Latisse

kokotoo

longer, darker and thicker eyelashes
Latisse

Latisse is a prescription drug currently promoted by spokesmodel Brooke Shields that is applied to the base of eyelashes to generate longer lashes. Latisse keeps hairs in their growth phase, producing longer, darker and thicker eyelashes. Latisse contains bimatoprost, the same active ingredient that is in the glaucoma medication Lumigan. Average cost of Latisse is $130. Latisse eyelash lengthening is not permanent. Possible side-effects include discoloration of the eye or eyelid.

latisse-1.gif

15cgd55.jpg

Has anyone used Latisse?

Have not tried Latisse but I've used Rapidlash. Its a very similar product but does not require a prescription and cost half the price of Latisse.

I've tried quite a few eyelash serum/conditioners and Rapidlash proves to provide me with very good results.

I work in cosmetics and we constantly sell Rapidlash like crazy.

I've seen the commercials for this, but wasting 130 bucks on a part of your face that some people don't even care about, or don't even bother to look at? no thanks.

I'll look this up again if all of my eyelashes fall out. -.-'' plus, that olive oil method seems to work find for most people, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Guest soompier1

I personally wouldn't use it since I am very satisfied with my eyelash length/thickness atm, however I can definitely tell you it is effective. So effective though, that you will not only have hairy eyes but hairy cheeks from the serum fall out. My classmate has fine asian lashes that are both short and thin and she used it and her lashes grew signficantly longer and thicker, but then she said she sprouted fuzzes on her cheeks area right below her eyes. It was honestly pretty nasty, lashes were not worth it because I don't know what she's going to do about her cheeks

Guest dorkhead

Im planning to buy it when ive finished my exams this week :)

But not the 130 bucks version but the 10 bucks version

It has exactly the same ingredients and also works the same...same bottle blablabla

But its called Careprost, it seems its the generic name of Latisse

I saw on the internet and reviews that it has the same results, but way cheaper :D

:crosses fingers: hope it works.

Keep in mind it takes about 4 weeks before you see anything and 6 week to see clear results

when you stop. the long lashes will fall out like a normal lash cycle and your normal lenght lashes will grow like usual.

Often people use those eyeliner brushes, not the one you get with the product because some experience hair grow on other places because of the liquid drip when using too much.

Guest kneenuh

i haven't used latisse, but i just recently tried lilash.. and it works amazingly. i had short, straight lashes and now they're super long. i love it! it's around the same price though i believe

Guest TaroStrawberryCream

used this. http://web2.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/v...no=102992002001

made eyelashes thicker and a bit longer...and gave more lashes. but i think thickness added making it harder to curl?

and like layers of eyelashes...like not one line of lashes but some above.

luckily. only hair around eyelash areas. can also be used for eyebrows.

warning: stings if gets into eyes - -;

Guest peppermintsugar

My lashes seem thicker just from taking my biotin for a little over a month now. My lashes were already super long, but biotin promotes healthy hair everywhere, and healthy hair promotes growth. . .my hair on my head, eyebrows, arms, legs, all grows faster now, I figure it does for my eyelashes as well.

Guest <3StrawberryPocky<3

You could always try olive oil instead. I can't guarantee it's as affect as Latisse seeing how I've never used Latisse, but many people including me can say olive oil helped our eyelashes grow tremendously. I used to have literally nothing, and now they're much thicker and longer. People have actually commented on how I finally have eyelashes! Lol. :lol:

Guest yoohyex

thats alot of money. i wonder how long it last.

i agree. your eyelashes are constantly falling off, waste of money.

you can always stick to fake ones? >.<

Guest Babylicious xo12

errr. when the commercial said 'side effects may include darkening of the eyelids that may be irreversible'....that freaked me out hahaha

Guest MeriendaTime

Im planning to buy it when ive finished my exams this week :)

But not the 130 bucks version but the 10 bucks version

It has exactly the same ingredients and also works the same...same bottle blablabla

But its called Careprost, it seems its the generic name of Latisse

I saw on the internet and reviews that it has the same results, but way cheaper :D

:crosses fingers: hope it works.

Keep in mind it takes about 4 weeks before you see anything and 6 week to see clear results

when you stop. the long lashes will fall out like a normal lash cycle and your normal lenght lashes will grow like usual.

Often people use those eyeliner brushes, not the one you get with the product because some experience hair grow on other places because of the liquid drip when using too much.

I use a generic brand too, it's basically the same thing, as it's the birmaprost that makes your lashes grow and it has the same % of that ingredient as latisse does.

Latisse darkens your lids temporary and your iris permanently.

Also, I've read that months after stopping, your eyelashes would fall out completely. That was the reason that kept my from purchasing this product.

Latisse darkens your lids temporary and your iris permanently.

Also, I've read that months after stopping, your eyelashes would fall out completely. That was the reason that kept my from purchasing this product.

Yeah, i've read about that :/

GAH. My mom was using it and her eyelashes grew significantly. So she bought one for me and I'm hesitant because of possibilities of having dark circles or eyelashes falling out. I don't knowwww~

offtopic: I came across your tumblr once in the past o.o LOL.

Guest prokofiev

I have a theory about all these eyelash stimulating serums and such... for me, it's the actual procedure of applying it that makes your eyelashes grow, not the product itself. My eyelashes grew like crazy as soon as I started actually paying attention to them. XD Before I started curling/mascara-ing them, I had the typical Asian pointy-down stick straight virtually non-existent lashes - after I started 'stimulating' them, they... grew. O____O

IDK, maybe I'm just weird, but I think that it's the motions of 'stimulating' your lashes that gets them to grow. Haha. XD;

Guest kinella

errr. when the commercial said 'side effects may include darkening of the eyelids that may be irreversible'....that freaked me out hahaha

exactly! why would you do such a thing to your own body and to such a delicate part of it just for the sake of having your lashes 3 or 4 mm longer!

use a nice mascara or fake lashes and leave that crazy chemical stuff far from your eyes, girls!

Guest fruiteechi

Why people would use this product completely puzzles me. I mean, I don't care if people use it cuz they want long lashes but did you know that one of the side effect of this medication is permanent blindness? Are you willing to go blind just for some stupid lashes?

Archived