Morning After Pill side-effects

Guest amity

Guest amity
How long does it last?
I took the morning after pill like 2 weeks ago. I felt extremely tired 2 hours after and 5 hours after it made my hormones go beserk. Basically I felt like 10 different emotions at once. I was mostly irritated at everything and wanted to yell at people and things for being rather infelicitous ( I didn't actually yell at things though haha ^^'). Anyway, I read some articles and they said that it the only way to tell if it worked or not was to get your period. I had my period like 4 days after I took the pill. It's been about 2 days since my period ended, but I'm spotting a LOT more than usual, and I'm also pretty depressed and easily irritated (especially when it's with people who are close to me). Like, I dont want to hang out with a good friend of mine now...cuz she kind of irritates me (except she hasn't done anything) and I'm extremely irritated at my boyfriend all the time now, but i'm fine when i'm not talking to him. Also my parents irritate me when I'm talking to them, except that I also miss them a lot. ): So just wondering, how long does the effects of the morning after pill last? I can't really think of other reasons why I'm so moody lately except that.

Guest Pandarah

Maybe it's because you're scared of almost becoming pregnant?

From what I know the side-effects are mainly physical.

Like nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue, etc.etc.

Maybe you should see your doctor about it o.o

Or just take a day off to do everything you like and see how you feel after.

Cause having mood swings might be from the Progestin(?), but I haven't heard of side effects lasting up to two weeks.

Guest cakes

I've never taken that pill, but are you sure you're not just pregnant?

No. She had her period and periods = not pregnant.

Plan B is basically a super high dose of the hormones found in birth control. Maybe some hormones stuck around? I only had nausea for a few hours, but I wasn't cranky or anything. I also respond well to birth control though, so yeah.

If you are super worried, please just go see a doctor. You should also probably think about some sort of contraception (condoms, birth control) in the future. Pregnancy scares really freaking suck. That kind of stress is not worth unprotected sex. (speaking from experience =/)

Guest amity

No. She had her period and periods = not pregnant.Plan B is basically a super high dose of the hormones found in birth control. Maybe some hormones stuck around? I only had nausea for a few hours, but I wasn't cranky or anything. I also respond well to birth control though, so yeah. If you are super worried, please just go see a doctor. You should also probably think about some sort of contraception (condoms, birth control) in the future. Pregnancy scares really freaking suck. That kind of stress is not worth unprotected sex. (speaking from experience =/)

I see. Maybe it effects people differently. Because I didn't get nausea, instead I got really moody, hot flashes, and was really tired all the time. I've also never been on birth control so I don't know how those hormones effect me. I'm gonna wait and see what happens.

Guest sirce

No. She had her period and periods = not pregnant.

Actually, pregnant people can experience spotting and periods, though rarely. It all depends per person. Being pregnant is not the same for everyone. Like Birth Control does not work 100% for everyone or the Morning After Pill does not work 100% for everyone.

Guest super piggy

she had her period after taking the pill. she should be okay.

but since its not 100%, you might want to check with your doctor.

OR it might just be the hormones from the pill still stuck in your body.

i would check with the doctor, 2 weeks is pretty long.

• 4 years later...

Archived