Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Ulzzang Content Round 2 voting has begun!
Go support your favorites to win an interview with TS Entertainment!

Aegyo Sal Surgery

Replies

• MyNameIs_LukaMyNameIs_Luka igbygrl Vegas BabyPosts: 2,048Member

IDOL

edited February 2011
    p0ktan wrote on 04 May 2010 - 05:31 PM:

<!--quoteo(post=15861608:date=May 4 2010, 10:07 PM:name=AngelBaby)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AngelBaby @ May 4 2010, 10:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=15861608"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->yes they are muscle but would you actually want to keep that muscle until you are 50 a year old with a face that shows your actual age, and the wrinkles and the sagging only makes it worse to heighten to look older than you are?Aegyo Sals are supposed to disppear...Meaning they are temporary and they will disappear around the estimation of 25 years old. It If anything I am glad that my aegyo sals dissapeared when I turned 23. I might've looked cute when I had them when I was younger but they certainly wouldn't be fetching if I still had them at the age 40 that's for sure.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Then explain why my mother, who is 47 years old, still has them? And for your information, they don't sag at all and look fine.

Your mom has bags under her eyes...They are not aegyo sal...Like I said before they disappear around age of 20...Women who have it age 47 should be worried if they have such a thing...They are retained sacks of fluid under the eyes and the only way she can remove it is through surgery so to suck out the fluids.

Also sagging eyes don't actually sag until the age of approximately late 50's to early 60 years old...You mom is middle aged so eye bags are retaining water but her skin is still elastic to hold some bounce into it. If your mom doesn't want her yee sto sag from retained fluid eye baags then she should remove it before she turns 60.
    My Cyworld

Formerly known as AngelBaby
  • ImboredthatsnotfunImboredthatsnotfun Posts: 1,611Member

IDOL

Let me tell you now, it is not attractive, it is just a fashion fad. You will regret it in 5-10 years when it isn't fashionable anymore.
    xiao*jing
  • momo08momo08 Montreal CanadaPosts: 1,544Member
    i honestly can't tell if i have aegyo-sal or eyebags.. u_u can anyone state the difference between the 2?
    those celebs definitely look cuter with aegyo-sal, i can't believe that small detail can change the face so much..
  • ShrimpCrackerrrShrimpCrackerrr Posts: 507Banned
    AngelBaby wrote on 17 February 2011 - 12:36 AM:

Your mom has bags under her eyes...They are not aegyo sal...Like I said before they disappear around age of 20...Women who have it age 47 should be worried if they have such a thing...They are retained sacks of fluid under the eyes and the only way she can remove it is through surgery so to suck out the fluids.

Also sagging eyes don't actually sag until the age of approximately late 50's to early 60 years old...You mom is middle aged so eye bags are retaining water but her skin is still elastic to hold some bounce into it. If your mom doesn't want her yee sto sag from retained fluid eye baags then she should remove it before she turns 60.

is it unhealthy? O_O;... cause both my grandmas have it.. just that they don't sag though.. they're both like around 70 yrs old. if it's unhealthy then i should tell them to remove it.. but if it isn't unhealthy then nvm. o.o; you make it sound like its unhealthy to have it so.. idk o.o
    hi
  • ax1989ax1989 paradisePosts: 575Member

ROOKIE

..why do u want it? shouldnt u be getting surgery to get RID of it? bags looks ugly!!! ppl these days..
    Thank you for the Music..
  • x_shirleyx_shirley Posts: 1,778Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited February 2011
    I have both aegyo sal and bags, when i smile, it looks like i have EXTREME puffiness under my eyes.

A lot of people don't get it, they're not bags, bags fall in a diagonal direction, starting from the corners of your eyes. Aegyo sal curves with your eye shape.
    eye_bags.jpg
    What you see that curves under the eyes are the aegyo sal... the diagonal like you see under that, those are the eye bags.

I have it and I wish I didn't because people who don't know what it is assume I'm super tired or something.
    c9447a7e.jpg
    Follow me on Tumblr
    Instagramshirleyang211
  • Iron_MaidenIron_Maiden Posts: 327Member
    No offence but I find Aegyo Sal unattractive, although a few people can pull them off. I think I have it due to lack of sleep, cry too much, and sometimes rub my eyes a lot. I'd probably look a lot better without it.. I tend to think people who have Aegyo Sal either cry a lot or don't get enough sleep.
    Please kindly read the signature rules.
  • ShrimpCrackerrrShrimpCrackerrr Posts: 507Banned
    i think aegyo sal makes smiles look cuter. :rolleyes:
    like yoona from snsd.. they're so big!! but her smile wouldnt be the same without.
    hi
  • SammyCoutureSammyCouture Posts: 554Member

ROOKIE

edited February 2011
    I really hate HyoMin's ae-gyo sal~ >.<

21_0.jpg

I got rid of her aegyo sal to see what she would look like~ I think she looks better without them!

hyomin.jpg

chrissatinee&lt;3goesDOKIDOKISpicaastarberXianiekadfish
  • S2JanieS2Janie S2----S2 Posts: 815Member
    This can easily be done with makeup.

