Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Ulzzang Contest Round 2 results are out! See who made it to the final round!

large framed girls

2»

Replies

• BatgirlBatgirl The Oracle San Jose, CAPosts: 2,634Friend of Soompi
    QUOTE (suzushii @ Apr 18 2010, 10:18 PM) »
    Judging from your picture, you're not big boned or broad shouldered at all. You look like a perfectly healthy, proportional small/at best medium sized person (though I see small). Nowhere near big boned. Have you ever seen someone with a ribcage that's 38 inches, with no fat on them? THAT's big boned. Women with broad shoulders always look a bit masculine-bodied (aka their shoulders are very much wider then everything below, giving them that base-up triangle look), it's very obvious your shoulders are perfectly feminine.

No offence, but it's not cool when perfectly normal people exagerate their (imaginary) flaws, I see it all the time here with fatness (posts where someone claims to be fat, bemoaning it, and calling themseves the ugliest names, and then they post a pic and they're normal, or even very skinny). Think of what it does to a person who actually IS big framed, and broad shouldered who reads the posts. She'll look at you and think, omg, if that's big framed, I'm a monster!

My bra band size is slightly above 36. My hips are 2 inches less in width than my shoulders. So yes, my shoulders are broader than my hips
    My shoulders are broad enough that 9 times out of 10 if it's not flimsy stuff like cardigans, I can't wear the correct jacket size i want, because my shoulders go too tight into it. It's incredibly uncomfortable, and i cant button the top or zip to the top. My guy friend's poke fun at me saying i will "hulk" out of my clothes any moment. It is NOT an imaginary flaw when i either have to alter all my jackets to fit my body right or just don't buy any.
    i'm bigger and weigh more than most asian girls my height at 5'2.5" (granted theyre not overweight/obese). It's because of my frame, bones, shoulders, knees and toes whatever.
    I'm not saying i'm the biggest framed girl in the word and nor am i competing for the title. But I am not petite like the average asian girl.
    You can go up to someone else and say what you say when they cry that they can't lose that one pound to get to 100 pounds at their height of 5'2". But when i'm here, clearly not overweight, but is 5'2.5" and 143 pounds (which is not made up but taken by my doctor within the last week), I think you chose the wrong person to make a point.
    It's nice of you to say you think i look petite and all that other stuff. But like i said before. When people look at me. They see 5'5" and 125 pounds. And you just became one of those people.
  • MynshyeMynshye Posts: 41Member
    If it makes you feel n e better im 5'8 and weigh about 210 Pounds, but i barely have n e fat on me e_e;
    My legs are almost pure muscle, except for a little fat on my thighs, and a bit on my stomach as well. But have a big chest and butt doesn't help either >_> According to my mom though, our whole family has really dense bones. If you saw me you'd think i look average for my height :3

Diets don't do n e thing for me :< I lose more weight making my portions smaller then going on a diet. And excersize just gives me more muscle T_T; Which makes me weigh MORE...but I'm not bothered. I'm happy with the way I look despite my weight image

I'm not asian though so I know i'll NEVER be THAT small EVER.
    I'm a Mex/Brasil mix, so yea...bigger frame. :/
  • suzushiisuzushii Posts: 838Member
    QUOTE (Batgirl @ Apr 20 2010, 09:12 AM) »
    It's nice of you to say you think i look petite and all that other stuff. But like i said before. When people look at me. They see 5'5" and 125 pounds. And you just became one of those people.

I'm not being nice, I see a small, thin person. I don't go around complimenting people just to make them feel better.

If a jacket doesn't fit your shoulders, and doesn't zip up...it's too small, it's got nothing to do with shoulder size. You may want to fit a smaller size, but if it doens't fit anywhere, it doesn't fit. As for stuff that fits you fine except the shoulder area - many of us have one specific part of the body that's non-standard to our general size. Sadly, clothing is done for averages, and averages are...average. While people are a mix of non-proportional features. I knew few people who buy off the rack and have clothing fit them perfectly. Most simply wear a bigger/smaller thing, sample a lot of designs until finding a right one, or just wear it ill-fitting as it is. Good for you for going an extra mile and tailoring. But you're not alone in this. Try being slim, with a big bubble butt, and cinched in waist, however short in height. NO jeans are your friends. Or like my friend, very veeery skinny, narrow shoulders, skinny arms, narrow ribcabe and DD boobs. She can only wear stretch blouses.

