What Barrel Size Curling Iron Should I Get...

Guest x_laughter

Guest x_laughter

1 inch or 1 1/4 inch?
I'm about to buy my first curling iron, but I do not know what barrel size I should get for my type of hair. My hair is on the short and thin side and I want a size that will be versatile for different hair styles like these:

WAVY

tiff.jpg

normal_200905010049002704334A_10.jpg

CURLY

kelly-rowland-hair.jpg

I know I won't get it exactly like this, but yeah!

This is a photo of my hair...

4202_99635322441_755782441_2563102_.jpg

Thanks alot you guys!

Guest bonbonbooty

I'd go for 1 1/4. That extra 1/4" makes the waves a bit larger (like the ones in the pics you posted) and not so tight.

Guest onewithoutlove

CARMENNN WHERE DID YOUR EYES GO????

lol just kidding. welll as a VERY good friend...

i suggest you get... 1 inch

I HAVE REASONS.

1. i did your hair for prom. so i would know your

hair LOL

2. your hair is pretty layered. So big curlers won't

really be able to make that curling effect.

3. Your hair is short. Sooooo big curling irons will

just not curl LOL

4. BECAUSE JOANN IS ALWAYS RIGHT ABOUT YOUR

FREAKIN HAIR ^___^

I'm done ^__^

ps. How's your summer?

Yeah, you should go for the 1 inch.

I think that one is more versatile, since your hair is short, the curls would look better.

I think the 1 1/4 inch one would be to big, and just make the 'curls' look like loose waves.

I have a 3/4 inch, 1 inch, and a 1 1/4 inch curling iron. I have short hair too, and I find

myself not using the 1 1/4 at all. Good thing they came in a pack of three. :)

Guest dreamsicle

Get 1-inch or smaller. I have hair that comes to below my middle back, and 1 1/4-inch only makes it wavy to minimally curly on a good day. A large barrel will do nothing to hair your length. BTW your hair color is so pretty!

I'd go for a smaller barrel size. 1/4 in is good since your hair is on the thin side. You should be able to create more volume for your hair with the 1/4 in curling iron. I'd say go for it. That hairstyle would look for your face type, IMO.

Guest xoSushi

The bigger the curling iron barrel, the looser the curls. So if you want loose WAVES, I suggest getting the 1 1/4''.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest bebeauty

Shorter hair is best suited to smaller barrel sizes like a 3/4" or 1/2" one. Don't forget to use a heat protecting spray before curling and using a lightweight hair spray afterwards to help them stay in place!

• 2 months later...

Archived