Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Forums is moving!! Migration is scheduled to begin next Tuesday (US) [more details]

Do you pretend to Text in awkward situations?

Replies

• _to-delete2_to-delete2 Posts: 96Member
    edited June 2011
    I don't pretend to text, but I start to do useless stuff with my phone if I'm bored or alone.

There was this girl in my school who used to pretend to call someone. I mean C'MON. : D
    minihb.png
    ·
  • theluckystartheluckystar Posts: 138Member

ROOKIE

[font="'Century Gothic"]Who doesn't do this every now and then? lol [/font]sweatingbullets.gif
    [font="'Century Gothic"]A lot of the times if I do this, I don't pretend I actually start texting people.[/font]
    [font="'Century Gothic"]Usually happens if i'm in the middle of a bunch of people i don't know..[/font]
    [font="'Century Gothic"]or if I feel like someone is staring at me.. [/font]blink.gif
    Screenshot2011-06-15at62642PM-1-1.png
    - YouTube - Tumblr - Twitter -
    ·
  • mininamiemininamie Posts: 87Member
    I have done this before, especially when I was in high school. Everyone always had their cell phone out but I had no friends to text so I'd play games on my phone (demo version). Now that I've matured and look better, I don't feel the need to impress others. I just think "I'm pretty, I don't have to pay attention to you" LOL j/k
    mbsvq0.jpg
    "ni soge natananeun neomuna areumdawo"
    꿈속에 나타난 넌 너무나 아름다워
    "You appear in me, you're so beautiful"-G Dragon
    ·
  • monkeyshinobimonkeyshinobi Posts: 716Member

IDOL

Well i don't pretend to text, i just play a game or something XD

But idk during awkward situations...i stare at a nearby wall or the floor lol

·
  • cheznut_girlcheznut_girl Posts: 31Member
    i do, that's why i bought a blackberry, my savior in the awkward situation....and i like to pretend to tweet
    ·
  • confushioOonconfushioOon Posts: 31Member
    yep so freaking AWKWARD 

sometimes when I try to avoid someone I pretend to text so it seems like I didn't see them so I don't have to say hi :)
    yay for phones !
    ·
  • k-yozk-yoz dubai, uaePosts: 906Member

ROOKIE

i do this all the time...lol...
    most specially in a most awkward situation..
    and whenever i dont fell like talking to people..
    ·
  • noraexnoraenoraexnorae Posts: 91Member
    hahahah i do this around cute boys or people that i hate :D
    also around groups of guys that are either (a) unattractive (B) out of my league or (c) asian.

or around like little kids or junior high kids because then i don't feel stupid hahahaha
    ·
  • PhotogeekPhotogeek Love Song ♥ PDX, OR, USAPosts: 2,567Member

IDOL

I do it all the time at work when I'm on my break.... it's so awkward.. I don't like talking to the people because they don't share commonalities with me. booo.
    ·
  • toomuchkimchitoomuchkimchi Posts: 69Member
    No I don't fake it, and last time I did it, it was a blind date sort of thing, and I ended up texting my friend about it, and I laughed a little to hard at their reply, then the date,  got the picture and left.
    ·
  • brinybluebrinyblue run with me Posts: 1,000Member
    ...I don't text, but I often pretend to do useless stuff on my phone if suspicious people seem to be following me or staring at me. Like I'm calling someone who can help. xD
    brinyblue / 411 / 
    Untitled-1.png
    ·
  • lnjonesvlnjonesv 오르골 NCPosts: 1,648Member

IDOL

i remember two of my friends were having an argument and decided to not talk to each other. i was sitting there fake texting away and felt completely awkward. i didn't want to get up cause idk....i felt like if i left something would happen.
    "I think girls with style are more beautiful than ones with a pretty face, small face, skinny, double eyelids.
    If guys keep going after that plain look, every girl's face might look the same. It'd be a scary day." - Kim Keybum
    ·
  • Cloud_BaudelaireCloud_Baudelaire Posts: 18Member
    Lol. Yeah. You won't have to deal with the awkwardness if you're busy with something
    ·
  • Ari.xoAri.xo Posts: 200Member
    LOL I did it all the time! When I walked pass a group of people (mostly guys), and they were looking at me, I just pretend to text someone. Acting like I'm busy so I don't have to make eye contact with them.
    ·
  • angelarrangelarr I ♥ SydneyPosts: 1,114Member

IDOL

Yeah I do,
    It's awkward if I just sit there, and it's awkward if I get up and leave.
    Love is at the root of everything good that
    has ever happened and will ever happen
    ·
  • nsterlingnsterling Posts: 288Member
    Yes I do especially if I feel bored on the crowd that I end up pretending to be texting someone. I know that it was a lousy thing to do but it is a good way to do so.
    ·
  • YooAmieYooAmie Posts: 163Member

ROOKIE

ALL THE TIME! :o!
    Please kindly read the signature rules.
    ·
  • followyourdreams.followyourdreams. Posts: 277Member

ROOKIE

I do this, usually when I'm with people who I don't know well and if they're all discussing inside topics/jokes, I'll get my phone out and check twitter/fb... ^^;
    are you flying like you want to?

·
  • bbpanidabbpanida Posts: 231Member

ROOKIE

edited December 2011
    Lol. I do it sometimes.

I mostly just pretend to play a game or something on my phone.
    Survery -Survey- USA/AUS/CAN/INTL-US website and Asian Wholesaler
    ·
  • starrynight288starrynight288 CanadaPosts: 1,704Member

IDOL

If only I had a cellphone, but my friend said that when I chattered my teeth it sounds like I'm texting if that counts?
    XD
    ·