Seeing Someone Who's Already Passed Away in Dreams...

Guest yum-o!

I haven't found any similar topics, so yeah.

Over the summer, I had someone my family was close with commit suicide. He was only like 20. But anyway, I fell asleep on the couch today, and he was in my dream. I remember it was my birthday, and he and some kids from my church were there, and he was laughing with us. And I thought to myself while I was sitting next to him "Isn't he dead? No, he's not... he's right in front of me. And he's so tall!" Then my mom woke me up <_<

So I was just wondering... does this mean something? I heard it's not good to see someone who's passed away in your dreams... or maybe it's just females that have passed away?

What do you think?

And has anyone else had a similar experience?

Guest Red-Panda-Chan

OMG! That happened to me like a month ago! I good friend of mine passed

away from a lung tumor that had ruptured. Then a few days later I had a dream

and he was there and he was going to school with me. I was so confused! D:

I'm not too sure about this myth but I heard it from my family, that if ever in your dreams a dead person you knew asked you to follow him/her do not go with them because you might not wake up at all. This happened to my pops, and I never would've thought I would see my old man cry and tremble in fear, I was a little boy at that time and it was kind of traumatizing. Later I found out from my mom that in his dreams, grandpa appeared and tried to convince my dad to follow him in to some kind of foggy abyss. My grandpa passed away from lung cancer around that time. Pretty scary stuff, if you think about it.

I'm not too sure about this myth but I heard it from my family, that if ever in your dreams a dead person you knew asked you to follow him/her do not go with them because you might not wake up at all. This happened to my pops, and I never would've thought I would see my old man cry and tremble in fear, I was a little boy at that time and it was kind of traumatizing. Later I found out from my mom that in his dreams, grandpa appeared and tried to convince my dad to follow him in to some kind of foggy abyss. My grandpa passed away from lung cancer around that time. Pretty scary stuff, if you think about it.

Yeah I heard about something like this, too. Only I heard that if you follow some man with this hat on, you'd never wake up; not just any dead person... I am so sorry for your dad and family :(

Guest eledoremassis02

This happens to me from time to time, at first you it bothers you, but I guess you accept it?

Never heard about the "following them" myth, that's interesting.

Guest Everlasting Melody;

When my mom was pregnant with my brother, she had a dream of my a coffin with lights all around it, and she saw my grandfather in the casket. She didn't want to believe it until she got a call from my aunt that my grandfather passed away :( I barely remember him b/c it's been so long....

Maybe your friend wanted to see you for one last enjoyable time~

I used to have yearly dreams about my grandpa.

Weird, but I guess it was more like a memory, even though I can't remember it actually happening. He died when I was so young...

It was basically his funeral. Weird, but when I tell my parents about the event and what happened they actually confirm all of it. o.o

Guest x3.jelLee

It's never happened to me. My aunty had a dream about my grandpa a while after he passed away where he looked cold and hungry. After that we started burning the money? I'm not sure what you call it. The things Buddhists burn? Well, we burnt more of that and then another aunty of mine had a dream where he was riding a gold bicycle with lots of jewelry and fur coats on. It's strange but sometime dreams can be a sign? I'm not much of a believer, though, some of these things sound so creepy that it might actually be true.

Guest loveandhatred

I dreamed of my grandma who passed away on the day before her 100-day burial date. I wasn't able to come for her funeral but I was able to go for her 100 day ceremony. I wasn't close with her when she was still alive but in the dream, she looks really happy and she told me that she loves me even though we're not close? it's kinda weird...but i was crying really bad in the dream. She didn't ask me to follow her though. After the dream, i felt really bad not being able to see her funeral...

Guest bonjour tristesse.

It's never happened to me before but in my opinion, if someone dead pops at your dreams, they're visiting you. Lmao. I mean, it might sound creepy but .. it's their own way of dropping in on you

Guest Miss Vivienne

I've had several dreams about my uncle who passed away from cancer. Most of the time, he's alright and sometimes in my dreams, I don't remember that he passed away. Once I had a dream he faked his death and jumped out of the coffin and he was like LOL @ us and we were friggen pissed at him... but I woke up... and it wasn't real. Sometimes he takes a whole crap load of relatives to lunch (which he used to do in real life.) My last dream a few weeks ago, I went to his house and it was HUGGEE and magnificent with big screen TVs and butlers everywhere, lol. Ironically, it wasn't heavenly... no singing angels or anything... it just felt like real life. And he put like a picture frame in front of his master bedroom because he wanted some privacy? I was like... lol is this your heaven now? ~_~

In my dream, it seemed like we were visiting him after not seeing him for a really long time.

my grandpa died like in the spring, this year. a week or so ago, i had a dream that i was visiting him. He looked different, much more healthy & alive. i remember i was crying tho cause i was so happy i got to see him again. I think it was Heaven cause he was glowing and everything was bright

My mom told me if a dead person visits you in your dreams, that means they're visiting you? Because my mom dreamed of her mom after she passed away also and told her to give her moon cake. Which my mom did, you know, placed the moon cake at my grandma's grave.

Last october my grandma passed away. I was not able to attend the funeral because I was overseas and it really makes me feel awful considering I was not that close to her. I had two dreams with my grandma that I can remember. The first one, she was sitting at the kitchen table at my new house. It seemed normal to me as if she was always there and nothng happened. The second dream was, we were at my aunt's house. I saw my grandma walking; she walks with a limp because she has some problems with her knee. When I woke up, I started crying because it reminded me how I would never see her walk again.

Guest babiloveyoo

Both of my grandparents passed away the day before Mother's day it was so sad... and then a few years later I saw them in my dreams it was a very weird dream.

A dear friend of mine passed away at the very end of April, 2009. Words cannot describe how close we were and how our relationship was. I guess you could say he was my first love. But we weren't together.

His funeral was the first one I've ever been to and I've never cried so hard in my life from the day I found out he died, until about two months later.

He came up in my dreams twice, both over summer. In one of them, we were at school but it didn't look like our school at all. He was in like in weight class or something and I followed him into the locker and gym hallway. No one else was around besides us. He knew I was following him but didn't acknowledge me. I kept calling out his name but he didn't turn around and just kept going further and further away. Then I woke up.

The second dream, it was just the two of us hanging out in this like, park / forest area. We were like playfully chasing each other and laughing and having a good time. Then we come to this pond / lake type thing and stand by it. He takes my hands, looks me in the eyes, smiles and says something along the lines of "I love you and I want us to be together." And then he kissed me. Then I woke up.

Soo I have nooo idea what all this means.

That'd be so scary to see someone dead in your dreams and glady, that never happened to me. I have some similar story though but even more scarier. It's not me but my mom, before my grandfather (my mom's side) passed away, he appeared in her dream. He was wearing a black suit, eating foods set in the table without saying a single word. Turn out he passed away the next day. If it wasn't for the party we had that day, my mom probably had to live off without knowing her precious dad passed away (she never phones relatives unless she's drunk). Plus, we live distances away from them. It's been 10 years we haven't visit Korea. =(

Archived