Aegyo Sal helps created more roundness for the eyes. Just use an eyeshadow or powder that is one shade darker then your own skin and create a bag under your eyes. Then use a shimmer or white eyeshadow to fill in the bag. This will create the Aegyo Sal you guys want. Since the line is only one shade darker then your own skin tone. No one can tell. It will only show when you squint your eyes or smile. So you don't have to worry about it turning out like the picture above. I think it's kinda scary when it's super puffy and you looking dead serious.

I have a small one, which shows when i smile, but when i enhance it with makeup, it shows very well. I use to not have it, but because of stress and change in sleeping patterns I developed bags. Also when i drink water at night the bags would be bigger.

I recently did a video on contouring our eyes, it's nothing professional, but you can see what I did to make the Aegyo Sal show more.

The video

Sorry if i went off topic, just want to offer an alternative before anyone go under the knife.
    signature.jpg
    ♥Prettyandcute.com♥
    Dolly Wink || Lioele || My Beauty Diary and more!
    prechtik
  • ronisuronisu Posts: 154Member

ROOKIE

edited February 2011
    ohh, i never knew they were called aegyo sal. i thought they were eye bags and i used the garnier eye bag remover stuff
    whats the difference between aegyo sal and eye bags.

EDIT: ohh i got it i read the post above..
    I have them and i try so hard to smile without them showing but it doesnt help
    but now that i read this and how everyone says it makes you look younger i kinda like them now :Dlol but i still got dark circle so ill still use the garnier haha
  • missy_memissy_me Posts: 21Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmYdvhK-vfs
    Queenie is a good example of a older woman who still looks good with aegyo-sal... because she made sure never to get the lower bags thanks to surgery! Personally I think it's pretty cool how open she is about the surgery she's gotten. And she looks great too! Hyo-min's result was due to a bad surgeon imho.

Aegyo-sal has actually grown on me. I used to be confused by them. I'm Caucasian and I kinda have them. I think they're why people often mistake me for 1/2 or 1/4 Asian, since I usually only see Asians with them. I look pretty young but I photoshopped them off once and I looked MEAN! I guess it's an essential feature to my face. :P I think if the OP is planning to get surgery she should get a consultation from an experienced surgeon. A good doctor should be willing to share what will "fit" her face. Good aesthetic sense (plus skill, of course) is essential for a good result, I think.

Best of luck if you do decide to get the procedure!
  • misspiggybankmisspiggybank Posts: 54Member
    edited February 2011
    I have aegyo sal, they're not extremely prominent but they're there.

Piece of advice, if you're going to get your eyes done for this, make sure you NEVER get dark circles under your eyes.
    Aegyo Sal + Dark Circles = Prison convict.

Seriously, I look plain bloodthirsty at times because of this combination.
    superstar`kisspinkxstrawberry
  • shotamericanshotamerican sector 7 slumsPosts: 606Member
    okay i keep seeing this over and over, you kids keep saying they look like eyebags. NOT THE SAME THING!!!

now that someone's already cleared that up, c'mon, kids, stop!
    and that lower eyelid fat, EVERYONE has it (yes, even new born asian babies), it's just a matter of how prominent it is.
    it sounds like this surgery is about getting that..

so to the original OP, if your avatar is a photo of yourself, you look mighty pretty the way your eyes already are, but that's just my opinion.

and misspiggybank, hilarious, i have that combo, too, mainly cause of my natural pigmentation but yes, worsened with lack of sleep, etc.
  • stervamerzkaya0stervamerzkaya0 Posts: 557Member

SUPERSTAR

Aegyo Sal or whatever you call it is not just an asian thing. My dad has it and he is 100% caucasian. Look at Liv Tyler and other Hollywood selebrities, a lot of people have it. So I don't understand what's the big deal.
  • misshermesmisshermes Posts: 105Member

IDOL

Are you serious? o___o You actually want surgery for this? I'd gladly trade mine with you. I hate my aegyo-sal so much! I look hideous with it like I haven't gotten a hundred years of sleep or something.
  • HanasakiHanasaki Posts: 7New Member
    beautiful aegyosal ? 427609_253118998101083_162193763860274_585301_975923134_n.jpg
  • StandingWaywardStandingWayward Posts: 81Member
    Wait...so...this is an Asian thing? I don't get it. I always thought I had eye bags but when I look at the pictures I'm like "Hey! I got those!..I think".

I even made pictures, lol. Sorry about the dark circles...I have no makeup on whatsoever xD

normal

2012-02-18101557-1.jpg

smiling :)

2012-02-18101521-1.jpg

With concealer it's way more obvious. Is this what you guys are talking about? 'Cause I hate it xD
  • PipiruPipiru Posts: 80Member
    I have aegyo sal, and it's not fun. It's prominent when i smile, and it emphasis my dark circles. It a love and hate relationship though, cause it shows off "my bug-eyes"(nick name from literally all my friends ;_; ) and adds more roundness...sad side...are the dark circles and it makes me look like an 8th grader rather than my real age.><
  • SceauSceau Posts: 57Member
    Yep, that's obviously not an Asian thing 'cause I have it too
    Sans_titree6f.png

(sorry for the size)

I don't think it's worth surgery at all. Yeah it can be kind of cute but I think it's just a trend. And maybe someday you'll stop wanting to be cute and start wanting to look more mature so you can come to regret it. And having that unnatural aegyo sal like HyoMin when you're 40+, seriously ?
    Keep your money and learn how to apply make-up properly to give the illusion you have that aegyo sal, like stated above :)