Skinny jeans: when is it fit correctly?

Guest sirce

I don't own any skinny jeans, they are all bootcut. I would like to have skinny jeans because they tend to look better in certain styles. However, all skinny jeans i've tried over the years were not flattering, were not fitted for my type of legs and/or most importantly, it felt like they cut off my blood circulation. And I'm already really skinny, so I can't imagine what thicker people must feel. It's like skinny jeans are supposed to be so tight to your skin that you can't even take them off/on unless you hold on to something. Is this how it is supposed to be? I's so hard to believe, as I've heard so many times how skinny jeans are comfortable, but I've NEVER found skinny jeans that were comfortable and now I think that people are just used to having their legs feel like wrapped sausages or something and say it is comfortable. What do you think?

Also, if you have tips to find comfortable skinny jeans, please do tell.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pandajun-k

All my jeans are skinnys and well, they fit comfortably. They are never too tight, they actually feel just like regular jeans that just wrap around your legs a little. I think you're probably wearing the skinnys in a really small size because they're not suppose to be 'tight' to cut off blood circulation.

Guest likelovers

I'm not sure where you live, but if you have Pacsun where you live, go for their 55 Denim Leggings.  They're jean leggings, but they look just like a normal pair of jeans! (I've seen really fake jean leggings before and those weren't very flattering). The 55 Denim Leggings are really comfortable too cos they're slightly stretchy. (:

Pacsun also has Extreme Skinny jeans and they're not too tight either.  (Their Super Skinnies never are skinny enough for me.)  But I like the Denim Leggings better cos they hug your legs whereas Extreme Skinny can still leave some space and that might make your legs look bigger than they actually are (defeating the purpose of skinnies).

I tried the skinny jeans in my normal size or bigger (but then you can obviously see that the hip-part is too big for me). I even tried different fabrics, but it all feels so tight. I'm not sure if it has to with that I'm used to bootcut, so then there is no pressure at all. Is it normal to have to hold on something when putting on and off the skinny jeans and have to pull on/off the pants when they are stuckish around your ankles/feet? I don't have to do that with bootcut jeans, so I always thought I just had the wrong fit, but after the last couple of years, I'm not that sure anymore.

Also, i live in the Netherlands, so I don't think I could go to Pacsun. Okay, so it's better to find slight stretchy fabrics then..? I don't mind if my legs look bigger, that's actually kind of a plus for me.

Guest WitchGoddess

I tried the skinny jeans in my normal size or bigger (but then you can obviously see that the hip-part is too big for me). I even tried different fabrics, but it all feels so tight. I'm not sure if it has to with that I'm used to bootcut, so then there is no pressure at all. Is it normal to have to hold on something when putting on and off the skinny jeans and have to pull on/off the pants when they are stuckish around your ankles/feet? I don't have to do that with bootcut jeans, so I always thought I just had the wrong fit, but after the last couple of years, I'm not that sure anymore.

Also, i live in the Netherlands, so I don't think I could go to Pacsun. Okay, so it's better to find slight stretchy fabrics then..? I don't mind if my legs look bigger, that's actually kind of a plus for me.

Have you considered AE jeans? If you get their stretchy skinny jeans I don't think it's too bad. Also, they have this category of jeans that mixes leggings with skinny jeans to make them ultra skinny jeans. I would just shop around for different brands and try on a lot.

Guest duckbutt'

Thats weird, the only jeans I have are skinny jeans. xD They all fit comfortable for me. Try Jeggings, I think you'll find those more comfortable. Forever 21 has a lot of cute ones. But since you only wear bootcut jeans, that might be why you dont feel comfortable in skinnies. Some people just dont like tight jeans, but as for me, I loveeeee skin tight ones. :\ Hope I helped!

Guest SallyIshAwesome

The skinny jeans I own are a little stretchy so they're not tight, but comfortable and I don't have to worry about not fitting them after gaining a little weight. I bought mine at Charlotte Russe, but I'm not sure where they sell them exactly. Just try on different jeans until you find one thats comfortable.

Guest ~dhluvr4ever~

Uh, if they're cutting off your circulation then you're getting sizes

waay too small.

My skinny jeans are wonderful [: They're snug yet stretchy, and amazingly

make my thunder thighs and beastly calves look appealing. AHA.

Gotta find the right pair, yo.

edit: btw, I get mine from American Eagle.

But always shop around, and look at as many places as possible.

I believe there's a perfect skinny jean for everyone (x

Guest yukinohana

Isn't the topic creator a guy

oh. well then. you`re just not used to them?

skinny jeans should be snug, but not cutting off circulation.

like others suggested, get some that have stretch

yeahh i understand what you mean. aha. ive only worn like bootcut/straight or whatever, but my mom got me some skinnys and they look ok, they fit ok too but i just feel constricted. like it's too tight--but it isnt.

i think you just need getting used to skinnys.

