwriter: Choi Wan Gyoo 최완규(All In, Jumong, Love Story In Harvard)

Production Company : JS Pictures 제이에스픽쳐스

Broadcast Station : SBS

First Broadcast : 22 February 2011(replacing Athena: Goddess of War)

Broadcast Times : Mon-Tues 21:55 (Korea Time)

Number of Episodes: 16 (tentative)

Official Site : http://tv.sbs.co.kr/midas

Synopsis :

The background of the drama is about life in the mergers & acquisitions, stock market and financial world, as well as the lives of chaebols. This drama is penned by the famous writer Choi Wan Gyoo (of Jumong, All In, Love Story In Harvard, and many others) and directed by Kang Shin Hyo (of Tazza). Midas will be replacing Athena:Goddess of War with a start date of February 22,2011.

Midas had its first script reading on December 24, 2010 and is currently in the middle of filming.

Character Information : (translated by o-cha & No Min Woo's Facebook page)

dohyunofficialsbs.jpg

jungyunofficialsbs.jpg

inhyeceng.jpg

myungjoonceng.jpg

chunhojin.jpg

Choi Kook Hwan (Chun Ho Jin) -- The character who changed Do Hyun's life. He is someone who opened Do Hyun's eyes to money and he's also the one who awakened Do Hyun's ambitions.

kimsungkyum.jpg

Yoo Pil Sang (Kim Sung Kyum) -- His wealth is only in the trillions of won but that seems to small compared to the way his family lives.

yoonjemoon.jpg

Yoo Sung Joon (Yoon Je Moon) -- Yoo In Hye's second oldest brother. A typical 2nd generation chaebol boss. He is someone who always excels in what he does. Because of this he is extremely arrogant to the point of being self absorbed.

choijungwoo.jpg

Yoo Ki Joon (Choi Jung Woo) -- Yoo In Hye's oldest brother. Through the development and speculation of Yoo Pil Sang's real estate, he established Yoo Sung Construction where he is made president.

hanyooee.jpg

Yoo Mi Ran (Han Yoo Ee) -- Yoo In Hye's younger sister. A typical spoiled rich girl. She is known in Kangnam clubs as Korea's Paris Hilton.

leedukhwa.jpg

Kim Dae Sung (Lee Duk Hwa) -- Do Hyun's father. He left child Do Hyun and Do Hyun's mother to look for a gold mine going around the country.

kimsungoh.jpg

Kim Do Chul (Kim Sung Oh) -- Do Hyun's half brother. He lives his life taking advantage of others without the slightest bit of reserve.

Lee Yong Kook -- Jung Yun's father. He raised Jung Yun with firm and sincere while he worked at the ironworks.

Character Relationship Chart :

charactercharteng.jpg

Official Videos :

Teaser Teaser1 10sec| Teaser2 15 sec| Teaser3 15sec| Teaser4 30 sec| Teaser 5|Highlight Clip

Episode 1 Torrent| Baros|Hanrel xVid| Hanrel 450p| Hanrel 720p| Medium Quality

Episode 2 Torrent| Hanrel xVid and 450p

Episode 3 Torrent| xVid CEO, Hanrel and 450pAll raw videos can also be downloaded via am-addiction| itskpopish| kpopweb

Streaming Videos can be seen on Midas' ViKi channel

English Subtitles :

WITHS2 has this drama under possible project. To check on subbing status

CTS version softsubs episode 1

Chinese Subtitles:

Episode 1

Episode 2

Official Soundtrack :

ost1.jpg

Pat 1 released 02/23/2011

Naver link: http://music.naver.com/album/index.nhn?albumId=190859

니가 천국이다 (You Are Heaven) -- 강승윤 (Kang Seung Yoon) D/L | Youtube| MV니가 천국이다 (You Are Heaven) Instrumental

Zip| sendspace

ost2z.jpg

Part 2 released 02/28/2011

Naver link: http://music.naver.com/album/index.nhn?albumId=191099

기다리고 싶어 (I Want To Wait) -- 거미 (Gummy) D/L | Youtube| MV| sendspace

Part 3 released

Naver link: http://music.naver.com/album/index.nhn?albumId=191249#

She Will Dance -- Na Yoon Kwon D/LOther Videos :

SBS Hanbam Interview part 1 part 2

Pictures :

official1.th.jpgofficial2c.th.jpgjungyun1.th.jpgjungyun2.th.jpgdohyun3.th.jpgdohyun4.th.jpgdhjy3.th.jpgdhjy2.th.jpgdhjy1.th.jpg6zlh11.th.jpg10z95av.th.jpgoaygsl.th.jpg

More pics STILL A STILL B STILL C STILL D STILL E

Screencaps 1 2

Wallpaper

headerun.th.jpgfullsizephoto150850.th.jpg

dohyun2.th.jpgfullsizephoto150849.th.jpgfullsizephoto150847.th.jpg

More posters

Ratings:

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome gals! hehehehe

yup qwenli you are absolutely right. They probably won't start shooting until Jan. Especially since Jang Hyuk is currently filming a movie.

Nonetheless I am really looking forward to the pairing of Lee Min Jung & Jang Hyuk. Both are really really good actors.

I'm curious who will play the second male lead to go with Kim Hee Ae.

Let's see who I'd like to see in that role (a chaebol role)..Kim Seung Woo would be good and it's been over a year since he did IRIS.

