How to transfer pictures from cell phone using a USB cord?

Guest amyoii

Guest amyoii

I have a Sanyo Katana LX. I can't access the internet & my phone's features are very limited. I use it mainly to make phone calls & take pictures. But unfortunately I can't send the pictures & access the web so the only way I can transfer pictures from my phone to my computer is using a USB cable. Does anyone know how can I do this? When I connect the USB cable from my phone to my computer, nothing happen. I went to "My Computer" and it wasn't there under the "Devices with Removable Storage" :( I really need to get some pictures off my phone!! I'm a computer illerate so please bear with me... Any help would be greatly appreciate ^^ Thank you in advance ♥

Some info about my phone if it helps. But believe me, half of it is LIES! >:b

Sanyo Katana LX Features and Specifications

Talk time : 4.8 hrs

Stand by time: 7 days

Weight: 96g

Size: 9.4x4.8x.18 cm

Internal display : 128x160pixels, 2 inches, 65K colors TFT

External display : 96 x 64 pixels, 1'' hidden OLED LCD display

Gentle design

Features

Download ringtones, sceensavers, games and applications

Bluetooth

Text message

Tools including calculator, voice record, alarm clock, calendar

Internal antenna

2-way speakerphone

Picture messaging

VGA camera

Languages - English and Spanish

Specifications:

Network: CDMA (800/1900MHz)

Size:

3.70 x 1.90 x 0.70 inches (94 x 48.2 x 17.7 mm)

3.40 oz (96 g)

Battery:

Type: Li-lon, 840mAh

Talk time: 4.8 hrs

Main display:

Resolution: 128 x 160 pixels

Type: 65 536 colors, TFT

2 inches

Additional display:

Resolution: 96 x 64 pixels

Type: Greyscale, OLED

Camera: 0.3 megapixels VGA

Built-in memory : 7MB

Connectivity:

Internet: Wap 2.0

USB

Guest autumnleavesx

Is there an option that lets you use it as a "mass storage device," or something like that? It's been a while since I had a non-smartphone lol, so I'm not sure exactly, but I remember that used to be what popped up on my old phone or you'd have to manually look for the option on your phone. If that works, your picture folder should be named "DCIM."

Guest amyoii

hmmm it still does not work.

I goes to "Device Manager" -> "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" -> "USB Mass Storage Device" (it has a "!" exlamation sign next to it) and this is what I got.

2rohunn.png

:(

Thanks for your help though ^^

Guest IonNuke

Try a different USB port. Sometimes the IRQ flags will get confused. Happens to me a lot or you can get an application that will release the IRQs unfortunately I don't remember the name of the application lol but it's something alone the lines of usb gate or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigD103

try and set up the camera to store pics on the memory card instead of internal memory. or just goodle sanyo phone drivers or something so you can use a program to pull files off of the phone

Archived