Straight cut jeans don't look that nice on me, so I prefer bootcut jeans. I think one of the reason that I like bootcut jeans, is that the fit does not have to 100% fitted which is good because my legs are very thin. It's also why I can't wear skinny jeans that are in bigger sizes, because their hipparts are usually too big for me, as in there is space over inside the hipparts/butt area of the skinny jeans. And even then, I sometimes feel that the leg part is too tight with bigger sizes. So now I'm thinking it must be true that skinny jeans are supposed to feel really tight. Ok, maybe not that they actually cut off circulation! But it kinda feels that way, because it is so tight on my legs.

There is no AE or Forever21 or Charlotte Russe in my country. I have looked around in the last couple of years. Different stores, different fabrics, different labels, different prices, but I'll guesss I'll look again.

But can someone tell me how tight it is supposed to be? As in, is it supposed to be easily removable or still harder then bootcut jeans. Are skinny jeans suppose to stop at your ankles/feet so you have to pull them? Are you suppose to hold on to something when putting the skinny jeans on/off?

I'm a girl by the way.

yeahh i understand what you mean. aha. ive only worn like bootcut/straight or whatever, but my mom got me some skinnys and they look ok, they fit ok too but i just feel constricted. like it's too tight--but it isnt.

i think you just need getting used to skinnys.

Yes, I guess so, but because everything feels so tight, I have trouble to figure out what kind of tightness is normal..

Guest duckbutt'

^

lol. Well your just not used to it. Tight jeans...can get a bit uncomfortable at times. I know people who HATE skinny jeans, because to them, it's not comfortable. So thats probably your problem as well. Dont wear things your not comfortable with. Bootcut jeans might just be your kind of style, so I guess, stick with it?

I don't really have a problem with tightness, because I LIKE tight jeans, but if you want to start wearing skinny jeans, then just keep wearing them. You'll get used to it.

Guest oopyecoj

I have skinnies that are almost jeggings, but not quite. They feel almost as tight as my leggings--a little looser. But they look just about as tight as leggings.

Maybe you just are not used to them so you think they're uncomfortable? Or the jeans you've tried don't have enough elasticity?

since i've discovered skinny jeans...i can't go back because my legs just don't look as good in other jeans..=x

yes...i often have problems taking skinny jeans off...but if they fit right...they're never uncomfortable when im actually wearing them. i actually prefer them over regular flared or bootcut jeans because they're form fitting. not so much excess material on the bottom.

anyways...

the reason could be the jean material? it also depends on the shape of your legs. like my legs taper down so i have to find skinnies that have a similar shape or else it'd be tight on the hips and make my legs look shapeless.

you just have to go to a department store or something and try out a bunch of different skinny jeans. and you know what? if you really don't like it...don't wear it. you should be comfortable. don't wear it just because people say it's good.

If you're into Levis like I am, try 514/511/510s. 510s are the super skinny jeans that you see really skinny guys wear, and 514s are looser but still kind of skinny. 511s are a good in-between (these are my favorite). 511s are a perfect fit which look really nice and aren't so tight that you look like you're wearing girl's jeans or where it's difficult to pull off.

Like you I never worn or owned skinny jeans before, I only ever worn straight cuts and bootcuts.

A few weeks ago I got myself some skinny jeans from New Look - from the sale section. Usually being a size 14 meant that it would be really hard for me to find clothes in that size since it seems everyone is mostly a size 14 ==;;

Luckily I found ONE pair of black size 14 skinny jeans and I thought I might as well try on the size 14 super skinny jeans.

The skinny jeans felt like straight cut jeans to me, only that the ends felt slightly tighter, but not overly tight, yet comfortable.

The SUPER skinny jeans were incredibly tight, almost like jeggings. Felt like it was cutting my blood circulation off!

So in the end I got the normal skinny jeans.

Worn them out a few days ago and realised that they were like every other jeans that I wore before, the waist/hip area was slightly large and the jeans tends to slip down after an hour or two of walking ==;; When I mean slip down I mean it could potentially fall right down to my feet and past me butt. (sometimes I wonder if I am actually a size 12, but size 12's don't fit me very well, they cut my blood circulation ¬__¬ ) BTW I personally dislike wearing belts.

So maybe it was better if I got the SUPER skinny's since it would have hugged my legs like no tomorrow and actually stayed on without threatening to fall down.

I personally have issues with all kinda of jeans.

Hence why I move onto leggings and long tops now.

Archived