Thanks o-cha.  I want to keep my sights for this one.  I only know Hyuk from Chuno and the other cast members so far are new.

The storyline grabbed me as I think he will nail his character.  I like sharks that turn and it seems that he will play a shark schooled in the game that reforms unbeknownst to some.....

After reading the character info, there are similarities like Tazza.

Only watched Lee Min Jung in Searching for the Elephant before and she's Jang Hyuk ssi's sister. Hope they are comfortable with each other acting in their love scenes :wub:

Just read on DC that the script up to episode 3 is done. That's a good sign.

hahatk: I think in general Jang Hyuk likes to play characters that evolve. Usually from a rascal type to a changed man. For example Thank You, Robbers, Tazza (not so much though?), and Chuno.

Ohhh Lee Min Jung is wonderful. She is very charming. You should watch her in Smile, You. She is a good actress and has that certain charisma. I can't wait to see her chemisty with Hyuk.

mskololia1: There's no one better than Hyuk to play the bad boy-turn-good character hehehe. Like I said above. LMJ is a really good actress too so we should really look forward to this drama. Kim Hee Ae's last drama 'My Man's Woman' was a big hit too and she is a well regarded actress...so really so fat the cast is solid.

the girl who!: welcome welcome! I was so happy to hear Min Jung-Hyuk casting too. Don't forget to share any Midas news here, ok? ;)

Guest cancerb

YAY for a MIDAS Thread, thanks for starting it,.

Based on the plot, this is actually not my type of drama, but JangHyuk-MinJung colaboration, I CERTAINLY CANT MISS THIS :lol:

I just read 2 very different description of Kim Hee Ae's characters. Not sure which one is correct. Or if maybe one was the original description then somehow later the character description changed drastically. Anyway here are the two that I read.

1. Kim Hee Ae's character is described to be in her 40s. She started out as a Hotel Maid and eventually worked her way up to becoming a Chaebol (tycoon). She will be Jang Hyuk's rival.

2. Kim Hee Ae is a nurse at a hospital that caters to VIPs. Lee Min Jung is a new nurse at that hospital. Kim He Ae's character becomes a mistress to a rich chaebol. Eventually after some time she becomes the owner of several companies. Jang Hyuk plays a lawyer that will go up against this irregularity/corruption.

Option #2 seems like the more plausible option given that news articles have written before that LMJ's character is a nurse. And that'll also match with what was written about how KHA is involved with a chaebol. I guess we'll find out more eventually.....

cancerb: yup...my thoughts exactly. It's not normally my kind of drama...but I'd watch anything with Jang Hyuk-Lee Min Jung :lol:

Merry Christmas to everyone that celebrates it!

o-cha, I'd rather his change come from within due to pre-existing conditions that were at work before some outward love interest further highlights the error of his ways confirming what he already knows....Better yet, if we have two main leads that are eschewed and together go through a change like caterpillars morphing into beautiful butterflies in the end would be terrific.  They can help dig each other out of the pits they got themselves into.

I like the second option for Kim Hee Ae as it plays into my scenario. 

mskololia1: Nicely said! It really would be nice if the transformation happened in more than 1 character.

Just got a tip from jen over @ Hyuk thread---Jang Hyuk's manager said that

Midas had its first script reading on December 24

YAAAAYYYYY!!! That means they might actually start filming as planned. The plan was to start shooting on the last week of December. Seems like it's happening...yeahhh.

Merry Christmas to all the Midas threader

(*we should find a better way to call ourselves...hehehe. Any suggestions?)

Midas had its first script reading on December 24

YAAAAYYYYY!!! That means they might actually start filming as planned. The plan was to start shooting on the last week of December. Seems like it's happening...yeahhh.

lolzzzzzzzz! xDDD i knew it! thanks for the info o-cha!!! :w00t:

merry xmas to all !!!

Thanks o-cha....I am glad to read that they started work on this one.  Maybe they will have some episodes ready before production in March....

The leading ladies intertwining stories should be interesting as "nurses" are generally considered caring individuals.

Guest cancerb

Just curious, Is this drama a manga-based one?? Or has any mythology related story, coz as i remember MIDAS is one of ancient Greece/Rome myth right?

And according to the table hahtk posted above, the premiere will be on Feb 21st, YAYYYY..

Just curious, Is this drama a manga-based one?? Or has any mythology related story, coz as i remember MIDAS is one of ancient Greece/Rome myth right?

And according to the table hahtk posted above, the premiere will be on Feb 21st, YAYYYY..

I don't think it is based on any manga. The chart is probably just because there's no official pic from the drama yet. As far as mythology goes...I don't know if the drama is based on it at all or not. But you are correct that Midas is part of the Greek myth.

I'm thinking the title Midas might have something to do with how one (or more) of the characters doing all they can to be wealthy but then later realize that money can be a bane and as a result change their lives completely.

mskololia1: I'm just curious how Kim Hee Ae's character makes the transition from a nurse to a chaebol.

I'm also imagining injured/sick Jang Hyuk being taken care of by Lee Min Jung ^_^ . I'm sure there's an interesting story on LMJ's character too..wonder what it'll be....

hahatk: thanks for posting all those info!

Gosh yeah I guess if there's no special episodes for Athena then there's a chance Midas might start on Feb 21. They're on a really tight shooting schedule.

Archived