Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Ulzzang Contest Round 2 results are out! See who made it to the final round!

Rohto V. Eyedrops

x0_saturn_0xx0_saturn_0x I'm heart sick; heal me; be crazy; can't let you go~Posts: 4,299Member
edited September 2009 in fitness & sports
Anyone tried these before?
So I've stumbled upon these brand of eyedrops called Rohto V, and after reading mixed reviews about the product, I'm pretty hesitant to try them, although I'm really curious to do so.

Apparently they're super refreshing and helps with redness and irritation, leaving the eyes fresh and white, but there's a crazy cooling/burning affect in order to achieve this.
The burning part is what kinda scares me off... how safe is it? O_O

Have any of you guys tried it before?
lee ĸι ĸwang.aj
ι'м нearт ѕιcĸ, нeal мe, вe crazy, can'т leт yoυ go
BIG BANG // 2NE1 // GIRL'S GENERATION // B2ST.BEAST
Credit(s): ohsominty & shimbi

Replies

• TamiTami New YorkPosts: 980Friend of Soompi
    These are my favorite eyedrops. I know a lot of people don't like the slightly stingy/cooling feeling but I love how they feel minty. That's the whole reason I buy them, actually.
  • melty-kissmelty-kiss IllinoisPosts: 331Member
    Oooh actually I got mine during the summer and only recently opened up the box and used it. : D I like it though!! My eyes feel awesome afterwards. I somehow don't feel like it stings though >__>.
  • adiavoyadiavoy Posts: 2,281Member

IDOL

I think if you start using them, you're suppose to use the Green one first because I heard it was less intense.
  • xthitime!xxthitime!x San DieggoPosts: 156Member
    i just bought these eyedrops about two weeks ago and i love it!
    I got the Artic type, and at first it feels like your eyes are on fire, BUT after you continue using it you'll definently like the soothing sensation cause it wakes you up!

I have a question though, has anyone every used it on top of their contact lenses? I know it tells you to wait 15 minutes before putting your contacts in but i'm curious if it is possible to use them while you wear it?
    QUOTE (xthitime!x @ Sep 27 2009, 11:12 PM) »
    i just bought these eyedrops about two weeks ago and i love it!
    I got the Artic type, and at first it feels like your eyes are on fire, BUT after you continue using it you'll definently like the soothing sensation cause it wakes you up!

I have a question though, has anyone every used it on top of their contact lenses? I know it tells you to wait 15 minutes before putting your contacts in but i'm curious if it is possible to use them while you wear it?

No, you are not supposed to use any drops not specified for contacts...with contacts. I don't think they sell them in the US but Rhoto makes a type specirically for contacts in Japan. It looks like this

You, of course can try, but don't say I didn't warn you. I doubt you'll go blind or anything, but I also doubt that it'll be comfortable.
  • xthitime!xxthitime!x San DieggoPosts: 156Member
    thanks! good thing i didn't try it, but i'll try to see if i can get the lycee
  • x0_saturn_0xx0_saturn_0x I'm heart sick; heal me; be crazy; can't let you go~ Posts: 4,299Member
    edited September 2009
    Is the burning sensation dangerous for the eyes? Do you guys know what actually causes to sting so much?
    Haha, I'm just worried I'm gonna go blind LOL it sounds scary having your eyes feel like they're on fire (my eyesight is already poor enough haha)
    And you guys are really helpful, thanks! =)
    lee ĸι ĸwang.aj
    ι'м нearт ѕιcĸ, нeal мe, вe crazy, can'т leт yoυ go
    BIG BANG // 2NE1 // GIRL'S GENERATION // B2ST.BEAST
    Credit(s): ohsominty & shimbi
  • ih1009ih1009 CanadaPosts: 20Member
    i love those eyedrops
    they dont burn ur eyes after a while, its actually just the minty sensation...
    its so refreshing, and it helps so much after using it when eyes are irritated and red.
    QUOTE (xthitime!x @ Sep 28 2009, 12:16 AM) »
    thanks! good thing i didn't try it, but i'll try to see if i can get the lycee