For me a person who has a large frame is someone like Brooke Hogan. That girl is obviously built WIDE. And an example of wide shoulders is Hillary Duff. That girls seriously has a problem finding clothes to hide her wide shoulders, and when she doesn't, it's very apparent. The "for an asian" is waaay to overused. I'm not asian, but I'm also from a culture where plenty of women are about petite-sized (eastern europe) and there's an expectancy to be slim and petite. It creates a stereotype that's simply has nothing to do with being part of a culture. Like it's a rule, and if you're not like the stereotype, you're what...not asian enough? Last time I checked, if you're born from asian parents, you're asian. Not - if you're a size 0, and a xs frame, you're asian image. I also have stereotypes about my culture to fight against and it always pisses me off when people expect me to be a certain way, because of my culture.

But seriously, you may feel your slight differences to be very big, but if you were in a line up of a random assortment of people your age, you wouldn't stand out in any way, you'd look like a regular thin young person. We always think our perceived flaws are soooo obvious. I bet your friends only make fun of your shoulders because you are self conscious about them, and they noticed it. I remember I once had a talk with my friends about what we'd want to fix with surgery, and I mentioned my nose. They were like: whuuuut, your nose is perfeclty normal, I never noticed it. Of course, after this they keep cracking jokes about my huge nose. image. I was also surprised about what other people were worried about. In pretty much all the cases, I never noticed their supposed flaws, and most of them were down right inexistant and ridiculous.
  • PaeterPaeter Posts: 14Member
    edited June 2010
    You are obviously eating too many calories or you have not been doing it for long enough. You will lose 0.5kg a week if you are lucky. If you lose 1kg in a week you are going very fast. So you can't just work out a little for two or three weeks without reducing your calories and then complain that you aren't losing fat. You could literally be eating exactly how much you need to maintain. The difference between losing and maintaining may be simply cutting 500 calories from your diet. Eat highly nutritious foods like fruits and vegetables so that you feel fuller and stay healthy.
    The body must use calories every minute of every day to function biologically. If you are eating less than you are expending the body by the very laws of physics but draw upon your fat stores to continue living. If it doesn't it will die very quickly.
  • RekidaiRekidai Ritsuka Fan ? CanadaPosts: 2,288Member

IDOL

oh my god! i know how you feel! my waist is at its limit i cant lose anymore fat on my waist but i still feel like I look fat. image my mom says its because i have big bones its so unfair. Lol maybe because i see other asian girls with small frames im totallyyy jealous! image i wish i didn't have big bones.
  • AyumiExclusiveAyumiExclusive Posts: 260Member
    I know how all of you feel . I'm about 5'4 130ish pounds . Everyone thinks I'm 100 or less and its really annoying . Sometimes my friends would compare weights and they'd be around 105 or 115 and when they ask me I have the biggest number . To add to the embarrassment of saying my weight out , they tell me that I must be lying cause I don't look it . -___-

Even guys have asked me my weight . But the results are worse than what the girls would say . " No you're not . You look like 100 pounds you should eat more " and " Did you eat this morning ? " " No " " I bet you're anorexic , and when you eat you throw it up " .... -________- and " You should weigh yourself , I bet you're like 70 pounds . Haha anorexic ! " That was when at my highest weight too , 135-140 .

Those are real stories . People like that mess up my dieting and trying to get healthy . Instead I end up stuffing my face trying to cover up my hip bones and my ribcage with fat . In the end it never works . I end up really unhealthy and lack of energy and just .. bleh .

I think its all up to you about what you think about your body . After all , you're the only one who knows it . Everyone has a different " perfect healthy weight " . Yeah sure , at 135 my bmi would still be " normal " but it was obvious to me that I had to do something . As long as you're exercising and eating right , then you're good . Big boned or not
  • BatgirlBatgirl The Oracle San Jose, CAPosts: 2,634Friend of Soompi
    edited June 2010
    I didn't realize i was responded to.

Your opinion is pretty much based off the fact that you are looking at my picture. Whereas I can actually take measurements and see myself in 3D. I personally think I have the upper hand
    And according to my measurements of my wrist size, elbow bredth, weight, height, gender, i input into a site. I have a large frame. I also went on to google average shoulder width and found a lot of women who are 6 inches taller than me that have the same measurement. But no girl my height with the same or above.
    My jackets fit me just fine. EXCEPT in the shoulders. I think i would notice if it doesn't fit my torso. Button stretching, trouble zipping, the need to suck my stomach in. And yes i've had someone I don't know comment my shoulders are wide on more than one occasion

Yes brooke hogan does have a very large frame. But she doesn't set the minimal standard does she? Or do you just feel in your opinion, in your view, thats what it should be.
    Its like you're saying to an orange, "You're not really an orange, i've seen oranges more orange in color than you. So you can't be an orange."

