experienced street fighter vs. Black Belt in Karate

green papaya

Ive seen people who claim to be Black belt in Karate get easily beaten up by experienced street fighters that never had any formal martial arts training

so just because a person is black belt doesnt mean they will win everytime

you need real life street fighting skills, my friend knocked a big guy out with one punch one time on the street and he bragged he was a black belt.

Ive seen people who claim to be Black belt in Karate get easily beaten up by experienced street fighters that never had any formal martial arts training

so just because a person is black belt doesnt mean they will win everytime

you need real life street fighting skills, my friend knocked a big guy out with one punch one time on the street and he bragged he was a black belt.

a little tip for everyone is to be humble and nice to people in real life.

it doesnt matter if you are fedor emelianenko or brock lesnar. both of them can be beat up by any street fighter. they can use weapons and jump at you in gangs. its best to give up your belongings than your life if someone threatens you with a knife/gun.

also if you ever get into a street fight their are NO RULES, the other guy might fight dirty and poke your eyes or smash your head with a metal pipe or something

on the streets there is NO SUCH THING AS A FAIR FIGHT, no time out or anything like that, if you get seriously injured they might keep stomping you while your down or kick your teeth out even if your no longer fighting.

thats why it's better to avoid fights unless you have no choice

I was under the impression that martial artists are trained to defend themselves assuming there were no rules?

The only ones that I heard of that must fight fairly are the ones that only train to compete.

For that matter, my buddy carries a japanese sword on him in public. The sheath is custom-made as an umbrella so no one suspects a thing.

Several imitations have been produced based on this design for the purposes of scaring people off, but it appears that most people think no genuine design actually exists.

plz don't pull a gun on him, you'll probably lose a hand the second you reveal your weapon of choice.

a little tip for everyone is to be humble and nice to people in real life.

it doesnt matter if you are fedor emelianenko or brock lesnar. both of them can be beat up by any street fighter. they can use weapons and jump at you in gangs. its best to give up your belongings than your life if someone threatens you with a knife/gun.

Anyone that is going to rob someone usually produces or indicates that they have a weapon on them.

Well, I don't mind giving up my stuff, but I only carry $5 on me and no valuables so the guy might kill me anyways cause I wasted his time.

f***

Guest Malice_Kaiser

I think the issue here is street fighters vs REAL martial artists. Many, many, many martial arts academies/dojos/whatever just hand out black belts like they're nothing. Supposed "black belt" fighters who come out of those places don't learn an ounce of discipline and have no actual skills. But they paid the money and memorized the motions so they got the belt.

For the few places that actually train people to be good martial artists, I feel there is no contest. There are things martial artists can do that a street fighter simply couldn't anticipate or counteract. A simple sweep and they're on the ground with the wind knocked out of them.

In response to the OP's friends... I feel like a real black belt has enough discipline to not wear his ranking on his sleeve and brag about it.

Guest xkrn4lyfx

well, i'm a black belt and i think any street fighter could probably kick my richard simmons, because i'm a black belt in taekwondo, one of the most useless martial arts there is. know why it's useless? taekwondo is a SPORT through and through. just like how you wouldn't say a tennis player has a good chance in a street fighter, you can't say a taekwondo practitioner has a good chance in a street fight.

there's too many rules, you can't grab the other person's leg, as one of the biggest examples. then no punches to the face, no grappling, no "dirty" moves like spitting or using your environment, then there's all the gear you gotta wear for protection. if you wanna learn how to be good in a street fight, learn MMA and you'll be able to take almost anyone down with ease

Guest knockblock

I don't even need street fighting experience.

Black gun trumps black belt every time.

That's sure an easy way to beat an opponent.

That's sure an easy way to beat an opponent.

when your life is at stake, you dont have time to fight fair, a person can get killed by a beating just as easily as by a bullet

some people are unfit to fight especially when going against a bigger / stronger opponent

if a big 300 pound black guy tried to rob me and I had a gun I would definitely use it on him, unless you want to take a chance on him killing you first.

the gun is the equalizer, a smaller weaker person can easily defend against a much bigger / stronger person

Guest pepsi_twist9

It depends. There are "fake" dojos where honestly the martial arts mean nothing. A lot of it is just the money, it sucks but it's true. if you are a true martial arts master though then yeah I think you have a pretty good chance in a street fight, but most black belts aren't.

the gun is the equalizer, a smaller weaker person can easily defend against a much bigger / stronger person

I'm sure a gun means you're definitely going to win if the other person doesn't have a gun.

I mean even if you've never had training before it can't be THAT hard to successfully land a hit right?

I've often wondered how I should react in such a situation. There's 0% chance that you can actually hope to AVOID a gunshot if you made a quick run for it at strange angles cause I'm sure most people with guns are able to shoot moving targets with fairly high accuracy (cause humans are pretty big), and if you try to go up against him there's 0% chance you'll get close enough without getting shot at.

So if a guy pulls a gun you're pretty much screwed :(

claiming blackbelts is just boastful. it's true that blackbelts are buyable. it's bad, but that's how it is.

knowing karate doesn't mean you know how to fight. it just means you know how to make cool/difficult movements that can hurt people if you can actually apply them yourself, as in "think of them" during a fight.

Guest xkrn4lyfx

I'm sure a gun means you're definitely going to win if the other person doesn't have a gun.

I mean even if you've never had training before it can't be THAT hard to successfully land a hit right?

I've often wondered how I should react in such a situation. There's 0% chance that you can actually hope to AVOID a gunshot if you made a quick run for it at strange angles cause I'm sure most people with guns are able to shoot moving targets with fairly high accuracy (cause humans are pretty big), and if you try to go up against him there's 0% chance you'll get close enough without getting shot at.

So if a guy pulls a gun you're pretty much screwed :(

ever play counter strike? which target's the easiest to hit? the target that's right in front of you, or about 5 meters ahead of you?

even with a gun, it's hard to hit someone when they get really close to you, sure, the distance is less, but possible angles that you have to shoot at increases.

ever play counter strike? which target's the easiest to hit? the target that's right in front of you, or about 5 meters ahead of you?

even with a gun, it's hard to hit someone when they get really close to you, sure, the distance is less, but possible angles that you have to shoot at increases.

That's true, but can anyone possibly close that distance fast enough before the guy goes "wait, he's not going to comply"?

The second you take a step forward he'll shoot, be it out of reflex or not. I believe anyone that carries a gun knows how to use it and will use it effectively. Otherwise, what's the point? Decoration?

Archived