Some girls do seem to get all the guys

Guest so_sasssy

Guest so_sasssy

So recently I read that 5% of girls get 90% of guys, meaning they can take their pick. I think it's very true because some girls really do seem to get anyone they want while the majority of girls only get the occasional love interest if any at all.

So where do you think you stand?

Do you get hit on ALL the time and you can always pick the cutest guy? Or, you're the other 95%. Be honest.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bunnywink

In high school, I was the 95% that could only get the occassional love interest (well, in my case NONE AT ALL). But I lived in a small town and was the only asian girl in my school after another girl had moved away. So yeah, I guess you can picture the type of predjudice and discrimination that went on there.

When I moved to the city for university, my head was spinning from all of the attention I got. I guess I would have considered myself part of the 5% of girls that could have their pick. Now I'm a bit more of a homebody, so I don't attract as much attention outside. LOL.

idk im not usually friendly unless i have to be.

nowadays i see people (guy&girl) walk past staring at me all the time but i tend to think that its because my eyeliner is smudging/im over-dressed or too casual >.>"

i was in highschool last year and i didnt take care of my looks so i didn't expect to get any attention so i wasnt one of the 5%, but rather the 95% that get the occasional love interest. other than that, it was the 5% of girls that were too flirty or just extremely friendly that "got all the guys" i guess. but imo HS guys are immature, if you don't get anyone interested don't worry about it too much..

uni just started for me a few days ago so we'll see how that goes ^^; im trying to be more friendly i guess, because i cant hang with my usual group as much any more. don't think there will be any love interests (or i wont know about it?) because my bf is always hanging around me "keeping watch" LOL.

Guest kireisnowtenshi

There's never been a guy I wanted that I couldn't have. *shrug*

AMEN TO THAT ! LOL

Nawww but seriously I don't get hit on a lot as opposed to how much guys stare at me.

In highschool I could have cared less and in college I'm still getting used to attention from men...it catches me off guard a lot.

Yah I used to get hit on often, but unfortunately they weren't my type.

90% of the time I got the guy I wanted.

I wasn't the kind of girl who jumps from one guy to another within short amount of time though >_<

I only had relationship with 5 guys my whole life, 2 were the serious ones (4+ yrs).

glad those days searching for the Mr. Right is over.

I've never failed to gain the interest of a guy I was interested in, and they usually end up more into me than I was into them. And it's NOT because I am more physically attractive, smart, anything, than anyone else.

I think some girls fail to realize 98% of guys will NOT fall into your lap, no matter how pretty you are, if you look like a closed door. Put some time into how you look, and express your interest -- not even by saying anything, but just by smiling or even by looking at someone differently -- and your chances will increase exponentially. You'd be shocked how many guys you can accidentally attract just by smiling.

I feel like the remaining 95% could easily be a lot lower if girls would gain 1) confidence, 2) resources, or 3) simply more interest. I definitely don't think it's anything set in stone. Attractiveness is an easily changed thing. But whether you want to be attractive to the majority or attractive to a special few is obviously your own choice.

You know if 90% of the guys are going for that 5% of girls, why aren't they being smart and go for the 95% of girls who are probably suffering from various ailments such as depression and why-can't-I-get-a-guy syndrome?

Because they want to fit in? Lulz

But I also read that the 95% of girls that don't get hit on all the time will NOT date any of the guys that those 5% of girls don't look at.

Guest ny-sw / ny_sw.

when i was younger - like, pre high school, i wouldn't get ANY guys.

then something changed, probably going to a less clique-y school/expanding social circle/becoming less awkward, and all of a sudden, all the guys i had some sort of interest in became interested in me.

yeah, the statistic definitely could change drastically once girls stop waiting for the guy, give bigger hints and are generally more approachable and don't come off as ridiculous or desperate.

i think that was my case, but i don't think i would place myself in the 5%. no one randomly comes up to me and asks me out or anything, usually they're all friends/acquaintances first. but a good deal of my male friends do flirt with me, even though they know i have a boyfriend -___-

Guest EHNerJI

LOL. It's funny... I used to be a complete troll HAHA.

I was really not pretty & I had a bad personality, too.

But guys always wanted me. It's weird.. I guess I gave off some sort of vibe.

Then, I became prettier but very cold. Like, to the point that some people were afraid of my stare.

I barely ever smiled and didn't really talk to others unless they talked to me.

I didn't really give off a great first impression & only those who knew me well would fall for me.

Then, I changed. Still looked the same I guess, but I changed my attitude.

Smiled more, became more approachable. Guys became more interested again.

So, saying that, it's not all about being super pretty or having an amazing personality to get guys to notice you.

A lot of the time you just have to be decent in both categories and seem approachable, it seems.

I completely agree with what iridescent said. & I don't think I am that 5% .. yet : P

Maybe because I'm not quite sure what I want.

I get hit on pretty often :\ But, I don't like them back most of the time.

I get 95% of the guys I want. but none of my relationships have been serious, longest ~4 months, and I've been in 5 relationships. :\

Guest babiedream

Getting a guy was never an issue for me because I had a boyfriend throughout high school and now college. I've "liked" other guys before but I never really wanted to get them.

I get hit on pretty often :\ But, I don't like them back most of the time.

I get 95% of the guys I want. but none of my relationships have been serious, longest ~4 months, and I've been in 5 relationships. :\

I don't think the statistic was referring to how many guys that you want, you could get.

lol wait, let me re-read the OP.

I've never failed to gain the interest of a guy I was interested in, and they usually end up more into me than I was into them. And it's NOT because I am more physically attractive, smart, anything, than anyone else.

I think some girls fail to realize 98% of guys will NOT fall into your lap, no matter how pretty you are, if you look like a closed door. Put some time into how you look, and express your interest -- not even by saying anything, but just by smiling or even by looking at someone differently -- and your chances will increase exponentially. You'd be shocked how many guys you can accidentally attract just by smiling.

I feel like the remaining 95% could easily be a lot lower if girls would gain 1) confidence, 2) resources, or 3) simply more interest. I definitely don't think it's anything set in stone. Attractiveness is an easily changed thing. But whether you want to be attractive to the majority or attractive to a special few is obviously your own choice.

This is the truest statement ever regarding women and dating. lol

For the very reasons she stated, I fell into the 5% of women who could get her pick of men. I'm not super gorgeous or anything. I'm short and fairly plain with a sort of classic look and I've always been a bit ridiculous with my choice of styles. lol. I was simply confident and out-going and that works better than good looks alone will ever manage.

You could be smokin' hot... But if you're stand-offish or insecure, its not going to help much.

Archived