How about instead of "for an asian" how about, genetically for my entire family and relatives. I am large framed.
    Honestly, saying "for an asian" can have some truth in it. Its like a vietnamese girl born with extremely kinky wavy hair. For a vietnamese girl that is not average. I'm not implying all vietnamese girls, except that one only girl, has straight hair. I'm saying, she and some others comparatively are the minority in truth.
    Now If that same girl were to say something to a caucasian girl about her hair, a caucasian girl with a full on curly wavy hair because of her caucasian genetics background, she'll probably tell her, "Uhhh have you seen my hair? Hello!". BUT it doesn't make that asian girl any less wrong. Because yes for an asian, her hair is not the normal style.
  • larislaris Posts: 1,825Member
    Okay you girls. You are both right, you bring up good points. Batgirl has broader shoulders than anyone she's ever known, okay- settled. It's not an extreme case but it's still a case. Fitting into clothes should be the least of your worries.

There's always worse.

• AyumiExclusiveAyumiExclusive Posts: 260Member
    QUOTE (Batgirl @ Jun 8 2010, 02:44 PM) »
    I didn't realize i was responded to.

Your opinion is pretty much based off the fact that you are looking at my picture. Whereas I can actually take measurements and see myself in 3D. I personally think I have the upper hand
    And according to my measurements of my wrist size, elbow bredth, weight, height, gender, i input into a site. I have a large frame. I also went on to google average shoulder width and found a lot of women who are 6 inches taller than me that have the same measurement. But no girl my height with the same or above.
    My jackets fit me just fine. EXCEPT in the shoulders. I think i would notice if it doesn't fit my torso. Button stretching, trouble zipping, the need to suck my stomach in. And yes i've had someone I don't know comment my shoulders are wide on more than one occasion

Yes brooke hogan does have a very large frame. But she doesn't set the minimal standard does she? Or do you just feel in your opinion, in your view, thats what it should be.
    Its like you're saying to an orange, "You're not really an orange, i've seen oranges more orange in color than you. So you can't be an orange."

How about instead of "for an asian" how about, genetically for my entire family and relatives. I am large framed.
    Honestly, saying "for an asian" can have some truth in it. Its like a vietnamese girl born with extremely kinky wavy hair. For a vietnamese girl that is not average. I'm not implying all vietnamese girls, except that one only girl, has straight hair. I'm saying, she and some others comparatively are the minority in truth.
    Now If that same girl were to say something to a caucasian girl about her hair, a caucasian girl with a full on curly wavy hair because of her caucasian genetics background, she'll probably tell her, "Uhhh have you seen my hair? Hello!". BUT it doesn't make that asian girl any less wrong. Because yes for an asian, her hair is not the normal style.

Can you tell me what size you measured your body frame on ?
  • soompier1soompier1 Posts: 2,187Member

ROOKIE

if you're just "big boned" or "large framed" then it is always possible to loose weight and look skinny.
    now, if you're the type thats "genetically" chubbier, then that's different.

I was just going to say this
    ---
    Another thing is dressing to flatter your figure, makes a bigger diff. then people expect.
  • ChakuraChakura NYCPosts: 330Member
    asianpanthers wrote on 11 April 2010 - 02:11 AM:

but...i see a lot of people just sit around in a gym for two hours not really doing anything....walking on the treadmill...etc...but they don't get any results. when you step into the gym, you've gotta get the lead out!!!!!!!

I TOTALLY agree!!! I was going to say the same thing. Everytime I go to the gym I see girls just chilling ie walking treadmill at like 3.0 speed or lifting 3 lbs weights. Never mind MANY of them do the moves incorrectly and for too short of a time for it to make any difference!

When I first started working out I went to the gym 4x week for like 2hours each time for like 3-4months and saw NO difference. Then I took a crazy intense class that cause me so much pain the next day that I was unable to move. I only took the class like 1-2x/week (90-135min/day) and I lost 20lbs in 2-3 months.

You need to work out HARD not in "omg im sweating so i must be working out alot" NO you must work out to the point of "OMG Imma gonna die!" or No thought at all cause you are trying to stay conscious. You know you have a good work out when the next day you cant move! if you are not sore the next day that means you are not working hard enough.

Ie crunches at least 200 at each side L -M- R, you up it by adding weights start off at 5lbs and work up. you up that but placing the weights behind you head and lifting.

Though work out can only go so far when you hit a plateau then its mostly DIET+excersie.

I'm sorry if I sound too harsh but it just bugs me when i see girls or hear girls saying "i went to the gym and i worked out" and all she did was swing a 3lbs weight and they wonder why there is no change.

I do hope you dont loose motivation and keep working! =D you should write down your excerise regime so we can better help you.
2»