Short Asian Males

Guest bape_sta

Guest bape_sta

:|
Okay, I have a Filipino friend whom is 23 this year and he is having trouble being taken seriously for a guy (when it comes to dating). I suppose we both agreed that his weakness of desirability was his height of 5 feet. He is pretty built since he works out alot, and he has steel pillars for arms. He's a pleasant young man with a good social life. He also comes from a nice and wealthy family. Now...to the ladies, how is it that you view a guy that is almost dwarf like in appearance? Do you have any advice for him?

He has also decided he dislikes going out with me to the bar since according to his belief; I'm 5'11, so I get more attention than him. Is height that important to girls?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LUVSSOURCREAM

yes it is............isnt the answer obvious?

went on a blind date with a man 5'4, my height.

and i was like wow this guy......resembles a midget but he is not.

some girls dont mind though. but i think generally they do. and i personally do.

edit: oh and height is also associated with age........and there's a more manly aura with a taller guy. esp when my head is at his chest height.

Guest SheWantTampons

I'm not a girl, but I think height is very important to a woman because it displays strength. Also, women don't find it romantic that she's taller than her man. But if he's short, he can always find a shorter girl. Some women don't mind height. Whatever you lack in one area, you gotta make up for in another I guess. He can't be short and also lose confidence in himself.

Guest artsy

"Life is not a beauty contest, some (ugly people) are great. What I hate is nasty, ugly people... The worst is ugly, short men. Women can be short, but for men it is impossible. It is something that they will not forgive in life... They are mean and they want to kill you."

- Karl Lagerfeld

Guest shim shim hae

height is really important, i'm 5' 9" and i still want 2-3 more inches...

most girls want a guy taller than them... i don't even know any girls who are 5 feet, so thats pretty short for a guy......

and the fact that he works out... thats not really a plus when you're short. the more buff he gets.. the shorter he'll look.

if he's really rich then no...and if he's really sweet + really rich then girls wont care...i mean look at tom cruise

excuse me, what? tom cruise is 5' 7"... thats 7 inches taller than the guy being compared to, oh lets not forget fame, talent, millions and millions of dollars and good looks.

why would you even mention tom cruise?

excuse me, what? tom cruise is 5' 7"... thats 7 inches taller than the guy being compared to, oh lets not forget fame, talent, millions and millions of dollars and good looks.

why would you even mention tom cruise?

cus for american standards, he's short...and he's known as the dwarf...and dates girls taller than him

Guest lis_sing

Well my bf (who is also Filipino) is 5'3" and I'm only 5'2" so he's kinda short too. If I wore heels then I'd be the same height or even taller.

At first I was kinda iffy about him because of his height (stupidly shallow I know) and only saw him as a friend. But eventually he won me over because he's a really nice guy who always knew how to make me laugh and we can talk a lot blah blah blah....

It was really his personality that really got me (lol as cliche as that sounds)

So I don't think your friend should worry too much. If he really is a nice guy like you say he is then I'm sure he'll find someone that will like him for that.

And if height is still a concern then I would get him to go for filipino women. Some are quite short (like my bf's sister who's 3 years older than us but is only 4'11" max)

Guest lynaeina

Girls would prefer guys taller than them but

others would take into consideration assets

which make up a guy's personality.

I say that he should stay confident & true to

himself. :) Girls love that too.

Guest heineken.

A lot of girls list height as a very important requirement. If not taller, AT LEAST the same height. Shorter guys are just not an option...

He just needs to find a really short girl.. or a girl that doesn't mind being a few inches taller. =P

Guest BAZINGA!

Lol. IF his face is attractive then his height won't matter as much when attracting females. I know plenty of short guys that don't have trouble getting girls. Lol.

Of course height is important to chicks, I can go far as saying I would be much more confident with chicks if i was taller. im 5'10 but like to stand firm as possible or even tip toe sometimes lol to make myself seem taller. God if only u could give me a few more inches........ down there.

Guest bape_sta

Wow. I suppose I knew it was 'obvious' that girls like height because of a security issue and such, but didn't expect an overwhelming response. It also sucks that he is 23 and in the 'golden' years as well. I don't think he will get taller though, it's a genetic thing.

A girl that is under 5 feet, he might have trouble...People might mistake him dating a prepubescent girl. :P

Guest BAZINGA!

Of course height is important to chicks, I can go far as saying I would be much more confident with chicks if i was taller. im 5'10 but like to stand firm as possible or even tip toe sometimes lol to make myself seem taller. God if only u could give me a few more inches........ down there.

LOL!!!!

I'm short, I've dated/been interested short guys.

A girl that is under 5 feet, he might have trouble...People might mistake him dating a prepubescent girl. :P

But since he's 5', people could also mistake them for a middle school couple, ahah.

Personally, height isn't as decisive a factor unless he falls short heh in personality as well. It comes down to attitude for me, really; if he spends a lot of time moping about his height and how it hinders his chances of landing a girl, then eh. Confidence can make up for that inch or two, but lack of it amplifies his short height.

I might be a bit biased, though, because I'm already pretty short & it's rare for me to run into a guy so significantly shorter than myself he isn't legally considered a midget. :|

Guest Painterlyy

I'm 5'2 so most guys are taller than me...but i'd personally wouldn't date a guy shorter than me.

I don't want to feel like a tall...beast.

Archived