what to say to someone who has been dumped

Guest villaLobos

Guest villaLobos

i have a friend who was in a relationship with a guy for two years, but she got dumped,

i want to say something comforting and not tacky, but i can't think of anything, since i've never been in

a relationship

what would you guys say?

Guest huunie69

Hmm, I would probably say something along the line of.. " I know it's hard, but that was his loss, and you deserve so much better. " Or .. " There's plenty of fishes in the sea! " Hopefully this helps.. these are pretty common, sorry!

Or sometimes the best thing to do is not mention it and take her out for shopping or dinner or do something that will keep her break-up out of her head.

If you're not quite sure what to say to comfort her, at least let her know that you're there for her and if she needs to talk about anything, you're willing to listen.

you know it really depends on the person. for example, i'd prefer not to talk about it and just get my mind off of it by doing something. my friend couldn't stop talking about it. soo yea.. but the best thing is to tell her that she's awesome and its his loss and then dress up and take her out to a party with guys to let her know that she's still attractive. always works with my friends imo.

Guest o248318

I agree w/ Steph* get her dolled up, go out and have fun together.. take her mind off of it. wen she wants to open up, she will, but the best thing you can do is just be her friend and let her know u wanna be there for her!

Say something useless and meaningless like

"There's plenty of fish in the sea" or

"I know it's hard, but it's his loss, you deserve better"

I mean really, you deserve better? It makes her sound like a moron for sticking in a worthless relationship for 2 years (she may be, I don't know).

Archived