Success in life means money.

Guest sahaam

It's true.

If you have money, and lots of it, you open the path to a lot of opportunities that other poor, impoverished people do not have.

Of course, you don't necessarily need to walk down those paths to be successful, but for the most part if you want success, you will need money.

if a poor person wins the 30 million dollar lottery, thats not really success, thats more of good luck from a gamble

but just having lots of money means your the boss, you dont have to listen to anybody, money buys almost everything

success is more from something you accomplished to get ahead in life, like earning your Medical degree and becomming a successful doctor

I dont really consider it success if the person didnt earn it or they inherited lots of money, that just good fortune that doesnt mean your a success

it all depends how you got lots of money? if a guy robs a bank and gets away with it, he is not a success, he's a THIEF, a no good crimminal and a worthless unsuccessful person.

Guest Want2LoveU

Everyone views success as being associated with money. But being wealthy doesn't necessarily mean happiness. Sure it would be nice to be wealthy, but happiness depends on the person. If I was wealthy I would be happy cause I can buy everything I want, and help the poor. That alone brings me great happiness =) But really who wouldn't want to be wealthy? If it was there for the taking I bet everyone will like to be wealthy. I mean you can be just as happy living without wealth, than living with wealth.

Money can be a great friend, but at the same time an enemy. If money can solve a problem, it isn't a problem. The real problem is money.

Guest dkaufman11

In this day and age, Success is far more than just money, especially when you consider there are a lot of very wealthy people out there that have made their money in dirty and disgusting manners.  Success should be defined as something that is all encompassing.  It should include a list of things that are important to life.  I consider myself a very successful person, however, there has been more than one time in my life where money was in short supply.

if a poor person wins the 30 million dollar lottery, thats not really success,  thats more of good luck from a gamble

but just having lots of money means your the boss, you dont have to listen to anybody, money buys almost everything

success is more from something you accomplished to get ahead in life, like earning your Medical degree and becomming a successful doctor

I dont really consider it success if the person didnt earn it or they inherited lots of money, that just good fortune that doesnt mean your a success

it all depends how you got lots of money? if a guy robs a bank and gets away with it, he is not a success, he's a THIEF, a no good crimminal and a worthless unsuccessful person.

Wrong sir.  Look at the positioning of the words.  Success in life MEANS money.  If you follow grammar and then interpret the sentence accordingly, that means that your first example is invalid because that is not money gained through success!

success in life means personality. money comes when you have a great personality. because with a personality you can become someone rich.

Someone may be smart, but if they have no personality, even if they had all that money they aint going to be happy if they had no friends, no no one etc... then whats so successful about them?

Success automatically is happiness... if you can be happy in life you are successful.

It makes sense if you think about it, because you want money to buy things to make you happy.

Its all about happiness.. how and what it takes to make you happy is up to you.

Personality sells... e.g kevjumba, nigahiga, bubzbeauty. im sure they smart, but its their personality that stands out.

Wrong sir.  Look at the positioning of the words.  Success in life MEANS money.  If you follow grammar and then interpret the sentence accordingly, that means that your first example is invalid because that is not money gained through success!

I said winning the lottery is NOT SUCCESS, I never said it's successful? I said that was just good luck

To me, at this point in my life, success = money which leads to independence and what not. Personally, money will do a lot of good than bad...not much materialistically but donating some and putting it to good use to benefit others.

Guest The-Entity

Having money = FINANCIAL success

There are other kinds of success. Parenting success. Academic success. Athletic success. Literary success. Scientific success. Etc.

A person having money doesn't mean they're successful. It means they're financially successful, but might not necessarily mean they're a successful person overall.

Guest legweak17

I SLIGHTLY agree with that statement, but to me you could be successful in lots of ways.  For instance, you could be successful in the fact that you end up spending you're life with someone who loves and cares for you just as much as you love and care for them.  You could also be successful by accomplishing all the goals you've set for yourself, or by doing what you want to do with your life, even if that means not eaning a great deal of money. 

I agree that you could be successful if you work really hard you're whole life (in both school and the work field) to become something such as a doctor, lawyer, scientist, inventor, etc., and end up earning a lot of money.  Even some actors/actresses, singers, and dancers work hard in acting, music, or dance school in order to become a successful actor/actress, singer, or dancer.  But then again, all these situations involve people working hard to accomplish their goals; they just happen to earn a nice salary as an extra plus.  All in all, I guess this question is a matter of perspective, but I don't think that the only way to be successful in life is to have a lot of money. 

Guest xiaoru1747228

Well, ok. So I look at things...differently?

To me being successful doesn't always have to be about money. And Life is a total different thing and shouldn't belong in this category.

To me, being successful means being wealthy enough to carry a comfortable living. Some people think that being successful is like... being a CEO of a business while others just sit in a cubicle creating and editting computer codes. Honestly, doing what you love and making enough money to be comfortable is what I define successful as.

To me, Life is...different. In life, we expereince different "flavors" (that's what I call it). The adrenaline rushes are sweet and exciting, the passion and love is spicy and addicting, the deaths are bitter, and leaving and parting with things are sour. To live life means to experience the flavors that make a person's life rich.  Life is just experiences and it really shouldn't have anything to do with money.

JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Guest hyundaisantafe126789

If you have a lot of money ,you can buy expensive cars ,build one or more villas ,travel to many tourist attractions in the world

• 3 years later...

No one has ever been successful from money a lone.

The numbskulls will see success in others based solely on what they see on the outside. This is the characteristic of a stupid person: Someone who can only see on the outside, and is totally ignorant to the inside of things.

On the outside, those men and women adorned in gold, living in large houses, driving fancy cars do indeed look successful. But have you not any insights into anything? Are the senses your only form of wisdom? Look closely.

Is there even such a thing as "owning"? Is there such a thing as possession? The man whose understanding is as barren as the deserts will shout, "Yes! Yes of course! Here is my deed to the house!. Here my receipts for the cars! See? I own it!"

You need to look closely. Very closely. Observe something as close as it can possibly be observed.

What is success?

The only real success is self-realization. The man who understands the truth of himself will know the truth of existence. This understanding IS the philosopher's stone. It changes lead to gold.

It changes the dull and mind-numbing experience of auto-pilot living to a constant ever-lasting effortless paradise, regardless of what happens to you.

Those people who have material riches aren't really happy. They're happy only as long as they keep buying new things. It's like drug. Eventually you'll build a tolerance to your own riches. It'll be great to be rich for a while, but the magic of being rich will wear off as does everything. And then what?

Most go to drugs and alcohol.

The only thing that doesn't wear off is Understanding. You never lose Understanding do you? You can't un-know something. Have you observed this?

You can lose money though. You can lose all of your yachts and cars and houses. And how can this be? Because you never owned the money, the yachts, the cars, and the houses. They are there own thing. You just happen to have a good agreement with the rest of us, so the masses let you keep all your goodies as per the agreement. But you don't really own it. You never will.

And that's why journeying to material accumulation is the dumbest thing anyone can spend their lives doing. You will waste your lives chasing gold, while you go on completely undeveloped.

There will never again be another you in all of existence. You are here now for a moment, and then soon, gone forever. And here you go on chasing riches, when you still don't even know who you really are.

And the catch is, is because the self remains a mystery, we go on chasing things in hopes it fills that gap of ignorance.

Gold, women, drugs, jobs, religion, you name it. Whatever it takes to bring temporary fulfillment, so long as it keeps us from facing ourselves.

Archived