Be careful, there are two lycee's, One regular (not for contacts), and the one I posted above which says "contact" under lycee. The regular is my fav, and it's a darker pink.
  • stoner beansstoner beans WORLD PEACE! <3 New York Cityyy.Posts: 1,731Friend of Soompi
    i love them! i actually came across them years ago but i cant find them anywhere anymore image

but yea, you should start off with the green one for a less intense burning (i didnt really find them burning at all though, just a little bit of tingle.)

if anyone can tell me what store they got theirs at, it would be super helpful. the store i bought them at o longer sells them image
    We must have misplaced the scene where love conquers all.
    It conquers ALL.
  • Brianna&lt;3Brianna<3 Posts: 219Member
    I have the Rohto Ice (the blue one). Yeah, it does sting but I don't really mind. I actually find it refreshing. I got mine at Walmart or Target ( don't remember which one exactly.)
  • greeenkiwigreeenkiwi Posts: 270Member
    Omg that's so cool they have one for contacts. I can only use it when I take off my contacts =( Too bad they don't sell that one here though.

I've recently bought it at Walgreens.
    Start off with the green one, as it is the least intense. When you try it, it feels like a burn.. but then a few seconds later it's like this cool refreshing feeling. It's like mint, except for your eyes.
    After a while, I don't feel that burn.. just the cooling. After this one runs out, I think I'll be ready to use the more intense versions.
  • xo_unknown_xoxo_unknown_xo Posts: 261Member
    i love it.... it burns like crazy, but becomes very refreshing....it helps with redness and such... i like it... i use the green one.
  • S0URPATCH--S0URPATCH-- Posts: 147Member
    It made me cry at first, but it's really not that bad. The effect is definitely worth it and I hear you get used to it!
    I wish I could purchase some, but I can never find any !
  • &lt;3goesDOKIDOKI<3goesDOKIDOKI Posts: 6,159Member
    it actually is "refreshing". its this minty sensation for your eyes.
    my optometrist has told me that eyedrops that reduce redness for your eyes are bad tho and to use eye drops that say "natural tears" instead.
    this is because that the redness is reduced by shrinking the blood vessels in your eyes and i guess prolonged use is bad.
  • B L o T T - iiB L o T T - ii Tasmania &#33;Posts: 1,357Member
    michelle phan recommended this in one of her videos.. or was it 2? o.O
    i've been trying to find them where i live, can't find it tho ><" anyone know where to find it in Australia?
    B L o T T
  • i_saloni_salon Posts: 15Member
    i love the green bottle ones, they are pretty refreshing but they aren't for lenses as i was told.
  • chao vivichao vivi Posts: 358Member
    when i first put these on my eyes, i kinda gave a little yelp and to lay down. but it was all very comical and funny because my friends were with me and we all wanted to try it.
    but yea it burns....but a very coooling burn. kinda like ur eyes are minty fresh =D
    after a while you'll get use to it.
    really wakes up ur eyes in the morning

oh btw, walgreens and cvs sells them =D
  • Black StonesBlack Stones Posts: 191Member

ROOKIE

i LOVE these eyedrops. I started using minty eyedrops about three years ago when my fob friend handed it to me at 4am during finals week. I was really tired and these babies woke me up like no tomorrow. I've totally been in love with minty eyedrops since then.

The one my friend gave me was a korean brand i couldn't find but I found that ralphs across the street from my house had Rohto cool, ice, and arctic.

Cool: green is supposed to be less minty and not as strong.
    Ice: blue is supposed to be a bit stronger, and makes your eyes water a bit more.
    Arctic: silver is supposed to be the strongest minty feeling
    Hydro: white is supposed to lubricate but doesn't say anything about redness.

Since i've been wearing contacts i also started using Rohto Lycee (lighter pink for contacts) but during finals week or allnighters for essays i have to bust out....

Rohto Zi Contact...
    Only available online, like Rohto lycee, it is the same strength as the regular Rohto Zi. It's SUPER MINTY and rated 6/7 for minty strength. Not for the weak hearted. ^^
    imageimage
  • lovely.buttonlovely.button Posts: 4Member
    edited May 2011
    I use these weekly Theyre soo great i onlly use the Rohto Cool Not the arctic or the ice one which are white and blue
    They feel maybe a little weird at first but you will quickly get used to them :) they are not bad for your eyes

the bottle says 1-2 drops up to 4 times daily :)

i recommend them especially in the heat or humidity :)

Take contacts out before us though