Do your eyes become more 'deep set' or 'sink in' as you grow older?

Guest ax1989

Guest ax1989

So it looks like you have a prominent nose
I've always been unhappy with my nose bridge - it's weird because mine is low, but my parents have really high nose bridges, naturally, of course. And my mom says that as people grow older, their eyes become more sunk in, or their nose grows taller.... when your eyes sink in, i'm guessing your skin around the eyes becomes thinner and less fat?

Is this possible? Did this happen to anyone? I'm 20 already..... :S

Guest bushybrows

Well I'm still young, but my mom noticed that my nose is starting to develop more cause when you're younger, your nose tends to be flatter and grows in later on. She also said that my eyes got smaller -.- I'm not sure why your nose isn't like your parents though. Maybe your parents kept pinching their noses so that they could have high nose bridges or it's the gene pool. Curse the gene pool.

Guest Swixx

Well I'm still young, but my mom noticed that my nose is starting to develop more cause when you're younger, your nose tends to be flatter and grows in later on. She also said that my eyes got smaller -.- I'm not sure why your nose isn't like your parents though. Maybe your parents kept pinching their noses so that they could have high nose bridges or it's the gene pool. Curse the gene pool.

Your eyes never grow [no, getting ssangapul later on in life doesn't count because the actual SIZE of your eyes have not changed.. they are the same as when you were an infant] whilst your nose and ears never stop growing.

Guest ax1989

your nose never stops growing? so does this mean i have a chance to get a taller nose bridge? lol even if im 20?

Guest kikkie

I think about this a lot too! Judging from my family, eyes and nose doesn't grow much over your lifetime after it's been "set". My grandmother has almost no bridge and she's almost 90. I've seen old black and white pictures but if the nose is supposed to continually grow, her's should be higher, but it's not. If it has grown, it's not a noticeable difference.

In another case, my grandmother's son (my dad) has super deep set eyes. I've seen his high school pictures and he has always had deep set eyes, although my mom (they've known each other since elementary school, so she knows how he looked like when he was a kid) says that since he's gotten fatter that it's less prominent now. lol

I think when people say that the nose continually grows, they are referring to the cartilage part. The bridge of the nose is bone.

Archived