Aegyo Sal Surgery

Guest jiji_zhazha

Guest jiji_zhazha

I want to know has anyone got it done??
Hi, I just want to know does anyone know anything about aegyo sal procedure? I cant find anything on it.

I know it seems like a strange surgery, but I want to get it done.

I'm half asian and My features are really split half and half, but when I smile I get a small amount of aegyo fat under my eyes, but I want to make it more prominent (I put lighter eyeshadow there to try make it more prominent, but it looks bad),.. my cousin and I will go to Korea in july for surgery *she is full asian and will get eyelid surgery, I have eyelids already but not enough aegyo fat :(*

So has anyone got it done or know any information on it?

thanks!

P.s Aegyo sal is the small amount of fat under the eyes if you didnt know

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HeartOnHerSleeve

There is already a LARGE thread on this. FYI. It's on the first page. If you still can't find it (I assume you couldn't before since you said so in your post "I can't find anything on it"), here's the link.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68893

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but there it is. =S

EDIT

Oh! Sorry about that. I know what aegyo sal is, I just always associate the two things and get confused >_<;;;

Hehe, sorry ^^"~

Guest jiji_zhazha

There is already a LARGE thread on this. FYI. It's on the first page. If you still can't find it (I assume you couldn't before since you said so in your post "I can't find anything on it"), here's the link.

That is for double eyelid isnt it? Im talking about aegyo fat :(

Guest Verso

@HeartOnHerSleeve: Maybe I'm misunderstanding the thread you linked to, but that doesn't seem to be what she's talking about at all. Aegyo sal isn't the same as having double eyelids.

^She's talking about the fat under the eyes (especially when you smile), not double eyelids.

Guest PeachKisses.

This doesn't really answer your question, but wow!

I never knew there was such a surgery for it! I mean, I have pretty thick "aegyo sals", it's not that great (make up always goes to the creases at the bottom :(..)

Is it very popular among Koreans?

Guest xWeeeAmandaa

I'm pretty sure this is called Love-Band or Youthlites in English. I haven't had it done, but here are some before and after pics:

http://eng.bkdy.co.kr/photo/photoList.asp?cate=doubleeye

(Scroll down until it says Love-Band Operation, sorry I tried to post the pics directly up here but it wouldn't work)

I hope this is a least a little bit helpful ^^

Guest cystaltears

I have that and I hate it. Sorry it doesn't answer your question though :(

I have it and I love it! It makes your eyes look a lot bigger and makes it look like it has more depth...

I have never heard that u can get surgery for that...but if i had to guess...it's probably a simple procedure that requires injecting fat with a needle into ur lower lids...

Guest soompier1

that looks really terrible, that didn't improve the appearance of any of those girls, it made it much worse. They look like they haven't slept in a while or were crying. To pay to look like that seems illogical. I feel like anyone who gets this surgery even if they like the look at first, will regret it by the time they are aged since it will look like you have double eyebags.

whatever your money your eyes, I found some stuff on it:

2e5inf4.gif

image comparison

Asian Love Band Eyelid Surgery (Youthlites)

The Asian "Love Band" operation is a new procedure designed to mimic the youthful fullness that occurs naturally in the skin just below the lower lashes. It is said to be popular with Asian entertainers. The operation also goes by the name "Youthlites.

The muscle responsible for closing the eyelids during blinking is called the orbicularis muscle. During youth, the orbicularis muscle is highly developed and fuller, especially with smiling (an orbicularis roll).

As with most muscles around the eye, thinning and stretching occurs over time and much of its fullness is lost beginning in the late twenties.

Interesting, many younger Occidental patients consider this fullness to be a flaw and request surgical thinning of the muscle, an ill-advised procedure that when performed can actually leave the lids looking older and lead to eyelid stability problems in later years.

A 0.5 cm flat strip of Alloderm ® (decellularized tissue matrix) or Gortex is inserted under the skin surface through two small incisions that leave behind tiny scars.

Healing is rapid with sutures removed after several days.

The Alloderm graft acts as a scaffolding or matrix into which the patient's own tissue can grow. The added volume serves as an acceptable replication of a natural orbicularis roll and is said to make the eyes look younger and brighter, especially when smiling.

For patients reluctant to undergo surgery, hyaluronic acid tissue filler can be injected through the skin just beneath the lower lashes to achieve a similar (but less even and, of course, temporary) result.

Guest BoomBoomBang

I'm pretty sure this is called Love-Band or Youthlites in English. I haven't had it done, but here are some before and after pics:

http://eng.bkdy.co.kr/photo/photoList.asp?cate=doubleeye

(Scroll down until it says Love-Band Operation, sorry I tried to post the pics directly up here but it wouldn't work)

I hope this is a least a little bit helpful ^^

the after pics with the whole faces look so scary with those huge looking irises

Guest cystaltears

^ uh oh! so my eyes will sag when i grow old.... ><

Those pictures u posted...they do look a lot better with the "love band". They look more innocent, friendly, and more approachable...

Guest MeiHearts

o.0 wait im confused... people get this surgery to get eyebags??? or to get rid of them..... ?

if it's the first one then wow... they can have mine cos i hate it yuck

Guest soompier1

No people this is not eye bags. They are different, you can have both eyebags and aegyo sal which would look really weird. Aegyo sal is just along the lashlines while eyebags is like a whole area beneath your eyes.

the after pics with the whole faces look so scary with those huge looking irises

that's not because of the aegyo sal, there's no surgery that can enlarge your irises that I know of, they people might be wearing circle lens in the after photos

I guess I have pretty big 'aegyo sals', but they may be too big O_O lol. Also, on one eye its like a double aegyo sal. LOL. I've always considered them eyebags. My sister would make fun of me and call them eye luggage T_T But if I could get mine to look like the pictures above, I'd be extra cute, especially with my tiny-ness. hahah.

Is there surgery to fix 'aegyo sals'? Hahah.

Archived